Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade

Don’t be surprised if a boycott of the store doesn’t make them work any harder to fix this problem.

3 Likes

The silence from Asobo & Microsoft is deafening! :frowning_face:

7 Likes

I hear there is marketplace discount promotion this am…Ah - maybe the issue is effecting the bottom line and people are voting with their wallet by not buying things in the marketplace…one of the oldest ways to distract when the revenue is lower is to put things on sale…

1 Like

I already knew that !

For the next Development update on Thursday, this bug should be in position 1 of the Bug List. We need to ask what they have figured out so far about this problem and not relent, until we get some kind of update.

We have 968 votes so far which puts us in second place, but hopefully we can get to 1st. Hopefully those that haven’t voted yet, put their votes in.

2 Likes

The sad thing is: You can buy premium/deluxe MSFS 2020 upgrade in the marketplace. But do you think Asobo/Microsoft expect big sales there? The 3rd party developers are not happy about this non stable eco system. You are angry on Asobo/Microsoft - I fully understand - and you don’t buy 3rd party airports, airplanes and so on. I say Aerosoft and other 3rd party just want to have a working MSFS 2020 like you and me.

I have heard that MSFS 2020 bugs like “engine won’t start” affect even +40€ airplanes.

1 Like

This performance issue/bug should be treated the same as the recent Flap lift issue.
We should have the Hotfix ASAP.

3 Likes

I know that it can be very frustrating, but give the guys at Asobo some slack.
They are likely working hard to resolve this issue.

1 Like

nobody is hating on the devs. It’s not their fault. It’s the higher ups fault.

1 Like

I put my self on strike after the 12/22 update, waiting for the spikes and coastline bugs to be fixed.
I did wait a lot.
Do we have to do it again ?
Surely, and saddely for the one that can’t have anything but a slide show. I won’t do it again BUT:
Is it normal that each an every update brakes the sim in a way or another ?
Is it normal that that each update doesn’t seem to be tested ?
Is it normal that MS/Asobo keep silent all the time ?
It would have been sooo simple to clearly say : " You’re buying a “never seen before sim” (and that’s true) but it’s a pre release product, it won’t be smooth as butter all the time
I’m flying much less to be honest, just for testing at the end, that’s what we are here for anyway, but I’m flying this “never seen before sim” because I don’t want to loose it.

4 Likes

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but have you ever played a sim before?
if yes, congrats this is smooth sailing compared to the average simulator of this scope
if not, then welcome to the club, suffering is the name of the game

no, really, you need a big cup of patience for simulators. They’re broken 50% of the time. Not even kidding.
Just try to report all the bugs clearly and keep the pitchforks for when they CLEARLY ignore them - i.e. if by the next sim update they haven’t fixed this, I’ll be the first one to pick up my torch and pitchfork.

just had a spectacular landing in the rain with lightning and fog and as you can see, the Logical Processor utilization is more balanced. No stutters what so ever.

2 Likes

I’ve been on simulators for 24 years and what you write is not true! Never seen bugs like this on FS9, FSX, P3D! Let’s not joke!

5 Likes

Sorry but that says nothing about the bug. There are places that are not infected. Others are.

I tried SPHM - SLLP today - uunnnplaaaayyyaaabblleeeeeee.e…e…e…e.

Yesterday a few miles more east around andahuaylas nearly no problems, just one short episode.

Its lottery, sometimes you will win but almost you will loose.

Dear Asobo, please stop this torture :smiley crawling on my knees:

1 Like

If you think that was in any due to the purchases you just made in the Marketplace, please let me know.
:slightly_smiling_face:

If you check, I opened up this bug report. I know we have a problem! But the update I received today did make things a little smoother and the processor utilization more balanced.

Do we have a bug and a problem? Yes!!

and as it has been reported by many users, we are affected at different levels. We don’t all have the same terrible performance that some users report.

I too get bad performance at 76T.

I ve been in the sim world since year 2000 :slight_smile:
Microsoft combat flight, MSFS 2004, FSX, Prepare3D, and of course IL2 with Oleg Maddox ( I made two cokpits for them, the Me 262 and the Me 110).
And no, I didn’t experienced such a situation (big bug, big silence).

6 Likes

There is no silence guys. They aknowledged the issue already, and it’s in asap state on their todo list.
Of course they know about it, there is CM reading here + bug reports sent.

What’s scary is that they couldn’t roll back the update (or they’d have done it by now), and the issue seems big (or they’d have released a hotfix by now).

Yes, MS and Asobo sent me a special fix dues to my purchases :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Asap is like chewing gum. Can be tomorrow, next month or next year.

1 Like