Phenom 300E

I already have the mod but it doesn’t work for me. When I load the plane the lower garmin units will show up but it’s not possible to put in a flightplan or the one from the internal flightplan won’t show up

Hmmm. So it seems like is a dud then? I’m sorry to hear that.

Looks good inside and outside but using the CJ4 flight model? Big turn off. Gonna just wait for the Honda jet instead.

1 Like

I am already curious what “SimMarket” or “Sim Federation” will say in reply to my e-mails. Probably nothing… :wink: - I would be surprised if something comes back

1 Like

What did you ask or say to them? I just wrote them to ask if the WT G3000 mod works with the aircraft. If it does I will probably buy it.

What do you mean that you couldn’t enter a squawk code? Or that the engines don’t turn on and off? I’m trying to understand the issues.

Danke!

I got a reply from the developer that the WT G3000 mod DOES work. Which has me leaning towards buying this.

You can enter the squark code, but you cannot activate it with Enter - only 7000 is always displayed and of course the air traffic control then constantly sends a message. The code is only accepted via the AI but is still not displayed correctly…
The rotary control for switching off the engines only works in the direction of “Start”, i.e. after parking you cannot set “Stop” etc. etc…
By the way - if you set the weight distribution correctly, the aircraft only stands on its rear legs :slight_smile: and you look up at the sky :slight_smile: and much more…

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

I’ll give them kudos for calling out that it uses the stock G3000 and CJ4 flight model. Now it’s an informed choice, depending on what you’re looking for in a plane. If you really want to experience the performance and handling (within sim limits) of a real Phenom, this isn’t the plane for you. If you’re more interested in visuals and the roleplay aspects, it might be fine.

In my case, I at least want to know the creator made some effort to recreate the experience of flying the real plane. Given the description here, I might as well just fly the CJ4 and imagine it’s an Embraer. :slight_smile:

Hopefully they’ll fix the broken system reports. I’ve had good luck sending polite emails to developers flagging issues and seeing some of those addressed. And it’s 1000% as effective as posting about them here. (Of course, reports here are useful for people considering the plane, but please contact the dev too!)

1 Like

Not really. The WT G3000 is an entirely different world than the ProLine in the CJ4. Performance of the two planes is within a few percentage points of one another across the board. It’s more than just a different outfit. The avionics difference is huge; the WT G3000 is awesome. I fly it all the time in the TBM, so this will be just plug and play for me.

Which is my point – it’s close enough for you, and has what you’re looking for! :slight_smile: And that’s totally cool.

1 Like

The question I’m asking myself is: why would anyone spend over 30,- € for an Asobo CJ4 (he already owns) but which looks like a Phenom 300?

5 Likes

Because it has an entirely different avionics suite which is much more to my liking.

2 Likes

Carenado produced both EMB505(300) and E50P(100) Phenom.
Kudos to whoever converted the prior sim Phenom 100 MDL model. Only thing it’s missing are certain button/switch functionalities , door animations and exterior landing/taxi lights.

there was an update - let’s see what might work better now :slight_smile:

There is actually much more functionality then I expected (even before the update), but still cant dim the avionics which makes night flying very difficult… Wish they would work out this kind of stuff first.

Would be my recommendation :wink:

1 Like

For €30+ the minimum should be full functionality on all basic systems that I would expect from a Carenado plane.

3 Likes

Did I miss something or oversleep? What does the Phenom300E miscarriage have to do with Carenado?
By the way, yesterday’s update to Simmarket did exactly nothing :wink: - still money down the drain!!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nothing. It was just a comparison of value since Carenado normally price their planes between 25,- and 30,- and offer fairly good working cockpits with decent functionality, which the Phenom seems to lack while costing more.

2 Likes

Well, the Carenado topic IS a thing. They promised to bring all their products into MSFS (with time and in undetermined order)… That means their Phenom is going to end up in MSFS and I am willing to bet, it will be the better implementation. That’s the one I will buy.

2 Likes