Patch 2 is an absolute joke!

I suspect that Microsoft has very little to do with the development of the game. While the details of the financial arrangement between them are not public, I suspect it looks something like Asobo was given a publisher’s advance by Microsoft with a contractual release date, and said “go forth Asobo.”

As this is unlikely to be a money-printing machine for their X-Box division, I doubt Microsoft would provide direct support to Asobo simply because the title is flopping around like a fish out of water. More likely they’ll just cut the cord if it turns into a loss-maker.

For your health, I’d recommend a long sea voyage with no stress and, above all, no internet connection.

While you’re out there, read some Voltaire.

7 Likes

Agreed, however, what’s considered trolling and rude is subjective. Hence the balance.

2 Likes

After installing the patch, I did not laugh and therefore I do not consider it as a joke …

1 Like

Funny, other people labeled this game a bing maps simulator and got banned because they were upset their posts were flagged.

Imagine that…

Nothing is simulated correctly in this Xbox game so therefore people who paid for a simulator got scammed to put it bluntly.

Is it a pretty game to fly the included aircraft in? Yeah it’s nice and shiny and I do enjoy the graphics compared to good ole fsx and p3d.

Can xplane 11.5 and future of xplane do what msfs 2020 has, you bet but that will take time, talking about general eye candy.

They have ortho scenery and orbx true earth packages which so a pretty good job, except not sharp or good looking from 0-1000 feet.

Planes do fly and work, g1000 works, and add on planes are fun.

Anyhow msfs 2020 worked a heck of a lot better before version 1.8.30 or however it’s labeled.

Then those quick weird changes they made too many I think, broke a heck of a lot of other code…

Also they did update bing data on the servers already to include fall season photogrammetry data. This included a million power transmission towers everywhere which is so resource intense it causes stutters flying low and slow from 0-2000 ft.

Everyone wants the game to succeed! Me included, but I won’t stop complaining until things that should work and hundred percent correctly are delt with!

4 Likes

I dont really understand your comment. ORBX orthos include decals so there is detail at 0-1000 feet.

The level of detail and or sharpness is low, the textures or tiles used with orbx true earth packages.

In msfs2020 the tiles or textures on ground to make up the ground are higher resolution so when flying from 0-1000 feet it looks sharper and better and more realistic.

Orbx cut that down for file size limitations and drive space for their packages…

Sorry for confusion…

I getcha. The TE GB ortho tiles have a resolution of 4096x4096 pixels 32 bit, about as good as it gets if we want not to fill up 500GB drives just having the UK I guess.

You sound you might know a bit more about the orth than I do. Do you know what the KM x KM size that the 4096x4096 tile covers? (or I guess miles, for you crazy blokes that insist on using metric, but confusing the hell out of me when I rent a car in the UK and everything is in miles!)

Also, and this is an open question to anyone I guess, but I thought that was the whole point of all this streaming was to allow us to stream HUGE amounts of super high-res textures, elevation data, etc.

I literally doubled my home internet plan from a measly 75 mpbs up/down to 150 mpbs up/down (plus fibre optic from the house to all the way to the ISP backbone) PLUS 1TB a month in extra bandwidth…

So far the MSFS2020 has used next to none of my virtually limitless bandwidth to stream much of anything…what gives?

There are 12,107 tiles in UK South version covering 42,000 square miles so each tile covers about 3.5 square miles. Multiply the above by 1.61 and that will give you a pretty close KM figure.

or 1.6093 if you’re a pedantic sod like me.

1 Like

Nothing is simulated correctly?? Sorry, but couldn’t read the rest of what must be some kind of rant after reading that nonsense.

Sorry, let me be more clear, it’s a game for a console and no way simulates anything I know is real on earth.

1 Like

So you believe the earth is flat then?

Here we go again with some stupid random personal attack that has nothing to do with anything because I never said that…

If that’s your intended clear meaning, then I suggest you try to get a refund. MSFS at this point is only available for the PC; it is not available for any console, though I don’t know what specifically about console games means they cannot simulate anything that is “real on earth.” (Disclaimer: I do not, and probably never will, own any console games.)

Even with its many flaws and bugs, MSFS gets a lot right in terms of a simulation. Lest you think that is just my opinion, here is just one small example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ypfn2QBbgM&t=214s

1 Like

Or multiply by 2.59, if you’re converting sq mi to sq km.

1 Like

Total ■■■■, planes fine with the flybywire updates

Patch 3 isn’t! :slight_smile:

1 Like

As this version of the game is no longer valid all current patch feedback should be posted in the current patch discussion thread: [NEWS] Patch Version 1.9.3.0 Update Discussion