Periodic black out with HP Reverb G2

Oh dear, then it sounds like an issue with the g2 itself rather than the usb.

Exact same thing here. Had it happen just once this evening just after exiting the runway after a 2 hr flight. Started in heavy rain and thunderstorms too … no problem there. This issue is not the same as the ‘volume’ issue; although it may also be power related in some way.

I will say a friend who has the G2 has none of these issues so it doesn’t effect everyone.

I had this issue on my G1 and was down to ultra settings and increased render scaling beyond 110. Try lowering your settings. Buildings and trees at high and grass and bushes at low.

I don’t have that motherboard but I now know for definite that the problem is linked in some way to the connection. I can tell immediately that I will have a problem because I can see some slight interference across the screen before the black screen effect kicks in. What I then do is just disconnect the power cable to the connection point of the hp reverb G2 and then, after a couple of seconds, reconnect it and it’s good to go. Clearly, this is not satisfactory and probably indicates a deeper problem but it gets me up and running. I haven’t been able to prove that the volume has an effect.
Because this has occurred on both my computers it points to an issue with the HP reverb. Hopefully a software one because I’d be fed up if I had to send it back in for repair.

If your disconnecting the cable at the headset make sure your unplugging power or you run the risk of shorting out the connection at the headset. That has happened to others.

Anyone having this issue with an x570 board, I’d encourage you to keep your eye out for a BIOS update on your motherboard. AMD just released new code that seems to help. Mine (x570 Taichi) was updated and as far as I can tell has addressed most if not all USB issues (for me.) I was getting intermittent drops, but also sometimes audio issues with one or both earphones. Since updating, I’ve flown without any occurrence of these issues.

Are you referring to AGESA 1.2.0.0? I am currently on 1.1.9.0 beta with my MSI x570 Tomahawk.

I thought the USB issue was from the chipset drivers rather than the AGESA, but given the AGESA updates are more frequent it seems it would be very welcome!

Read Q 3.10

I disconnect the power at the junction box - is that ok?

Thanks, but I’m not sure how 3.10 affects my problem, however, I found 2.25 interesting because that shows that there are issues around the usb connections. I don’t think my problem is with the headset but it’s to do with either the connection to the usb port and /or the sequencing of switching on everything.

That should be fine from what I here.

Thats imho not the point. G2 does’nt turn of or go to sleep, it just stop working for a second or so. fps drop to zero.

Then it come back and everything is fine.

Here allmost after landing when going from the runway to the taxi way, but also sometimes somewhere in the flight. Think issue is in the sim, not the hardware or driver.

2 Likes

The same here. In other games it doesn’t happen.

Nvidia drivers 457.30 + Aorus Master 3080 + i7 7700k + 32GB RAM 3200hz CL14

Same trouble here. Seems to be accompanied by the sound toggling from the headset back to the computer and then back again. Seems random and is very annoying. HP support was useless. So was Dell/Alienware.

I’ve noticed something very odd with this behavior.

For me, this ‘blackout pause’ seems to happen almost always after landing and just as I’m turning off the runway. Can’t imagine why that should be, but happened just like that on 4 of the last 5 flights but at no other time. Anyone got any suggestions on that?

Edit: Twice more this morning same thing. It does seem to follow the ‘exit runway’ request audio so it might be linked to the Reverb power issue … but then why only this ATC call…? Very strange.

I have this with my G1, usually 1-2 seconds.

Hadn’t read your post when I added my last one … observed exactly the same thing.

1 Like

Have you ever asked a businessman or shareholder for his opinion on support?
Sooner or later this word will be deleted from the dictionary.

I normally get those too, but haven’t been too bothered by them until now.

Today i tried to use a USB-C to USB-A adapter, and plug into another USB plug on my motherboard. Lo and behold, so far no blackouts!