Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade

Have done some long haul flying on this weekend. Did the following routes:
EFHK - LGSA
LGSA - OMDB
OMDB - VNKT
VNKT - WSSS
WSSS - YPDN
YPDN - YSSY

All flights are between 4 and 5 hours long and I flew them with WT CJ4 and Longitude. Similar to all flights is that FPS starts between 30 and 50 depending on the settings and plane. As an example, with Longitude, departing from Darwin, Australia. FPS in the cockpit is between 40 and 50. Then during the cruise, it slowly drops between 27 and 33. Then when starting decent, everything goes to ■■■■. And this happened on both aircrafts with all the flights. During the early stages of flights, I’m limited by GPU but the longer the flight goes, the more it’s limited by main thread. And when starting to descent, its goes between limited by Mainthread and limited by CoherentGTDraw. And when this starts, FPS drops below 15 and when getting closer to the airport, it drops to 10. After landing it usually bounces back to between 15 and 20.

My rig is Intel 10600k, RTX3080 and 32GB of ram. Let’s hope Asobo can find a solution and brings a hotfix soon.

3 Likes

Almost two weeks later and almost 1000 votes on this issue
 No fix officially issued

I want my Sim back !!!
:rage::rage::rage:

19 Likes

You can minimise the scenery editor by clicking on the small triangle in the top corner, and then move it out of the way. As per the temporary fix posted, I’ve found that I can close the project window down without saving it, and just keep the Scenery Editor window open.

keep saying o paid , o paid!!! everybody paid not only you. This will not bring your money back and will not make your frame rate better. Report to zendesk as we all do and cooperate constructively if this is possible otherwise, if you can’t play like everyone else we’re sorry, but this complaining serves no purpose except to fuel general discontent.

1 Like

Hi pilots.
I struggle with same issues. And it became worst recently.

Limited by Mainthread:
My biggest bottleneck is the CPU. Even its an Intel i7-10875H (8 cores/16 threads) running a 3.5 GHz most of the time it’s the limiting factor. Thread utilization is bad and overall usage is just (35-45%).
Two things mainly have an impact on it: Terrain level of detail and the refresh rate of glass cockpit.
Before I had an i7 with 6 cores / 12 threads. Utilization was equally bad but it ran at 4.0GHz most of the time so at the end it was faster.

Refresh Rate of Glass Cockpit:
Changing the refresh rate from “High” to “Medium” gives me another 5 FPS. Unfortunately this makes the displays very jerky and destroys the whole experience. Not using the cockpit perspective performs way better.
I can only speculate. But either some things of the glass cockpit are drawn by the CPU and uploaded all the time or the renderer for lines/texts/objects is not the best.
I hope they optimize it since most of the planes use displays.

Stuttering:
Frequent stutters are still a huge issue for me as well. It always occurs when the ATC is talking (using the speech via the cloud). Or when scenery items are loaded.
Rotating the camera view also causes stuttering. Mainly when flying at photogrammetry areas.
Then GPU memory usage changes rapidly too. It seems whole content of GPU has to be replaced based on viewpoint.
With one of the latest updates I now regularly experience long durations of stuttering (15-30 sec). Then suddenly performance drops to 10-15 FPS for a long period and recovers afterwards. It can be reproduced.

World Map:
With one of the latest updates the work map became very slow. It is limited by “Manipulators”.
I have to zoom in once to get it back to normal.

2 Likes

General Discontent is the entire purpose of this discussion topic
it does not purport to offer a fix

1 Like

I am wondering why they don’t just roll it back . That would make people happy and they ( ASOBO ) can take vacation as long as they want . I have no problem if it take them the whole year to release an update but it’s definitely a problem if the update wreck the sim for a month .

8 Likes

There is a setting for the refresh rate of glass instruments. Is yours set to high?

Count me in as someone that thinks they should roll back. It’s basically unflyable in the current state.

4 Likes

I have a RTX3090 + 10900k and I had 1 solid fps during 5mn, one fps
 I am pausing till it is fixed, I am tired
 Tried all described “workarounds” and thanks everyone by the way in this quest of minimizing the impact of this regression. let’s see what next week will be made of ! Enjoy your sunday/monday :wink:

4 Likes

is there any more update on resolving this? I have gone from 45-60fps to as low as 10 fps. Hurts my head and eyes playing right now

1 Like

No sir, there has not.

1 Like

Nope. Not a word from them other than “we’re aware” and it will be fixed “as soon as possible”. Neither of those things bring a lot of comfort. Roll it back, Asobo.

2 Likes

hahahahahahahahha made my day :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Agree with many, if the fix will take long simply roll it back temporarily

3 Likes

Yeah , so they can take time to investigate the issue thoroughly as long as it takes .

The airplanes I fly doesn’t have glass instruments
 But this bug effects me too.

This am for KHOU to KBOI was terrible for most of Texas - I had one stretch where the 2-3 FPS last a good 5 mins. Once I got to about Colorado its smoothed out to its generally not so good most of the rest of the way
then on final in Boise again right around the runway awful until just a little before the threshold. I hadnt done much flying in the US lately and it appears to be worse there then anywhere else I have seen. Waiting to see if there is anymore communication this week on this - hoping so but I am not holding my breath. Something is wrong if its still “Investigating” - by now Asobo should have some idea what the issue is. The more appropriate response at this time would be “We know what it is but its going to take time to fix”

Just had 3 great days of perfectly smooth flying. Today it’s unplayable. Slideshows everywhere after a couple of minutes of flying. I have touched absolutely nothing.

That is exactly right. Each update has introduced problems that have mostly been ignored and now they have compounded into a total mess. If I was MS, some heads would roll, figuratively speaking, so as not to upset the gentle types here.

1 Like