PASSENGER2 for MSFS 2020

I bought it as a replacement for pacx. It is ok and does the same thing as pacx but with some extras. It is like fspassengers and that is good. Only it feels like it is in beta state . There are some spelling faults which is sloppy and had 1 flight where everything in passenger2 frooze. So when i landed the application still said it was in cruise… So yeah, hopefully there will be updates soon to fix this and also hopefully with new soundpacks. And it would be nice to have a shortcut for bringing the information to the front (now using alt tab).
So for now it feels like a little step forward from pacx (got about 600 hrs a flights on pacx and the carreer mode for me feels finished)

1 Like

Yes, I have PACX too. Whilst it works okay and there is little fps downside it just doesn’t offer enough for me. It cost me about £28 and I stopped using it ages ago. A bit of a waste of money really (for me). I only used it about 5 or 6 times.

Happy enough to buy another similar addon but I would like to make sure the next one gets a bit more use :slightly_smiling_face:

That doesn’t sound great tbh.

I don’t mind early access or beta products but not at £25 especially when other competing products are around the same price or cheaper. SLC openly states it is early access but is only £16.99 for example. If it’s not a final product (seems pretty obvious to me it isn’t) imo it should be priced accordingly and lower than £25.

I would like to buy it but for me I think it needs to be better than it is at the moment :slightly_smiling_face:

Absolutely go with your gut feeling, until it Matures.

1 Like

OK. Now that I used it five times (that 30 minute trial) I have to say I don’t buy it yet. Remember how small fspassengers- control screen was? On this it’s way too big with completely useless plane layout. We don’t need that. And we don’t need that seat screen either. Just get rid of everything pointless crap and add feature where resizeable panel can bring on top of the screen.

1 Like

Really struggle to see the purpose of this tool? doesn’t SLC have something similar

Hi, I agree that it’s a bit rough round the edges, but you can resize the window with the plus/minus on the numpad (I’ve just tried it and it works!). Overall, I think it’s got the potential to be much better than PACX (which seems like abandonware right now) - it already has more depth, but it has more friction than it should for the price. Hope this helps a bit, Matt.

1 Like

Does this also have some airline management like airhauler 2 for example ?

I mean buying olanes for ai pilots … schedule sectors etc etc ?

Hi at present I have only used the “just fly” option using my own downloaded safety Videos or announcements. Just place the sound files or videos in the appropriate folder.

From what I know so far, happy for people to chime in and say I am wrong.

Career Mode you buy aircraft but you do all the flying. You only set the wage of staff, you buy a fleet different aircraft (which is very limited, like they dont have seats for the A319…and they dont seem to be airline specific. Only option to change how many first class passengers) There are a few GA aircraft you can buy if you like, not just Airliners.
Current aircraft
A320, A321 A330
ATR 42-600
BEECHCRAFT BARON
BEECHCRAFT MODEL 18 AND 99
KING AIR C90GTI, KING AIR B100
737, 738, B777 300, 787-10
BN-2 Islander and Trislander
CRJ 900
Cessna 152, 170, 172, 182
208 Caravan
Citation CJ4 and longitude.
Cirrus SR22, Diamond DA40 DA62
Embraer 175
Honda HA-420 Hondajet
JMB VL-3 Sprint
Pilatus PC-12
Piper PA-24 Comanche
Vans Rv10, RV 14

However I have used it with A pilots life 2, career with easyjet europe, flying a A319 you can still use A320 seat layout on passenger2 its not synced. (I find this personally annoying) If my aircraft is full I want to see it full.

Another feature I like for examplec, like flying the fenix a320 turn on seatbet it is synced with passenger2, start pushback Safety video or announcements are played automatically (ensure you click the video you want or announcement) this you need to download yourself for legal reasons.

The flying Map is pointless as stated before it does not show your route, just see a big dot the size od southeast England, UI is better if you have a second monitor.

You sign contracts for catering, ground handling (so bags can be damaged or loss), buy the food and drinks you want, duty free and set the price…then fly youur reputation goes up or down to how well you manage and obviously how well you fly, as it is a flightsim) So for example you start a flight with 140 passengers…however when you set the price it that figure may go down, people cancel.

Its not Ai like Onair or Airhauler its a bit unfair to compare, its offering a different perspecive of managing your own airline, and its more about passengers. Managing passengers in the air, you may have to divert, this option can be changed aswell, if you desire.

I personally dont regret buying it, however in the present state it is a bit pricey…needs to be developed more. I have set up my own safety announcements or videos, boarding music and of course the airline logo, which is so easy to set up…thats what I love. Voices are not robotic.

I have had almost daily updates, with this product.

Hope this helps

Happy passengers happy Captain.

1 Like

Wow …. Thanks for the extensive post !

Its a no go for me then.
Yes it is about flying but i realy like some “virtual airline” management like AH2

AH2 is old though … and i became billionaire within a couple of weeks. So looking for something more realistic.

Hoped this was it … but is not

Again thanks for your time !

1 Like

Hi, here is a headsup on this product. So I’m still using the passenger2 app on every flight… but… as far as using it, it is not really working. With the latest updates it is going downwards… Most of the time takeoffs are not registered. And if takeoffs are registered , landings are not registered. So … of the 13 flights I have done with Passenger2 only 3 were complete and registered as a completed flight.
Yes, it is being updated contstantly which is good. But the product just isn’t.
So for now, don’t throw your money away at this product. Going back to pacx I guess.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, I was really interested in picking this up, but there is zero reviews on it with YT. I’ve been using PACX for a while, but I noticed that Self Loading Cargo has recently got a big update, so I’m trying that out again.

I have an opposite experience. I use it practically for all passenger flights and if there’s some bug they always promptly fix it. I have tried SLC again after the 1.6.2.1 patch came out but it’s just too FPS hungry on my system and I don’t want to sacrifice my precious framerates to that. Passenger2 has a slight (if any) impact on that.

It could be that passenger2 is not working well with the fss e175, which I used for these flights. I’ll try it with the fbw320. But still I don’t recommend buying it for now. It still has too many bugs,quirks and stuff against it for being a decent pacx or slc replacement. Maybe it will be better in 6 months or so.

I use FSS E-jets normally with Passenger2.

Ok, I stand corrected. Did 2 flights now with fbw320 without real problems. So there is something with the fss e175 on my system I guess which doesn’t work correctly.

But still as it works ‘normally’ there are a lot of things that could be better.
The most irritating things are :

• the sounds/announcements which , if you are not careful, play right through each other.
  • There is no button or shortcut to get the flight screen on top. You have to alt+tab , and still then the flight screen is never on top .
  • There are back buttons or home buttons missing in some menu screens so you can become stuck sometimes. Then only alt + f4 works
    -You cannot switch airlines, you have to delete your current airline if you wish to fly for another airline ( your overall flights are not deleted, so that is good).
    -The passengers don’t seem to mind serious weather or turbulence or dangerous flying.
  • as far as I have seen there is no maintenance or repairs on the planes necessary (like in fspassengers)
  • everytime you have to setup your flight. Settings are not saved. So everytime you have to setup which soundpack, prices and such you want to use for the flight. For some settings it should be a one time setting config.
  • number of passengers is not the same as simbrief
  • passengers are not synced with gsx ( not a major thing)
  • the crew will call you(the captain) every time (I think it is 30 minutes) until you pick up and tell everything is fine. Can’t find to turn this off (maybe it is an acurate thing but is annoying)
  • if it doesn’t register a takeoff or landing it just hangs. You have to alt + f4 out of the app.
  • all custom sounds you have , you need to convert them to ogg before use. Not a real big deal but annoying nonetheless.

And there are more, but these are just the ones which come to mind.

I wish it would be more like fspassengers was. It is going that direction but is quite far off.
So still , people should wait for 6 months and maybe it is then more like fspassengers was… I hope.

1 Like

@DJJOOST The manual says there is a rest option for the crew to stop calling. But thanks for the review. Im going to hold off. I keep hearing about constant updates but I havent seen anything that has made me want to buy this. Passengers not caring about turbulence or bad flying isnt what im looking for in a passenger addon. I agree aircraft maintenence needs to be added just like FSPassengers. What is the point of having a fleet and all these other contracts like quality of ramp without any penalty for destroying a plane. I still dont understand why we cant create our own seat map. I probably will never buy it if that isnt allowed. As long as people arent permited to throw 500 seats on a 737 to cheat I dont see what the issue is.

SLC is actually the best addon in this area right now.

I don’t think the developers monitor this forum but you should post this on their Discord channel. They’re very helpful and open to suggestions. This convincing others not to buy any product is well, questionable in my opinion to say the least.

Just some remarks:

Even though I use the Simbrief import I always have to enter the number of passengers, so it is the same

I wish there was an option to permanently disable this interaction with the crew but you can prevent it with the “start controlled rest” call

Never happened to me with ini A300, Fenix A320, PMDG 737, JF F28, JF 146, FSS E-jets, MS ATR nor Pilot’s Dash 7

1 Like

It’s time we myth-busted some of the incorrect information posted here.

Firstly, thank you to those who have praised our efforts with Passenger2. It’s people like you that keep us motivated. For those who are complaining of take-offs not being registered, etc, did you even tell us about it? How can we support you if you don’t reach out for support? To nip this rumour in the bud, we were testing a new connection with FSUIPC on the beta branch, which had a 50% success rate. Warnings are given that the beta branch may encounter some problems, and we always ask for feedback. We have since withdrawn the new connection pending further development. The stable branch has never had a single report of not working, and since making the recent change, the beta branch has also had no reports of this.

The next thing we need to clear up is the mention of announcements being played over each other. Again, we have zero reports regarding this. If it is referring to using instant board when the “gate” and “boarding” announcements play, this is because one is played “in the terminal” and one “onboard the aircraft”, hence the overlap. We will, of course, look into overlapping should we get a report via our support channel.

It has been said you have to alt+tab to use Passenger2 with Flight Simulator. This is not true. We have a guide on our knowledge base on how to get Passenger2 to stay on top of Flight Simulator.

Moving on to comments regarding not being able to switch airlines. This is also not true. You can. With Passenger2, you can create multiple subsidiary airlines and switch between them as often as you like. This is explained in the manual.

Regarding passenger numbers not being the same as SimBrief, I’m sorry, but why would they be? This would 100% defeat the purpose of Passenger2. Passenger2 is not just about loading some passengers on a virtual plane; it’s about creating and managing a company. The number of passengers given to you is based upon many factors, such as your airline rating, ticket pricing, marketing, etc. We currently have a new live pricing feature in our beta branch that enables you to gain your passenger figure before starting your flight to put in SimBrief. Just like in the real world, flight plans with W&B are calculated based on the number of seats they have sold. Passengers don’t just appear at check-in because the flight plan says “107 passengers”. If you use ‘Just Fly’ mode, you can input any passenger figure you wish.

Syncing with GSX is something we have already listened to the community about before release. We have added tools to assist with this, such as boarding speed. Passenger2 does detect your pushback with GSX.

The crew calling the flight deck is a real-world feature. This happens with most European airlines to ensure the pilots have not passed out in the flight deck. We understand some American carriers do not do this, and we will later add a setting to disable this as default; however, reports saying you can’t turn this off are entirely untrue. The manual explains that these calls can be silenced by selecting “Controlled Rest” from the flight deck menu. In the real world, pilots indeed go on controlled rest when they don’t want to be disturbed by the cabin.

We have added new seat maps since some of the older comments here, including the A319, which was mentioned. We are constantly creating more.

Moving onto features that are coming very soon! We are creating aircraft maintenance, add-ons (such as wifi to improve passenger satisfaction), and leasing. We have also planned a much more advanced passenger satisfaction system in terms of individual vitals such as hunger, thirst, boredom, etc. We also have a new HR centre planned where you will be able to hire staff based on individual profiles. Custom seat maps will be created, but please understand and respect the amount of work involved in this, therefore it won’t happen overnight. There is more to it since, as explained earlier, this is not just a load passenger and go add-on. We first want to complete our list of 100+ seat maps in developement.

We want to finish by saying SLC and PACX are built around loading passengers, and away you go. Passenger2 is not designed for this purpose. Passenger2 is designed with the economic aspect in mind. You can create a company, buy aircraft and, most importantly, please your passengers to gain reputation and income. You can create your inflight menu and set prices of food items and duty-free, all of which factor into your passengers’ satisfaction. We are constantly updating, supporting and engaging with the community. We have received many messages praising our engagement, and our developments have made some great friends from the community. We pride ourselves on this. We are different from your typical developers whom you hear from once in a blue moon, promise an update in a few days, and then do not release anything for years. We want to talk. Join our discord and send us a private message. We love hearing from you.

7 Likes

PS: your discord invite is not working in any shape or form! please update link