Phenom 300E

It already did - at least twice. As an illegal conversion on flightsim.to. Was removed each time.

Mod edit: In order to allow this post to remain up, link to pirated item (even though target site removed it) was suppressed. Thanks.

1 Like

New update 2 :slight_smile: what it has brought or changed is unfortunately not clear to me. Map range can still not be changed from “5nm” and much more (or maybe someone has already found a button). :rofl:

As a lover of all bizjets this was something i purchased Sunday knowing i was probably going to disappointed, and that I was!! All the issues mentioned above are still present (5nm range on map, no ability to change any of the radios/transponder)

Has anyone figured out how to get the WT G3000 to work on it yet?

This thing is beautiful model but a disaster with Avionics, this makes Carenado products took top shelf!

1 Like

And again this bad product is associated with Carenado!? Why are you doing this???

Carenado may have long waiting times when publishing and updating, but they do a great job on every plane…

Can this please stop now… thank you

The Phenom 300E is from “Sim Federation”

8 Likes

Hi Folks,

Kind reminder, do not post links or discuss pirated items on this board. Let’s stick with legitimate freeware/payware (of which there are many). Thanks!

2 Likes

No one is trying to say this is a Carenado product. I have owned almost every single one of Carenado’s biz jets for P3D an Xplane so I’m very familiar with their product, I even assisted them with the Falcon 50 project. But their products leave a lot to be desired from a systems/avionics perspective if you know anything about the real avionics such as the Proline 21 or Honeywell Primus.

Sim Federations Phenom is garbage in its current state which is really ashamed cause its a beautiful model. Not worth what they are charging for it. Its pretty sad that they are using stock MSFS avionics and those don’t even work properly!! Hoping it gets improved over time because it could have a lot of potential with an accurate flight model and WT G3000.

Does anyone else have the issue where your flight plan from the world map is displayed on the G300, but not the lower PFD units? I also can’t even search for airports, etc.

Yeah ive been working on the Phenom 300E myself using the exact same 3D model they used. They obviously bought it from the same website I did. But they put no effort into changing it and making it better. So sad…I could have charged $25 off someone elses work too but thats just wrong and bad. I was going to change a lot of things, like the section around the windshield, the switches are wrong, make the textures way more realistic, redo the buttons and knobs, make everything work as it should, add some things to the exterior…but anyways hopefully they will update it?

3 Likes

Definitely overpriced given basic missing functionality in the cockpit (eg oxygen test - just lazy like others have said), multiple CTD’s for me (haven’t figured out what’s causing it), incompatibility with WT G3000 mod, zero documentation of any kind that I can find (that could at least include operating parameters), not the best looking interior, and CJ4 flight model (not that I would be able to tell the difference but again for the money it should be as per the modelled aircraft). All in all, dissatisfied and shouldn’t have to be. We are in year2 of FS2020 and expectations are much higher than this. I’ve come from Aerobask 300 on Plane 11 and there is a MASSIVE functionality and realism gap!!

1 Like

Aerobask. Now there’s a developer I’d love to see making aircraft for MSFS, but it looks like it’s never going to happen.

Oh well, i’ve been wrong before and I’d be really happy to be wrong on this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do they even have an email address? I could not find one. I have things to tell them and ask them too.

I bought a copy of this jet. I did so because it had the G3000 and I liked it size and range of the plane. But I find that it is far from being one ready for commercial use and sale. This is more the quality of a freebee. First, as far as 3D modelling and texture files I would have to say that is very well done. Internally as far as the panel seats, interior trim. That is all very well done. Externally again, very well You use an external camera and see the reflections of clouds, sunlight. Even the fuselage and windows off the wings and vise versa with wings being reflected in the fuselage.
Functionality there is a lot to be desired. There are a number of switches and buttons that do not work. That becomes very distracting as you are always trying to see what will work and what is labeled “inoperative”. Many buttons and functions of the G3000 display do not work. I saw where someone said they could not zoom in and out of the MFD map. That does seem to work now. On the autopilot there is no functioning VNAV. None of the buttons on the standby flight director and gyro work. I do not see a display of heading and speed on it either. You cannot get rid of the map inset on the PFD. Just zoom in and out of the map is all. None of the environmental buttons and dials work. The wipers do not work. There is no switch for the beacon light. There is a Taxi/Landing Light switch But neither really work. Externally looking at the lights you can see that they come on. But nothing is illuminated. Starting the engines is surreal. You have to turn on the ignition switch for the engine you are starting. Flip the left engine start knob it starts to spool up but that is all. You then have to switch the right engine start knob to start for fuel to be injected and ignited. It seems to start the right engine you have to do this all again with the #2 ignitor on. However if you flip the #1 and #2 ignitors on and then flip the left start to Start. Then both engines will start spooling up together. To ignite them you have to switch on the right start switch. The alert sounds sometimes mess up. On my first flight with it I was getting a fast repeating bell when I was at altitude. Nowhere were there any indication of what was the alert for. I looked and looked. Finally I switched to external view to see if I could see if the landing gear was down of flaps extended. It was then when outside of the aircraft could I hear barely over the roar of the engines a deep male voice saying “Overspeed… Overspeed”. Also there is nor Master Alert or Warning button and with resets.
In my view this is definitely an aircraft NOT ready for sale to the public. Just way too much seems to not work. Also I cannot find any contacts for Sim Federation that produced this to ask about any of this. If I had it to do again I would not have purchased this jet. I just wish that Microsoft had higher quality control on what they allow to be sold on their marketplace.

4 Likes

Since you’ve commented on the high quality of the modeling, I’ll fill you in on the secret of how these low quality developers do things. They buy the model online, throw in some default avionics, and make a ton of money. This one didn’t even change the livery that came with the model. 10-15 copies sold is all it took to cover the cost of the model.

4 Likes

Buying the model from some source is totally legit, it’s also something Iris simulations does (a reason they skipped the C-17 for now as the same model was bought for the freeware version).

However what’s not okay to me is to just use the flight dynamics, systems and sounds from default aircraft straight away, do no optimization to the model and ask to get 30+ bucks for this which basically is half the price of MSFS standard edition again.

Developers like Iris at least take care of the systems, optimizations on the modelas well as custom textures and sounds so the price they ask for fits the effort.

Right, I didn’t mean to attack the business strategy per se, it’s more of the amount of effort put into it VS the amount charged for the product. When you buy a model, slap on default avionics, default sounds, etc. and sale it for almost $30…I have opinions. I take no issue with the business strategy; I just don’t like seeing cash grabs.

The BT Studio C90 is one that really made me angry. A nice model, but with a non-functioning WT CJ4 flightdeck. I’m on the wrong topic to complain about that though.

1 Like