Parking Brakes On/Off Bindings

What do the PARKING BRAKES ON and PARKING BRAKES OFF bindings do?

I assumed they engage and disengage the parking brake but on the DC-3 they do not appear to do this.

TOGGLE PARKING BRAKES does set and disengage the parking brake but does require you to know the current state. With the DC-3 this is hard to check, even using the Ctrl+5 view because looking at the parking brake does not clearly show its state.

Ultimately I’d like a system for any aircraft that allows you to press a controller button to engage the parking brake and another button to disengage the parking brake.

All help gratefully received, sPK

Hi,

I assumed they engage and disengage the parking brake but on the DC-3 they do not appear to do this.

I would assume the same and if they don’t do this then programming on the DC3 is special in some way may be.
I am on Xbox and use the Honeycomb Bravo quadrant. I have assigned a switch to the “set parking brake” command. It turns the brake on when the switch is turned to on and off when the switch is turned to off. If your controller has a switch you could try that.
Strange that the toggle command works and the on/offs don’t.

Regards, Frank

Unfortunately Microsoft/Asobo do not police the use of its simulation variables and this is reflected into bindings. If a dev decides for whatever reason to do something in their implementation that doesn’t use standard sim events/variables then because the controller bindings are fixed to these they will not work for that aircraft. Sorry to say that there is no one control for every aircraft because of this very fact. These custom setups require the use of third party software to enable control which of course is only possible on PC.
Yes it’s not good but that’s the reality of a lack of control.

1 Like

Which is one of the reasons SPAD’s ‘Event Viewer’ and ‘Data Monitor’ are such valuable tools.

You can also use ‘Tools → Behaviors’ in Dev Mode to find variables, but that’s much harder to figure out.

Check the Asobo Cessna 152 and the parking brake does not respond to the PARKING BRAKES ON/OFF bindings either.

on the 152/172 I did manage to bind one of my spare throttle levels to the parking brake, but I can’t remember what it is listed as in the sim…I’ll check when I get home later.

I have it set so that when I push the throttle all the way up, the parking brake is OFF, when I pull it down it pull the brake ON.

@FrankO7109 Looks like you win for the moment. I do have a switch on my old X-55 that I could use but it is normally used for reverse thrust so was reluctant to use that. However I have just realised that my Gunfighter Pro has a bizarre second trigger that will also work (you flick it forwards to make it permanently on)

I’d still curious if any aircraft have implemented the separate parking brakes on/off bindings.

Any way thanks all for your input.

How? It’s listed as a Windows only product

How? It’s listed as a Windows only product

Nope, that’s what that Honeycomb USB-hub is for. You connect both the Bravo and the alpha XPC to the hub and then plug the cable coming from the hub into the Xbox.

Look here.

Regards, Frank

this is how i set parking brakes to the throttle. I assume it would also work for any button that you can “lock” on (otherwise you’d have to keep the button physically held down lol).

I don’t know of a way to press a button to release the brake specifically…but using an axis or lockable button works great with this setting.