Pilatus Porter: Swiss Army Knife of the Skies

They all do. This has been in the bug list for some time.

3 Likes

The misleadingly named ‘Toggle propeller reverse thrust’ is the key command to take the propeller into feather- hope this helps.

In other words, it’s a “on/off” thing

1 Like

Just wanted to drop a quick comment to say the Porter has been my favourite to fly since release. MSFS taildragger issues aside you guys have done a great job.

Really satisfying startup, lovely flight model, great tablet options with visual cargo and she looks amazing. Between this and the DC-6 my few hours of sim time a week are a joy. I’ve taken to using the Porter to explore places I wouldn’t normally go to in the sim.

Looking forward to your future releases! Its refreshing to have an addon work from day one and be sure its putting you guys near the top of the very small ‘actually working release’ list.

3 Likes

Yeah, i tried that, didnt work tho
 Ill have another look at it tonight.

I dont have many taildraggers, in fact, only the JU52 and the PC6.
But yes, i heard that they are not working too well in MSFS, but i havent tought that it is so bad. But obvioulsly it seems to be really bad
 :laughing: unfortunately

The JU isnt that extreme tho, but that might depend on other factors aswell as it is a different type of aircraft, so i dont expect them to handle the same way at all.

If theres improvements that can be done, from the devs, i gladly take it.
Because, really, the PC6 is an absolute joy otherwise, one of the best planes already in the sim IMHO. The sounds, the model, the gimmicks, its just super cool!

I’ve got the Carenado Waco, Flying Iron Spitfire, Asobo JU52, and Aeroplane Heaven Electra so quite a variety of power to weight ratio taildraggers. In my experience the Porter has the best ground handling of the lot, apart from the Electra although I don’t think the flight model is particularly accurate there.

Unfortunately it is not a linear scale to make comparison with everyone having different hardware, sensitivity settings and piloting experience. Just my 2 cents anyway. Great YouTube channel by the way @HXArdito, I just came across it today and have subscribed :+1:

1 Like

Haha, thank you, the channel is a bit sleepy tho, i dont find enough time to invest to it, but i really plan to show the PC6 at stage 2. :slight_smile:

Yeah, i absolutely understand that hardware differs, and some peoples are even using controllers or “twitchy” joystickt that have an overly short and sensitive rudder axis, for sure not easy for the devs, paired with the sub-par Taildragger simulation in MSFS, its maybe the best that they could do.

1 Like

The 1.05 version has removed the Windows Service part of the DRM. I don’t think it’s fully ‘live’ yet but you can download a 1.05 installer from their support forum.

It needs to be clear that there is still DRM on the product. Just the service part was removed.

Cheers for the clarification. Edited my posted to reflect that. Also thanks for removing the windows service!

Hi, could you clarify? So no windows service running anymore?

I promised a direct buy if that was the case, and I want to keep my promise :wink:.

2 Likes

Did you download this 1.05 installer? If I understand it correctly, the normal installer will still install the windows service for DRM.

I purchased yesterday, but went straight to the PC6 support forum and downloaded the 1.05 installer (NOT the one from the store, which still showed as 1.03).

If you bought it direct, it still has the WASM DRM service.

The other DRM is serialization and has no effect on systems or their resources.

1 Like

You have to register for their support forums by emailing them and providing your purchase details and then you can access the forum and the downloader is listed in the Porter forum section. Or just wait a few days until they properly release the update to everyone.

Go to the support forums.

Works flawlessly on my side. But i ise Spad.Next for the saitek panels. You should really get that, the default drivers barely work with more complex addons.

I have AAO and Spad, but feel happier somehow with the Lorby solution, which seems bulletproof for anything Logitech and much, much else too. A very good buy in its own right and not expensive either.

1 Like

The Porter FINALLY got its own section on flightsim.to, now its easier to find liveries:

1 Like