Photographic Scenery

I have the newest update installed and all seems fine. I have a pretty powerful machine and lots of hard drive available. The problem is the bandwidth that i have available from my service provider. When i try to load Photographic scenery it comes up i don’t have enough bandwidth available and revert back to having it off. Is there a way around this. I’ve tried different bigger airports in the US and have flew around them in high to ultra settings and I have pretty good frame rates and seems good. Missing out on the photographic stuff. I know there are files and programs to do my own Google or whatever the other one is but they seem pretty difficult to get working or maybe i need to spend more time with one of them. The reason for all of this is because i live in Alberta Canada and near the city of Edmonton. I fly mostly around these areas, south and to the west as its local. What i get out of the sim is crude buildings that’s supposed to represent the city. Not good at all. and really it doesn’t even look the same. I know there’s not a lot of photographic scenery available for any cities up in Canada. Even Toronto looks bad. I used to live there. Would really like to at least fly in an area that looks familiar. Are these Google earth photo’s and sorry forgot the other that guys are using very difficult to build and install. Which would be better.

Edmonton is a Photogrammetry city, so it sounds like PG and/or Bing Maps isn’t streaming for you if you’re getting the “Your bandwidth is too low…” error.

What is your bandwidth just out of curiosity, at least what the ISP claims you’re getting? Have you tried rebooting your PC to refresh the connection to your ISP? Sometimes this is a cheap trick that works.

An alternative would have been to cache the Alberta area locally to your PC, but this feature is currently broken.

There are no free or commercial enhancements to scenery in the Alberta region or Edmonton in particular that I can locate.

I thought Edmonton was a photographic city as i remember. I did setup a huge cache file (500 Gig) as i have the space and also did do a cache file covering this whole area. Turned off the online cache and ran the sim. It was worse than online whatever it would give me. Edmonton was really bad. I’ll get in touch with my provider to see what the bandwidth is. But on the other side why wouldnt my cache file work.

On another note is there a way a guy can download the photographic scenery for a city and then go off line and use your computing power to to fly that area. with my low bandwidth im unable to fly any of them thats available.