Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade

Well said.

1 Like

Taking the words of my lips. Nice comment, and so true.

1 Like

thanks !
I love this gpu , it ran pefectly with FS2020 before last update but now , I m , like you , with less than 30-20% Gpu usage and on certain situation , less than 10% , it s just unplayable cos slide show.
Very disapointed , and I really hope a patch soon.

3 Likes

Almost identical on my machine, 40-50fps before patch, around 12-15 now, even over the ocean.
I only use my rig for flight sim, and I havenā€™t even turned it on for about a week and a half actually so there are no other factors that could have caused this either. Update was just an epic fail

4 Likes

Ok ā€¦ So more than 400 votes on this issue what is Microsoft going to do about this!!!
A hot fix? A patch ???

We are waiting for a answer and a fix!!!

10 Likes

All I can say is itā€™s not a problem with the aircraft, water or weather. I was fine the first few days after the update, everything working as usual, while exploring the Marshall Islands and Kiribati in the Pacific ocean. Those are just small strips of coral with hardly any trees.

Then I got to the Solomon Islands, big islands with rain forest. My system got hit hard with long stutters and eventually ended my flight landing at 2 fps with trees appearing around me after I had already landed.

The next day over Papua New Guinea it fell completely apart. I had stutters lasting well over a second, main thread and manipulators were logging times over 1400 ms per frame. The sim couldnā€™t even keep up keeping the tiles updated underneath me, never mind the trees.

Iā€™ve reduced my settings, turned off live traffic, multiplayer, trees down to high, draw distance halved (from 200 to 100) and after it could at least keep up drawing in the terrain and trees. I still get low fps and bad stuttering periodically, fly out over water and it clears up after a while.

No idea what Asobo did but the problem is with terrain generation/updating. (I donā€™t use any caches, no add-ons, just the base game plus world updates)

3 Likes

yes! it would be great to get at least an announccement that they acknowledged the issue and are working on it but instead we just get the standard copy paste answers from zendesk

Edit: keep upvoting and bumping this!

4 Likes

I have also upvoted this.
Up to this point, I had been lucky and had no real issues. Sim Update III changed all that and no amount of tweaking/settings change/deleting; etc changes the issues.

In a nutshell, I am able to consistently maintain about 50 FPS (locked at 50 via NVIDIA Control Panel) for a minute, then all goes to hell. The FPS drops to between 25-30 and eventually below 10 on approaches. Major stuttering issues after the FPS drop. Almost unplayable. I am able to run DCS on the highest settings perfectly fine in the meanwhile. I will be sticking to DCS until this issue is resolved.

9900K @ 5.2; 2080ti; 32GB RAM; 2TB NVMe drive -

2 Likes

Hello again,

I can 100% reproduce the stuttering in this area exact at the point given by @Cubalibre982 in post 299! I fly with the with Baron G58.

The area behind the texture transition is massively and widely affected.

Interesting: I tormented myself there for a while and then I headed back towards LIQS with course 180 and the stutter ended exactly at the texture limit. Smooth flying over the airport again.

So what to learn from this? There are two users who only know their nickname beforehand, with completely different systems, controllers and add ons, flying different aircraft tbc wtf but with exactly the same behavior at exactly the same location. One in VR, the onther in 2D.

This proves that it has nothing to do with individual systems, windows builds, gpu/cpu/coffemachine drivers, add-ons, controllers, renderscaling or any other esoteric ā€œreasonsā€ but that the problem can be clearly narrowed down.

Now please fix it, I cant do anymore at this point and I am out!

edit: I also checked my stutter point in sardinia with ā€œonline functionalityā€ off, no effect, that stutter stays.

8 Likes

Sames issues. 6850K, 3090, 64GB RAM, NVMe

1 Like

With the new DCS clouds coming I might as well go back to the platform as well. Bought the f-16 and f-18 and never took the time to learn it.

1 Like

More like a 1000 people
With issues and itā€™s just a fraction of the people that are being affected that actually find their way here and make a post. Iā€™ve lost nearly 30 frames since the last patch. Itā€™s real.

3 Likes

@ZeroTapestry82

Am i saying its not real somewhere ?

ā€¦Iā€™m ready to take the same road,so please give us your feedback. Additionally prior testing please do not install the 31 additional downloads youā€™ll see available in your Content Manager.I sudpect thereā€™s also something very wrong about them.Thank you and wishing u all the luck!

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t bother, I spent all day yesterday deleting all remnants of MSFS. I then installed MSFS, and with no addons, or even the optional content from the content manager installed, just the basic installation, itā€™s still the same.

1 Like

For those not seeing any performance issues, try 76T Bishop airport and report back.

2 Likes

Just tested 76T Bishop. Worst experience I ever had in MFS. Stucked at 2 FPS. No visible bottleneck (GPU, RAM, CPU). Unplayable.

2 Likes

Iā€™m getting drops from 35-45fps to around 10-12fps. This lasts normally for about a minute before gong back to normal. No obvious change in cpu usage, network or memory. I do see though that the gpu usage drops from 50% to 20% for the duration of the drop.
Thereā€™s no obvious pattern to the timing of the drops. I think I need to fly the same route several times and see if itā€™s related to a particular location.
The fps however dropped permanently when I approached and landed in Athens.
All of this has only happened since world update 3.
Ticket submitted.

2 Likes

ā€¦so it seems we run out of options thenā€¦which unfortunately means weā€™re stack with nothing more than just a simple hope about a hotfix without any confirmation whatsoever from the only one responsible for all the chaos created.

1 Like

ā€¦Guys thereā€™s no need to do a flight to experience the issue or just to test and examine the areas where the problem occurs.Exactly the same happens also when flying with the drone camera plus you have the ability to move at any speed,hover and move sideways and/or backwards therefore you can way more easier see whatā€™s going on and where.