[PacSim] - KSLC Salt Lake City International Airport

I watched this video July last year and wished for a decent KSLC. It seems that PacSim is the only one at the moment could make it happen. Along with upcoming Flightbeam’s KPHX and KSFO, West USA will be more intesting for MSFS airliners.

1 Like

Stunning screenshots indeed! I can’t wait to fly the Delta PMDG 737-900ER from/to there.

Updated from their Facebook:

March Update: Folks we were hoping for late March release but we’ve decided to push back a bit on the timeline since we’ve received more info on latest RW airport work progress. The GA buildings/hangars - specifically, need updated textures to conform with changes in that area. Apart from that, we’ve added EV charging stations at all concourse ends, improved ground textures to reflect realistic-looking grunge on the tarmac (i.e cracks, dirt, tire markings), etc. We also added Delta, Skywest, Southwest (and other) freight terminals south of Concourse A (East). The two deicing maintenance facilities at midfield and runway 34L end are now complete. We will continue adding interior items starting with the main terminal, but for now Chevron, Burger King, Beans & Brews, and Costa Vida get free advertisement for life.

7 Likes

Recently posted on their Facebook:

March Update #2: This past 2 weeks have been real busy, folks.

Items accomplished:

1. Added cargo terminals (UPS, Fedex and DHL) at airfield’s north-end.

2. Updated/improved Delta, Skywest and Southwest cargo terminals with airside support equipment, containers, etc. (You’re covered, freight dogs).

3. Added airside support equipment to all airline gates.

4. Built a brand new airside support vehicle library to be used in future US airport projects.

5. Improved ground texture work with tire and oil-spill marks.

6. Introduced orthoimagery ground texture for the entire airport area. KSLC in real life has green grass (Spring/Summer) not brown grass all year-round as in default scenery.

7. Created AI vehicle paths to properly track designated roads around the airport. No more vehicles on aircraft taxiways and/or crossing runways.

7 Likes

I would definitely replace my current KSLC pay ware for this version.

1 Like

From the pictures this scenery looks fairly done, hopefully its close to release

Been waiting a long time for this!

1 Like

Are there any new updates to share? The details in those pics looks like they will even eat up my 4090 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will this update be available on Xbox?

1 Like

Most likely not

1 Like

Any news on this piece of art? It is starting to remind me of the neverending waiting for Tailstrike’s LKPR Prague :thinking:

EDIT: Nevermind, I found their FB page. Probably still weeks from release.

3 Likes

It took them a better part of a year from when they first shared images for their RKSI (which is amazing btw) before actually releasing it. They take their time is what I’m saying :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Latest KSLC progress work. The project should be done by June, folks.

14 Likes

Any chance airline gate codes will be added when released so airlines park at the correct gates/terminal? Can’t wait for the release! Been holding out on my SLC routes for this bad boy!

Airlines are XML-coded to their correct Airline gates. However, it depends on default ATC sending AI airlines to the correct gates. It will also depend on your 3rd party AI Traffic program to place them at the correct gates. So yes, Airlines gates for airlines are done correctly as in real-life. See pic attached also.

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply!! That photo looks amazing and makes me even more excited for this airport!! Appreciate the work you all are doing!!

I really hope this comes out on Xbox! Any update on that? Other wise that is looking awesome!

June Update: Interior work finally completed. Utahns and frequent KSLC flyers should be familiar with the new interior airport layout. Not all your favorite shops and restaurants are included in this build but the general ambiance is immersive enough to enjoy. We also have the Honeywell Type 1 Video Guidance System (VDGS) configured for large, medium and small-sized aircraft for all 68 gates. Gotta love smart parking.
KSLC is running smooth so far despite the amount of details. Testing should begin soon.

9 Likes

Thanks, it looks awesome and the attention to detail is amazing. I can’t wait.

Looks awesome! Just flew in and out of KSLC last Wednesday! Considering testing goes smooth, with no big hiccups, is the end of June still looking like the projected release?:grimacing:

Appreciate the detail and hard work you all are putting in