Patch Out, No Garmin Fix, No Timeframe Given Letting Game Pass Expire And Not Purchasing Full Edition

Title says it all. Great graphics, VFR gets tiring after a while. Where’s the timeframe on the nav systems Asobo? All this sim was worth was the 1 dollar for the game pass trial I payed for.

5 Likes

Calm down … We will have new information tomorrow and every Thursday.

17 Likes

You do what you want with your money, but I’m not seeing how this is a surprise today. The patch notes were released on the 27th.

19 Likes

On the revealing basis of what you are saying, I can only suggest that you might consider cancelling you $1 Game Pass access to this great sim and then monitor how many people are enjoying it and then decide later if you want to join us again or keep using x-plane. You might also find x-plane mobile more suitable to you needs. Have fun and good luck

15 Likes

Goodbye…

13 Likes

Was just about to say the same thing. We knew there would be no garmin fixes in this release. This release was focused on things that were detrimental to some users and preventing them from running the game.

I havn’t experienced any of these issues, but I agree with their focus on them. If I couldn’t run the game I’d want that to be their focus, not VNAV.

Getting tired of the dramatic hyperbole in every aspect of this sim.

Microsoft: Maps whole world using AI and hand crafts hundreds of regions and tens of thousands of airports. The game world includes over 2 million cities and towns, 1.5 billion buildings , 2 trillion trees, and 37,000 real-world airports.

Community: My shed is missing in my back yard, this is ridiculous, I’m never buying anything ever again.

Its not even a few weeks old and every bug and issue is be dramatized as life changing.

What is IMO dramatic is the incredible platform MS has provided that I’m enjoying right out of the box. Yes I have trouble taxiing on airports that don’t match the charts. Yes I’m having trouble planning flights with charts that don’t match real world. Yes… with all that Microsoft has created, they were bound to get a bit of it wrong. Point to any day 1 simulator release that was even half as complete as this one.

What impresses me even more is the commitment MS has demonstrated to continue to build and support this platform for years to come. That is very exciting.

If its so crappy go elsewhere. If you genuinely find problems, bugs or errors then submit a support ticket and help the community. I have a feeling it’s (the community) going to be a great one.

Side Note: I’ve owned and flown every simulator that has existed since the early 80’s and am currently heavily invested in DCS and X-Plane. Haven’t touched X-Plane since this release and don’t expect to. Not knocking a great community project, but this sim has raised the bar IMO.

38 Likes

It replies that your that stop them dead in their tracks. Thanks

They can’t fix everything in one patch, lots of people had problems downloading a sim, updating and such, this was a priority for this patch and not autopilot and other issues, they will fix in time, be patient.

2 Likes

Pretty content with this patch if it fixes the simconnect fps drop issue myself.

5 Likes

Sorry don’t see any changes or improvements. Hope others have gotten something from this patch. Went back to Prepar3d. The Prepar3d graphics are fine but more importantly the FLIGHT simulator actually simulates FLIGHT. So far this is a SCENERY simulator. A really good one I will grant you. But not what people expected with how far other companies have taken this MS franchise. :persevere:

1 Like

Well, it was clear from the beginning there were not going to be any fixes for the Garmins or enhancements of default planes, no surprise here.

I suggest you use X-plane or P3D for system simulation, I love X-plane and P3D was my sim before that. I am in for the long run, MSFS 2020 will be all it can be in time, I have no rush. I have learn to be patient, it makes a big difference in life, you should try it.

2 Likes

Tell em why you mad bro lmao

4 Likes

The Prepar3d graphics are fine but more importantly the FLIGHT simulator actually simulates FLIGHT. So far this is a SCENERY simulator.

This is hilarious. If you are so keen on P3d’s flight model then go ahead and flip it on. Its available for use in the settings of MS FS 2020 under legacy flight model as P3d is essentially Microsoft ESP under the hood.

As for MS FS 2020, yup needs work, but as a base for a future committed developer on getting this platform right… I don’t see anything like the following in any other offering, and I own them all.

Stall Testing (most realistic I’ve ever seen)

Aero

Aerodynamics

Effect of wind on water

5 Likes

The problem is that they ran through an alpha and beta and should have known about downloading and installation issues, along with many of the other issues and they never bothered to fix much if anything. Took them nearly 2 weeks to just get people able to download the ■■■■ thing. I feel for OP it is pretty sad to say the least. The live weather should have also been a top priority since it was blasted and hyped all over the media and from the company. I’ll keep my game pass subscription and wait it out but won’t be buying the full version until some of these big simulation breaking bugs are fixed. My kids play other games on game pass, my 7 year old loves Goat Simulator so Game Pass is a good deal for my family regardless :laughing:

1 Like

@ HaywireCrane212

GoodBye! :wink:

I’m not even sure who this is directed to.

You replied to VeryOldPilot, but quoted me with just “again”.

Apparently you care enough to post this garbage instead of having a conversation or discussion about specifics.

Your a touch dramatic.

Here’s a full working IFR flight. No issues or work arounds. Maybe its just your understanding of the systems and flight that needs correcting.

3 Likes

Perfectly stated. Tired of people accepting mediocre products and whatever, if you can even call this mediocre. A serious flight simmer, especially one who does IFR flights should be and rightfully so pretty peed off about the state of this software.

2 Likes

Welcome to the flight sim community where competition is limited and you take what you can get.

If you’re really interested in study level aircraft I’m sure your $1,500 or more deep in DCS software like myself and am perfectly happy with that bug free beta software.

Or, you recognize achievements where achievements are made and the future commitments to improve them and realize that creating products like this that are perfect just isn’t realistic and enjoy them for what they are and help improve them where you can.

1 Like

No. I don’t think I will.

I think I’ll keep asking them to fix the software I paid $120 for, not realizing it should have been released as early access.

It’s not a problem unique to Asobo, but it is a manifestation of everything wrong with modern game development. That’s why the “day one patch” has become a thing with AAA titles. I just was expecting this to be different I don’t know why. It needed more time in the oven.

3 Likes

Don’t worry. It will be perfect after you spend $500 in addons. That’s my plan.