#PC - Altitude Reporting Errors/Misreporting/ATC inaccuracy

• #pc; Microsoft Store version; No add-ons; Developer Mode - No

The issue: IFR KDFW to KABQ. Level at 14.0 on the altimeter. VATSIM is showing 14.9. ATC says I’m 500’ above my assigned altitude. I adjust to 13.5 to compensate. Now ATC tells me I’m 300’ BELOW my assigned altitude!

It’s a good thing I was able to shoot a visual approach otherqise attempting an ILS landing while in the soup wou;d have been impossible.

This has happened with multiple flights VFR & IFR and with different aircraft sine update 5.

`PC specs: Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor, 3893 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s), Mother-
Board ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB, Total Virtual Memory 91.2 GB, Total storage 4.7TB (HDD & SSD), Graphics Interface: NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 Super Ti, Keyboard: Razor Huntsman, Mouse: Logitech Wireless USB, Controller: CH Products FlightYoke; HP monitor Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz,

Build Version:10.0.19043 Build 19043
Microsoft Store version
`Did you submit this to Zendesk? No

There is a huge thread on this already including the solutions which WT and the vPilot author are woking on.

Please see the acknowledgement that ATC Radar will read off your altitude incorrectly, and is addressed with the bundled fixes in World Update 6 on September 7th.

There is also an accompanying Discussion to that post if you wish to join.

Thread closed as a duplicate.

1 Like