PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

Great! Although I still consider myself a noob, it’s so different flying this plane compared to the stock GA’s. Just love it. One thing that would be great is a way to change the interiors from within the sims (as a livery, or with the tablet). Maybe that’s not possible but one can ask right?

Fantastic news Martyn and team!
The Arrows are still the best single prop GAs in the sim.
Really looking forward to the update :star_struck:

To celebrate, here’s the Turbo 3 over Naples:

5 Likes

Great news. Will the Turbo and Warrior get those as well?

1 Like

Are you on PC or Xbox?

If you are on PC, there are other interiors you can add to any livery you want at flightsim.to

I seem to have an issue with vertical speed. When I take off, even in clear weather, right after take off, vertical speed shoots up to about 2000fr/min and then back down. Fluctuates constantly from +2000 back to -2000, plane feels like it’s on a swing. This is with no flaps, no trim.

Also, right after take off, even if I touch the trim even for a mm, the VS shoots up. It’s seems to settle down a little after a while, but never experienced this. Bug?

Appreciating how Just Flight keeps updating their aircraft, this is a big part of why I’ll keep buying Just Flight products whereas there are other devs, including well-known ones, I’m not interested in anymore.

3 Likes

I just purchased it in the current state, knowing that the flight model will be fixed.

So patiently waiting for the fix to start flying with it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t wait. The flight model is pretty good at the moment and the plane is a joy to fly if you look past the couple of issues (easy to do especially when you know a fix is on the way IMO)

5 Likes

Agreed! The Arrow III is my world tour aircraft. I do 1-2 hour flights with it on a regular basis. No issues that would diminish the enjoyment of the aircraft in any way.

5 Likes

I did a 20 min test flight after purchase and I experienced an approach behaviour which I did not encounter with any GA aircraft before, difficult to control like with severe windshear, but I had calms winds selected. Speed was fine too, I would not see any user error here.

I will just wait for the new flight model and give it a new try then.

Just did another flight in the Arrow III, slight head winds on approach and landing, apart from only slight turbulance down low in handled great kept it on the glide slope all the way.

3 Likes

A few questions:

1. how do I put the gear lever into neutral position once airborne? Not working with the mouse here.
  2. how can I shutoff the avionics (like the GTN750)? it worked by pulling the circuit breaker, but any better solution?

Thank you!

I believe the gear lever only has two positions, up or down, it’s not a airliner, yes unlike the Warrior there appears to be no avionics switch, so you have to pull the circuit breaker.

3 Likes

I haven’t flown the Arrow for some time. On approach today I also has violent vertical oscillations, like my screen was being shaken. Using clear skies as well.

Did you get this fixed? Like you, I havent flown the PA29 models for a while and the GPS screens stay black even though the radios are working. Is this an update thing?

There should be an Avionics switch. I’m not sure of the name off-hand, but in a Cessna, it’s called the Avionics Master switch.

There is no avionics switch. All radios have to be switched on/off separately.

2 Likes

Thanks all. How do I power off systems like the PMS GTN750, so it does not drain any battery? Did not find anything in the manual. Normally aircraft have an avionics switch and it seems those devices tend to rely on it. Anybody with further knowledge in the Piper?

If I remember right, I just updated the PMS GSN530.
Since then, it works.

Hi all,

We’ll shortly be sending a new FDE update to anyone that’s got in touch about helping us to test them. Please send me a DM if you’d like to get involved too.

Thanks,
Martyn

2 Likes