Palm Springs wind farms kill performance

It seems the wind farms to the north west of KPSP airport are generating thousands of duplicated wind turbines at the same location, or apparantly they are extremely close to each other at least. This appears to be a bug in the objects placement. There are several wind farms on the area so the amount of animated objects is insane. This is indeed killing performance with SU11.

I asked on ORBX forums and devs confirmed that wind farms are not part of their KPSP airport product, so this is generated by official game scenery.

This is the same area without the ORBX scenery.

Cheers

2 Likes

If Asobo is reading this , can u optimize the windmill performance at Palm Springs . The fps is a killer

1 Like

Better to file a bug or put this in Wishlist. There is no guarantee developers will read this and act upon it, versus a ticket or the wishlist someone will read.

2 Likes

Wow that is wierd, they are everywhere … but to tell the truth I find the performance is really good, less than a 5% drop in fps which is a little better than the airport itself. From the original complaint I was actually assuming it’s been fixed already. For reference I’m using DX12 in the SU12 beta.

There really are that many, it’s just that Asobo treats wind turbines as one size fits all, so despite the fact that the ones that are closer together in real life are much smaller, we don’t get that in the sim.

1 Like

I use Orbx Kpsp. Everytime I’m at the gate whether pmdg 737 or fenix a320 or default Cessna , if I pan external or internal view …when I pan towards wind farms fps drops to single digits , when I pan away to the south or west or east, the fps goes back up , than pan back to the wind farms (north of airport), fps drops again . It’s the wind farms . They are not optimized

But I don’t have the Orbx addon and my perfomance is butter

So this is why there are no birds in the sim!

2 Likes

I have a scenery package that reduces the number of wind turbines, which will help with your performance issues.