Patch 2 is an absolute joke!

If you hit the globe button on foreign language posts it will translate for you.

Yep, broke my a329nx too!

Yes, which is why I think the forum admins are being too insistent on the “English only” rule. Instant and quite accurate translations of most European languages are a built-in feature of the forum software itself. Why include that feature in the forum if all posts are to be in one language?

I have seen some posts from users who have made a valiant attempt to post directly in English, but due to their obvious lack of fluency, sometimes the posts don’t make much sense. I’d rather see them post in their native language and let the built-in translator handle the conversion to English, as it generally does a very good job.

you don’t have to compile anything, the official known issues segment is over 10 pages long.

Where is the full list?

Asking for a solution is flaming? saying the game is broken is flaming?, the difamatory lines that are out of logic, blew my mind what comments you mean, no idea, and yeah my friend, asking for solutions to the company that sells a defective product, is normal, and was a normal doing before, seems now for gaming that not apply, but i wonder if you buy a car, and come with a defective part, you just say, it will be fixed at some point…

2 Likes

I assume that is a rhetorical question and that you already know the answer. Unfortunately, it is a problem with this entire game. From reading meaning anecdotes from alpha testers it sounds like there has been an extremely limited testing process prior to any sort of software update. I hope that you got your refund without any issue.

Again those weird comparisons and complete lack of context. Are you even reading what I’m writing? There’s a right way to report your experience, which will result in changes and being heard by the devs, and then there’s a wrong one. You perfectly know what I’m talking about.

The comments here are so annoying and ridiculous. I have never seen so many trolls and haters at once. My ignore list already has several hundred entries and it is growing. Can’t you do anything about this madness, Microsoft? Get rid of the trolls and haters somehow (e.g. ban them immediately)! Please, for my health.

The main problem with that is that everybody is entitled to their opinion and we don’t want a skewed reality in here not stating that there are problems (because there are). People are more than welcome on listing things that are not right, as long as this happens in a semi-constructive and respectable way.

It’s a difficult balance :slight_smile:

6 Likes

These days with games it seem like the developers just write the code and the client base de-bugs it. lol

2 Likes

How long has X-plane and P3d been out for? 5 years? With numerous paid and free updates over years. They don’t come close to some of what this sim is doing. At least give them 6 - 12 months. If it takes them that long to fix every major issue it will still be a major upgrade from what we have now. Perspective!

I understand your point of view and I have no arguement with you.

However know that there are only about thirty developers for XP and most likely an army for FS2020. And MS has unlimited resources, and they didn’t do all the work.

What disappoints me about FS2020 is the lack of aircraft. But we all know that pretty sells.

Just because a company has lots of money doesn’t mean they just pour all of it into a project.

I am a software engineer at a large/rich company so I have seen the process.

Here’s how a project goes:

They decide to make a game/product: they assign it a budget. The budget might have some flexibility but it’s not unlimited. The managers have to make the project work within the budget. The budget pays for Engineer salaries, outsourcing, and other resources.

Each engineer has a limited amount of time they can work in a day, and you must account for blocking issues, vacation, sick days. etc.

There is likely a very long list of bugs. For this game probably hundreds if not thousands!

Bugs are not a piece of cake to fix, they can take anywhere from a few hours to months! The more complex the software and the more unusual the bug the harder it is to fix. These games have millions of lines of code.

Most likely not enough engineers to fix all the bugs concurrently, so they have to prioritize. While they are working on some things, the rest go unfixed until the engineers are unblocked.

The company will not just pour unlimited money to hire hundreds of more engineers, this causes issues with being able to manage and train all these engineers and then needing to downsize the team after the game is more stable.

By the way as far as I can tell X-plane has fewer than 5 engineers working on the game engine. A studio like Asobo probably has a few dozen engineers and may be able to outsource some or borrow some manpower from MS, but most likely they have to manage it on their own. MS’ other engineers are busy working on other games and all the other software they have to manage and fix.

It’s not magic, it’s hard work, and it takes time!

1 Like

The whole thing is a joke! To refer to this buggy ■■■■ as a Flight Sim is an insult to peoples intelligence! It’s just a Bing Maps Scenery Simulator!

Before the Fanboys attack can I remind them my hard earned cash helps to support this forum!

If MS/Asobo want my feedback on their shoddy goods, they just got it!

5 Likes

No, it’s really not difficult. There is a difference between writing your opinion in a decent way in a public forum where the help you get or your readers are other forum users. Being rude and just trolling (not adding anything to help but just spread negativity) is helping nobody and just leads to the ‘normal’ users leaving.

2 Likes

Yes, you know what I think you’re right. My Bing Maps Scenery Simulator has aircraft in it. Yes aircraft of all things; I really can’t believe Asobo let that bug through. Now that’s shoddy.

1 Like

I referred to it elsewhere as a cumulus cloud simulator. But I’m glad to see that you understand it for what it is. In fact, if you look at interviews and articles about the game’s conception, it was a technical demo for Azure and Bing imagery.

So many people here have referred to all the wonderful, ground-breaking achievements of this title, when they don’t really exist. All the bits of the game have been done before in some implementation somewhere else. Weaving it all together in a compelling way is the key here, and Asobo has simply not delivered the “goods” yet.

And regarding your money, to borrow from another thread:

Apparently because you’re not homeless now, you have no right to complain or be disappointed.

2 Likes

Yeah they are great! More bugs than a termite nest! Not worth a hoot! All highly accurate as advertised.

What’s Microsofts going rate for a Fanboy/Shill nowadays?

PMDG quoted as saying Q3 or Q4 2021 for their B737 to come to MSFS due to lack of system depth in SDK is just terrible. Try again next year I guess. You would think the full might of Ms might be able to turn something around a little quicker than a year.

3 Likes