Patch 2 - Controls sensitivity settings not showing

Adding myself to the list. Controller sensitivity setting section is gone after this update. The window pops up after clicking the Sensitivity button but the graphical slider options to change the curves, etc are all gone, as shown in this picture here Patch 2 - Controls sensitivity settings not showing - #33 by BScout9956 :heart_eyes:

Same for all controllers - VKB, MFG, and CH.

same issue, went to the wgs folder and my sensitivity was set to -100 on the rudder i edited it with notpad ++ to -40

VKB Gladiator Mk2

Absolutely NOT. You guys have to hotfix this NOW! How the heck is such a critical function not found in testing? Let alone how are you guys saying this won’t be till the next patch? Seriously?

7 Likes

If you download FSUIPC7 you can use it as a workaround. Just have to reset everything in that program and unassigned everything in MSFS

1 Like

Thanks so much. Can’t wait for it to be officially fixed though.

I don’t think changing it in the XML file changes it, since mine shows it is already set to -50 sensitivity but plane controls are still too sensitive.

It 100% worked for me on Steam with my Xbone controller. I have a wonky left stick and it drifts to the left and setting the deadzone back to where I had it fixed it, so I’m sure it’s working. It was pretty obvious to me when I saw the difference by putting the sensitivity back. Are you sure you are editing the correct file for your controller? It might be different depending on what you are using.

I meant to reply to MindDrive4939

I have to agree with the majority here…this requires an immediate hotfix. There are few settings that are more important than sensitivity. Many of us rely on this adjustment to make the aircraft controllable/flyable. Waiting a month to be able to fly again is a no go for a purchased product.

11 Likes

Anyone know where these settings are stored? if in an DAT/XML file or something that we can edit with notepad to change the settings for now until fixed?

Both the Steam and MS Store .xml file locations have been posted above.

@dundermiffpaper

Same here, cannot make any changes

I somehow missed that post. Thanks!

There are multiple folders in the “wgs” folder. Each one for different component.

For future reference, I put a Notepad file in each folder and labled it so I know which device those settings belong to instead of opening each folder/file.

1 Like

The solution posted by Pieloth seemed to work for me. I used -70 for AxisSensitivity and 7 for AxisDeadZone on each of the four lines. You need to make sure you are modifying the correct file. My file had Controller Profile on the third line.

This really needs to be fixed quickly. The file is not that easy to find and edit. A real fix is needed.

2 Likes

Has anyone made a votable request for this in the bugs/wishlist section? Someone should put one up with a clever title saying do it now and not a month or something and I bet we could get it towards the top. Considering they literally copy paste the threads into the weekly media updates having something that blatant might get them to work a little faster.

3 Likes

Unable to find any xml files in that path. I see files with numbers without any extensions. Btw I am using the PC version from MS Store. Any help would be appreciated :pray:

As the subject says. There for me till this down date.
Thank You.

1 Like

Please “hotfix” this!

2 Likes

There should be no reason on earth that a vote priority should be necessary to get this fixed. It’s basic incompetence for which there is no excuse. (Yes, I’m angry because this is the alpha and beta process all over again except this time it’s costing me money).

4 Likes

I’m aware of this and agree. However, it appears that the only way things are going to get fixed is by yelling about them. Surely you remember how trackir came to be in the game.

3 Likes