PC - CTD both Safe Mode and Normal Location Specific (Washington DC Mall)

I suspected that may be an issue, but I’m not sure there’s a landmark in that area. Let me check and see.

Edit: removing the windows 11 pack did not work. They said in the release notes they updated 500+ Airport Data in US. I’m thinking that could be another possible issue

There were lots of Bugs/issues before SU5 that were being discussed in the forum.

Now there are lots of “apparently” new Bugs/Issue being reported that have started to occur since SU6

FINE.

But it seems these NEW SU6 Bugs / Issues are being added to the same Area/list as the old Bugs/issue, which while keeping all BUGS/ISSUES in one place, is now combining both old and new issues, which may not be the best thing to be doing.

Not my call, but it does seem to be adding to confusion ?

1 Like

Just to add to the confusion.

Did a 100% re-install… and with nothing in community, was able to fly to KADW and land !!

Now to start the FUN process (yawn) of adding back to Community, and see if it fails. !

Keep us posted. 100% install definitely not something I want to do

Re-install did not make any difference, but it is 100% repeatable, so hopefully Asobo will correct this regression for KADW (which may apply to other airports as well)

About 8 of us in a group flight had a CTD in succession a couple of nm northeast of KDCA, not far from KADW, following the SU6 update, so this whole area now seems to be a CTD minefield.

1 Like

wherever starting from kdca standard or payware, kiad or kadw always CTD. So i assumes it’s not caused by third party addons but relative to sim update 6 or 5 whatever. Fix it please, impossible to flight over Washington D.C. area.

1 Like

Maybe its for even deeper IMMERSION.

The National Capital Region is governed by a Special Flight Rules Area (SFRA) within a 30-mile radius of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, which restricts all flights in the greater DC area.

I am kidding, of course – It is becoming very clear that this is a BUG - and not the 1st !!

Yes I had multiple CTDs in the kiad area . Definitely a bug .

CTD at KDGS also. Was able to start from KANP but got CTD as soon as I got near Bowie.

Empty Community folder – still CTD @ KADW

Remove ALL world Updates – NO more CTD @ KADW !!

Adding back in all the World Update Except USA to test again …

1 Like

I can also confirm this bug (15 minutes before this writing). Took off from KDCA headed away from KADW, no CTD. Turned back towards KDCA, and then turned towards KADW… was the proud winner of a CTD.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to load into KDCA since SU5 with the 60% loading screen freeze issue.

Strangely, I did - on my very first attempt after installing SU6 - manage to get on the runway, but the sim crashed shortly afterward. Now it crashes while loading 100% of the time.

BTW, I’m using Drzewiecki Design’s “KDCA” add-on.

All other areas I have tested seem to be fine - it’s just Washington DC that seems problematic.

Try flying from from KDCA to KADW. direct. GPS (no fancy IFR FP , etc)
You can make this real simple, in the C172, set departure & destination airports, spawn on KDCA runway, and let the AI Pilot fly the plane.
Expected results: As you approach KADW, at about 2.5nm, you will CTD.

+1 also experienced my first ever CTD last night on final approach into KDCA RNAV 19. Crashed without warning as I passed FAF. Only mod I was using was the WT CJ4, which I’ve been using a lot recently without any problems.

Also just tried starting a flight KDCA->KADW and it just CTD as soon as it started loading up

Same here. I can’t spawn into KDCA.

It seems to be a common problem, but with variants for different people.

ie I can spawn into KDCA (100% every time), but if I take off and fly towards Andrews (KADW), I 100% get a CTD at about 2.5nm @ 1000ft in a C172

“Gut Feeling” – something got compiled by mistake in Debug mode, and made it into the release version – but we will never know, because if that is the case, nobody would ever admit to that !!!

As subject. I’m getting CTDs loading into it or flying near it. If anybody else can confirm before I raise a bug please.

I’ve tried with an empty Community folder and still no joy.

1 Like

It makes you wonder….DC has not been entirely problem free for me but now it is CTD on approach Dulles