Payware Bell47G By FlyInside Available now

Do you really think Asobo is going to do a realistic Helicopter. They can’t even get most of the fixed wing default aircraft to fly like a real plane.

3 Likes

That’s not really the point though. We need Asobo to develop a heli flight model native to the sim that can then be easily adapted and modified by third party devs much like many of them do now with fixed wing. The H135 team and FlyInside had to develop their own custom heli flight model from the ground up. Most devs cannot or will not do that, so Asobo developing a native heli model is important to open up the market to more, and better helis.

5 Likes

THAT is exactly how I feel. Not really about Asobo doing helicopters themselves.

This will definately the first heli, i ever even tried in Flightsimulator !

But be aware, in case i feel fine with flying with top-mounted-prop, i will imediately start crying for some of these ones:

S-58 Startup, Takeoff, Pass, Landing, and Shutdown - YouTube

S-58 Anlassen in besserer Qualität (2011) - YouTube

Only releasing a H-19 before the S-58 would be a proper excuse ! :wink:

And if my skills will not allow me to fly these birds, i will be happy with just starting warming up the engine…

Please regard: This are not only my personal preferences, no, this pruduct-portfolio would be officially recomended:

Flying the Sikorsky H-19 Chicasaw Helicopter (Restored -1956) - YouTube

( see 0:39 … )

Regards

SloMo

allways sitting behind the prop until now…

1 Like

@TITANVR2953

Thanks! I’m going to have a look later on. But skimming through it there is something that I noticed immediately: the bubble is way too opaque/milky for my liking, kinda negating the great visibilty that such an open cockpit would have. That’s a big strike against it, unfortunately.

Hopefully that will be toned down?

@Techy111

Thanks for the offer, but videos are the only way to judge the flight model before purchase, that’s why screenshots don’t help much. But clearly there are videos available now that I didn’t know of. :wink:

@Jigsaw407 hi fella, yes we have taken note and we are in the process of toning it down before release :slight_smile: I’ll try to pop a short video here when we do.

Tony

2 Likes

That’s great to hear, thanks!

1 Like

this will be me, promptly after takeoff, on the 30th

4 Likes

it’s someone between us

Im not sure i follow

I was making a joke

im sure you were, i just couldnt understand it

I still think that they could sell it’s own flight model to others devs.
Also a dedicated team , no asobo, could work better in fine tuning it.

I also really really want an S-58. Could fly routes with Chicago Helicopter Airways

Or a Wessex would be nice lol

Tony

1 Like

MD500, and I promise I’ll never ask for anything else!

2 Likes

Magnum fan ? Ahhh I can hear the soundtrack now !!!

Tony

4 Likes

Well it started way back with Magnum but then the movie Speed had that awesome NOTAR in it, and then there was all the YouTube videos of MD500s doing work like aerial tree trimming and power line work. Such an awesome helicopter, not to take away from the Bell 47, because I’ve been wanting a good one in a sim for a long time as well! Bring on Friday!

1 Like

I must admit the OH-6 Loach has always been a favourite of mine.

Tony

1 Like

The Loach! That reminds me I forgot about the sweet helo action in Apocalypse Now. There was also a made for TV movie in 1982 called Deadly Encounter with Larry Hagman, who portrays a 500 pilot wrapped up in some sort of kidnapping. The story isn’t great but it’s basically a 1.5 hour intense helicopter chase scene with some crazy stunts.