Paris-Dakar Rally Registration Thread (Charity) UPDATE: Prize from Microsoft

SeedyL3205 I would also like to change my registered bird to the Pipstrel Virus. Thank you.

Cyclone62

Sure thing. I’ve updated your registration, @Cyclone62.

Hi everyone,

The registration deadline has passed, and sign-ups are now closed. Thanks to the 66 pilots who signed up to compete; this number surpassed the number of people who registered for the previous Endurance event, the Indian-Pacific Wing Race!

Please confirm your registration status at the link below. If you’d like to change your plane, send me a message in the next few days, and I’ll update your registration.

I will also create a new “Paris-Dakar Race Day and Results Thread” sometime in the next few days where I’ll link everyone who is streaming their run, post my Discord server where pilots can hang out and chat with each other during the race, and where everyone will post their completion time when you finish the event.

Good luck to all our racers, and for those who were unable to commit to this ~20 hour event, I certainly hope you are able to watch one or more of the livestreams and fly along with the pack for a portion of the race. And, of course, we want the big winners of this to be our charitable cause, Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders), so please consider making a donation at our campaign page linked below. Even $5 or $10 helps get us closer to our fundraising goal of $2500! <3

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Please see this thread for important Race Day information, including how to submit your completion time once you finish your run.

Last time, which was my first, I did SO much planning, spreadsheets, everything.
This time it’s literally 3 lines at one end of an envelope and a quick plan in Little NavMap :slight_smile:

But I guess that’s what’s happening when you have summer vacation and think you have all the time in the world to plan. Suddenly it’s the day and you go with what you have.

Good luck, everyone!

4 Likes