Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade

Glad to see this is getting a lot of community attention/votes. Hopefully a fix comes out soon.

1 Like

Okay, I try this youtube video. For me, the guy talks like a snake oil salesman. This is first impression. Second impression is why does he have so much unused space. You can’t read the text, again snake oil.

I have the Steam version of MSFS2020 and I found my excutable at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator

The checkbox he wants us to click is “Vollbildoptimierungen deaktivieren”. Please see the screenshot:

He babbles about DPI settings, but for me this is to confuse the russians. After program start I go to 76T Bishop and get

76T Bishop fps Vollbildoptimierung aus

the same Manipulators thread needing more then 700 ms for one iteration again.

Thanks Mr. Snake oil salesman!

1 Like

There is a Windows update available today. I updated and the performance seems better. At least some of my other processors are being used more and the one is not pegged out. Flying over London seems much smoother. The Manipulator times are way down. My main thread even at times is in the green, where before I use to get more red. At times I get 30 FPS, but I only have an RTX 2060S.

Give the Windows update a try and see if it helps you.

Which update?

I just went into Updates and Security and there was a Windows update available.

Hello ! No update available for me :frowning:

Maybe they are slowly rolling it out. Have it check for updates. Maybe it last checked yesterday and the update wasn’t yet available.

What are those manipulators in easy language, what do they do?

thank you!

1 Like

I manually checked and nothing. Let’s wait an see later :wink:

people stop trying to find fixes, there is literally nothing you can do.
all placebo effect fixes.
this is up to asobo to fix, be patient and wait for a hotfix to appear

5 Likes

All I can say is my system did do an update this morning and my sim is running better. And it is not a placebo effect. The Task Manager is still show higher utilization in one Logical Processor, but it is not pegged as before and the other are being better utilized.

is it back to the performance prior to SIM3, No, nut it is somewhat better.

Careful with optional updates
seems this one has been updated and is being released again

I don’t know. But I think the MainThread is done with its work in the normal time - this explains the say frame rate of 17.6. But the Manipulators thread needs not the normal say 4 ms but 740 ms, that is 185 times longer. This smells like a bug. And yes, the bug can be threads synchronization or threads communication, something the operaing system MS-Windows does. Because MainThread advances only after Manipulators has done its iteration, too.

1 Like

Look in your history, and it will show you what you just installed. It’s possible you could have had an update sitting around for weeks, and not installed it.

The history screen will show you the update, as well as the day you installed it. If you are saying you’ve seen a benefit that great, we just need some evidence of what you installed so others can replicate.

The last update I installed was this:

With this one available as an optional:

Wishful thinking, but I hope a fix is ready before my main replacement monitor arrives Wednesday.

I use three monitors and the main one is currently a 27 inch monitor which I am replacing with a 32 inch 1440P monitor.

Nut sure why it’s under Other, but you can see, that my system did do an update today. will have to look to see if i can find whta KB5001649 is suppose to address.

1 Like

Yeah, you installed the optional one. It looks like 2021-03 got reissued.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/march-15-2021-kb5001567-os-builds-19041-868-and-19042-868-out-of-band-6e0844a2-7551-4b2d-9c4b-4274a5949bf3

Doesn’t really stick out as being something CPU or GPU centric.

1 Like

+1000 , actually there s nothing to do.
it s a game problem , not an hardware fault on our systeme (cos we had no problem before last update).
We juste have to wait the fix.
I stop completely all my flight and buying on FS market till the problem is solved.

6 Likes

I feel, that with Asobos crappy patch system which doesn’t do delta updates but rather overwrites the whole thing all the time a downgrade might just not be possible. They would have to downgrade the streamed media from the servers, everybody would have to reinstall ca. 60-70 GB of data ect.

I havent stopped flying - but I am flying less - but for the 2nd part completely agree - nothing in the FS marketplace until the specific area fix (like 76T) is addressed.

1 Like