PASSENGER2 for MSFS 2020

Looking forward to the release of this in the next couple of days. Hopefully it will knock the socks off SLC and PACX.

Interesting they provide cabin seat assignments for based on aircraft. IRL the seats available in an aircraft are determined by the airline. Some airlines have more passengers for the same aircraft type/model than other airlines by using different seat configurations. I wonder if PASSENGER2 will be granular by airline.

Looks very similar to FSPassengers for FS2004 and FSX - and that can’t be a bad thing. You could create your own payload configs for FSP, maybe Passenger2 will also have that feature?

What can this provide that can’t be done with PACX or SLC already? I’m not saying this app is pointless, but from where i’m standing, given my preferences of immersion i don’t see why someone who’s paid for SLC or PACX should pay a 2nd or 3rd time for an app with barely enough additional features to distinguish it from the first two? And you can’t say an “active developer” because they haven’t even released version 1.0 yet, how do we know they won’t pull a steve or tfdi and bail for an indeterminate amount of time? Steve doesn’t communicate as much as the community would like and TFDI i think considers PACX feature complete (idk if they’ve had any real updates lately honestly)

There’s only so much that can be done with pax simulation apps. Personally even when i play with SLC turned on it’s way too much for my smol smoov bwain to manage, especially when i’m on VATSIM or doing something else that requires my divided attention.

But hey, this is a free-market society where competition only ends up with better products and services. And if (the proverbial) you have never bought the other passenger apps then i hope this app is what you’re looking for in passenger simulation. I mean
at least it looks like it has all the features SLC wishes it had :eyes:

I agree! The added advantage may be the flight economics! It would have been nice if this was at least synced with GSX Pro. Like you I don’t see much of an advantage over SLC (which I also have simplified it a lot, I don’t even go through the boarding process). So we shall see! Will wait for reviews

I guess. But how many career apps exist out there already? Some you can make your own company and others not so much. I recall seeing a thread of someone asking if GSX is necessary for the sim. The short answer being: its up to what you want out of your experience. The same goes for what features you want in your pax app, your weather and traffic enhancers, your ATC needs, the fidelity of that plane you wanna buy etc etc.

I just can’t see paying nearly $10 more than what i paid for SLC to get a negligible amount of additional features that i don’t see being worth more hype than it deserves (and i don’t mean that negatively of course :slight_smile: )

1 Like

It looks interesting to me.

I have PACX which cost me ÂŁ29 and it is not only pretty basic but has not seen any updates for a considerable period (well over a year?). Not sure whether TFDi have given up with it or not and whether it is now dead in the water but it is sure looking like that to me. For me, that was a disappointing purchase and one which I no longer use.

This at first glance seems to offer a whole lot more than PACX and so it could be of interest to me for that very reason.

A few unknowns though could put me off:

• impact on sim performance

• will it cover the aircraft I mainly sim in

• what sort of support/improvements will the dev likely provide. I don’t want to be caught out again like I was with PACX. I’ve not heard of this dev before so, yes, not sure whether we’ll get meaningful long term support or not. Who are they? What have they done before? A bit of background info on the team would be of interest.

I definitely won’t be pre purchasing it though. Not worth it just to save £5 imo. I shall await reviews/comments before deciding to buy. I guess we’ll see.

3 Likes

Given that this will apparently be launched in a couple of days I am surprised that the dev has not joined the thread here and given us a few teasers/pictures/streams or even a few more up to date details.

It’s out. Anyone tried yet? I wish they had trial not convinced to try for $32.

You can try Passenger2 for free. The free trial will allow you 30 minutes of unrestricted access before you must buy and activate Passenger2.

1 Like

I tried that 30 minutes free version. I loved PassenrerX on FSX and hate SLC when it became 1.6- version. (Too much to do and handle). I’m not buying that Passenger2 because I can’t move that window. It just closed itself during a flight etc.

I pre-ordered it and I’ve already used it on two flights. It’s good for people who think SLC is too complicated and too “busy”. I like SLC (v1.6) a bit more, as it contains communication with ground crew and some extra features but I haven’t tried that “career” mode in Passenger2 yet. So maybe that will make Passenger2 more attractive than SLC to some people. I stopped using SLC because it was taking some of my flightsim FPS, on bigger addon airports like iniBuilds EGLL or KJFK it was almost third of my frame rate. Passenger2 is easier on performance, it takes only 2-3 fps according to my tests. And yes, I confirm you can’t move the Passenger2 main window but that doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

That’s pretty important to me plus I would like it to be resizeable.

Good news about the fps though.

You can move it by right clicking on the mouse button on the Passenger2 window

3 Likes

Okay. Good at least that you can move the window

I can concur right mouse button to move

Ok. Thanks. Maybe I give it another change. After SLC went in trash I have only ATC Chatter to give nice atmosphere. :slight_smile:

I have not started my own Career with this product yet, however I did a Flight with a certain airline
downloaded a MP4 safety video and boarding Music and Logo. Never had the option to divert yet, again it gives you an option to turn it off or how often you would like a situation to happen.

It was great listening to the boarding music and pushback watching the safety video. (These are not provided by the product, you have to use your own videos .MP4)

You dont have todo many interactions with the crew, the crew will bleep every 30 min to make sure you are looked after. You can turn this off with rest option.

Easy to install

The Map at the moment during flight is pointless just see a great big dot, its the size of the southeast of England, travelling to your destination. No option to increase the UI.

Right mouse click to move to your second monitor.

I was very impressed
it has potential to be further developed.

But dont expect boarding music and videos from the Airlines
its just a basic safety announcement from the airline you choose. (Just mentions the airline in their language and or accents)

1 Like

Thanks for your early impressions :slightly_smiling_face:

I am still interested in this but thinking at the moment it might be better to wait a bit until it matures.

It seems a little like ‘early access’ at the moment or am I being a bit unfair?

1 Like

I have no affiliation with Passenger2, Personally I prefer it to pacx. Compared to SLC I am on the fence, its less complicated I just liked the Safety video option with Passenger 2, and gives you a career option.

Since I have bought the product its had about 4 updates. No I dont think you are being premature, however it depends what you want with a passenger addon.

To me with a bit of work this bought me more immersion with airline I used. In reality as a pilot your not going to hear the safety video/or hear. It was nice to see a boarding card with the logo onit. Just need need to covert videos in MP4 and put it in the appropriate folder, and convert pic for logos as a png file.

If you set up your own airline company you could use it for career mode, design your own livery for aircraft, design your own logo also make your own videos/vouce recordinggs for safety briefing. Forgot to mention another con Aircraft are limited and seats are not to the specific airline, from my understanding (according to seat guru).

I dont regret buying this product.

1 Like