PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

I uninstalled the WT530 (the marketplace version) and use the PMS version.

I looked around a bit and came across this info too, although like you I couldn’t find details, anyone with any information?
Edit: also, I can’t seem to find a proper changelog for the arrow, one in JustFlights website FAQ is not current I don’t think. As I seem to have a more current version installed than the one I see there which is 10.5. I seem to have the 10.8.

This was posted on their forum a week ago:

Yes, all of our PA28s will be receiving an update in the next week or two. That will include some flight model tweaks, compatibility with the latest versions of the Working Title GNS, PMS-50 GTN and TDS GTNXi, and other general fixes for any issues reported since the last round of updates.

2 Likes

Funny thing is, I have the version 10.8 on MSFS when I check it from content manager. I think 10.8 is the update you mention. However, I cannot find any mention of this patch online or a changelog.

Nah there’s been no update for a while. The update about the… update that I posted above is an upcoming update and hasn’t been released yet. Hopefully will be within the next week though, (will take longer if you bought from the MSFS store though)

4 Likes

Hmm, hadn’t flown the Arrow for a while so I’ ll take your word for it. But still, the latest changelog I could find was 0.10.5 which seems to have come out in the summer, but the store version shows a version 0.10.8. Which I couldn’t find any info about.

Where are you seeing that version number? 0.10.5 is definitely the latest version released. Even the beta version they send out for the flight model changes has that version number. If you check the manifest.json file under the justflight-aircraft-pa28-arrow-iii directory in your Packages does the package version line match this?
"package_version": "0.10.5",

I would guess that due to issues with the marketplace they had to resubmit at some point and had to increment the version number so the version that shows in the marketplace no longer matches the real version. I’d be interested to know what the version in manifest.json is and the version that shows on the tablet in the plane (pretty sure the version is shown on there somewhere?)

Been flying the C310 and the C152 a lot lately, it’s really time to get some turbo power rocketry going again, cause that’s what it feels like after flying naturally aspirated planes for a while! :slight_smile:

I’ll take the little nugget up again tonight in anticipation of the update. :slight_smile:

Still no update?

This has been their latest comment from 2 days ago. Looks like they shelved the update again in order to wait for the sim to settle, which might be never. So sad.

This is a real shame :frowning: I used to like flying that Arrow… great fun VFR and with the GTN750xi it was a good single-engine-piston IFR platform, as well…

was.

3 Likes

I understand the disappointment around expecting an update then it taking longer than anticipated but I really don’t understand the people who say they don’t enjoy flying the just flight PA28s any more.

I have experienced the twitchiness and I just don’t see it as a big deal. In all other aspects the planes are still a treat to fly and the twitchiness only seems to happen when flying low over rough terrain in gusty conditions - at least for me it isn’t happening all that often (and when it does I can happily ignore it as the plane continues to fly normally).

They are probably completely different groups of people but it amuses me to see that people will just give up on Just Flights PA28s over this and meanwhile other people are singing the praises of another PA28 that recently released (not from Just Flight) which has completely unrealistic aerodynamic performance, engine performance, and systems simulation (but it looks pretty and that seems to be the main appeal!).

I will continue to happily fly the JF PA28s and look forward to the updates when they are able to release them

8 Likes

I tend to agree re: the twitchiness. It doesn’t bother me all that much but on the other hand I could see where it would bug someone else.

The real deal breaker for me is that the 530/430 package doesn’t play nice with the updated WT versions.

If only that got fixed, I would be a happy Arrow driver again.

1 Like

Seems to be mixed messages from JF. One says release of the patch should be in the next week or so, the other implies it will wait until the sim FM stabilises. I thought the testers who posted here said the fix was quite good?

Regardless, I’m the same in that I only seem to be affected by flying low over ridges etc. so it doesn’t stop me flying the plane. However, there were other fixes mentioned and there doesn’t seem to be any reason not to push these out now, especially the WT530/430 update.

It’s not a big deal to you but I’d rather fly other aircraft in my hangar that don’t have these problems with being twitchy.

Many of us bought the Arrow because it felt so good to fly. If you take away the awesome flight model there’s no point of flying it anymore. I’d rather fly the stock C172 right now tbh.

2 Likes

I totally agree. I have the Piper Warrior and Arrow and hands down I fly the Asobo Cessna 172. It flies so much better after the CFD, New Prop and SBS. A real shame as I am a Piper man rather than Cessna, but I prefer to fly a plane that flies like a plane. Most of my hours are in Pipers and in real life I always preferred flying PA28 over a C172. Not the case in the sim because of the flight model. It makes me hesitant to buy future Just Flight planes considering this has been an issue for a long time and Just Flight doesn’t see it or has moved on to other planes. Waiting for the A2A Piper to see how that flight model compares to the current GA standard C172.

11 Likes

Yes, it’s a shame because it used to be my favourite plane in the sim.

I still think we shouldn’t be too hard on Just Flight. From what I’ve read they are really trying to fix the flight model. The problem lies mostly with Asobo and their new gust system and the lack of support to third party developers.

3 Likes

Actually that’s a little disturbing ( and as someone who’s a very amateur tinkerer with flight models too, 100% understandable ) - Asobo is pushing the perfect world where we stick in the aircraft’s dimensions and their physics engine makes the aircraft perform correctly. Unfortunately, it just doesn’t, but we’re losing tools to correct the matter. I think it might be worth a better-than-current release even if it’s not factually correct though just to improve feel.

1 Like