PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

I discovered that Windows Defender considers the GNS add on to be a serious Trojan and quarantined it. I restored it and everything is good. I needed to exclude the community folder from security screening.

You can pull the corresponding circuit braker.

Still no response from JF on this so I’ll ask here.
I am building a 750/650 panel and am looking for the 650 simvars.
I have all of them for the 750 but they don’t work for the 650.

All the variables can be found in the JF_PA28_VC.xml file. Search that file for GTN and you’ll see the variables for both the PMS-50 and TDS units.

Martyn - Just Flight

2 Likes

Any chance the texture / color of the panel can be changed? Is there a .tif or something similar that can be adjusted from say the standard black to beige?? I fly one like that irl & like the contrast.

If you have the Turbo Arrow… the “III” has a grey panel… the “IV” has the tan…

There are subtle differences on the complete texture(s), but the upper part (main panel) is interchangeable (save the airspeed warning labels)… I selected just that part, and layer/pasted it…

Also, the red-ish interior had to go… that involved several textures (for both VC and exterior model) being swapped …

The way I do it, is tedious… I’m not sure if that discussion is OK here… If you’re interested,… PM me…

Hi Martyn,

Unfortunately being new to the forums I cannot DM you, but I have time in Arrows and would be happy to help beta test.

Bench test of the new GTN750/650 for my Piper 28 Arrow

6 Likes

You, sir… Are the man!

1 Like

Nice work !..

I’ve read that there should be updates to the PA’s to fix several issues. What issues are there? And any word when the updates are to be expected?

1 Like

I’m hoping they fix the Garmins 530/430. Maybe it’s a conflict with the WT Garmins, but my CDI shows GPS and VLOC on top of each other flickering.

3 Likes

Which Garmin 530 are you using?

You realize you can only install either the PMS530 OR the WT530? You cannot have both installed at this time (or probably ever?).
If you have the PMSGTN750, there is a patch you need to load to make the WT530 compatible with it.

I’ve been flying the Warrior without issue with the PMS530 (having uninstalled the WT530).
I would not currently trust the WT530 to work well as it’s still in development and released as a beta product.

WT530. I don’t own any PMS products. I’ve gone back to radio nav on several planes which is fine. My main problem with Turbo Arrows now is the elevator trim won’t move. Is there a gust lock or something similar? I guess I should RTFM.

What do you mean the elevator trim doesn’t move? I’m not in a position to test the Turbo Arrow at this moment (I’m at work), but, the trim on the Warrior works fine. It sounds more like you’ve got a controller issue? How are you trying to adjust the trim, with what hardware? Is it possible you have conflicting assignments? Is it an issue similar to the Honeycomb yoke which on some controllers constantly sends a signal even when no change is present?

In VR, I reach down between the seats and try to turn the trim wheel with the mouse and nothing moves.

1 Like

Got it.

I assigned the throttle on my Logitech eXtreme3D pro to the -100 - +100 trim axis and love it for controlling the trim in planes. Probably the best thing I’ve done for my use of MSFS. Adjusting trim prior to this was such a pain using buttons to adjust it, and made flying nearly impossible. I imagine using a mouse can work well, too, but I really like the feel of using the hardware (even though it doesn’t have much throw to it).

The JF PA28 trim moves excruciatingly slowly with single clicks but speeds up if you hold the key down.

1 Like

Hi all
I am not seeing the pilot in external view. Is this a common issue with this plane
All other planes are fine.
Thanks in advance if you can help.
best wishes
Bob

Is there a solution for this? I can’t activate GPS because of this.