Photogrammetry of New York City

Is this what photogrammetry of NY city is supposed to look like?

London looks fine

You can’t make direct comparisons between cities. The photogrammetry data was likely not collected at similar times and as such London data could be higher quality than NYC data until another pass is done for NYC with better tech. Just like how satellite ground textures gradually improved in replacing generic landclass textures, photogrammetry will gradually evolve to better replace generic building models but it will take time

1 Like

Hi! If you can´t wait for the photogrammetry to update as weeks pass, try buying SamScene NYC … it is stunning.

3 Likes

Your London screenshot looks better because all the taller buildings in it are handcrafted and not photogrammetry. As has been said, the quality between the PG-cities varies greatly, but in your case that‘s not the reason. In fact, NY has better photogrammetry than London overall.

4 Likes

I agree, the SamScene addon improves it a lot.

2 Likes

I wonder the same yesterday. Doesnt warrant the low FPS😅

1 Like

Thanks for all the good information. I am going to give Samscene NYC a try. I don’t fly NYC that much but it is perfect for showing other people the capabilities of the sim when they are interested.

I find London very low res compared to Manhattan and especially other US cities.its still great though!

This addon is great with it, it has a separate configuration to work with the SamScene NY. It adds all the missing bridges around NYC

simMarket: RKBRIDGER - ALL 29 NEW YORK BRIDGES MSFS

If I purchase a city like the Seattle package should I turn PG off? or leave it on? Should the city purchase be replacing PG or does it work with it?

Leave PG on. SamScene might need an update to work with SU6, as the FPS is not great right now. It was better before. I don’t know what is going on.

If everything was running smoothly would you want PG off? I guess what I’m trying to figure out is does the scenery work with PG or should the scenery replace PG and PG should be off to get the most out of the add-on?

for my part, this looks real enough…of course, if you do Helicopter flying, or redbull race between the skyscrapers, i can conceive it might be disapointing

1 Like

I fly an ultralight through New York and it looks terrible.

1 Like

I tried this, and my FPS tanked to single figures when flying around these bridges… Not worth the money :frowning:

1 Like

You should see Philly :rofl:

1 Like

The default with just the bridges added works pretty well.

How does NYC look with same type of sky cover? Your NYC has a heavy cloud cover; London is sunny.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.