Pilatus Porter: Swiss Army Knife of the Skies

Kept my promise. DRM windows server is gone. Purchase is in. Something to look forward to this evening!

3 Likes

Remember when I said this is probably in Top 3 GA? :wink:

1 Like

It’s number 1 in my books :wink:

1 Like

I dont remember, but it definitely is. :slight_smile: At stage 2 it will be fighting for #1 with the Kodiak,i guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hell, i will finally start my little virtual cargo company in AirHauler or OnAir as soon as both are out and Stage 2.

1 Like

Just buy this. ITS AWESOME!

1 Like

Or join FSEconomy, great fun!

If nothing goes wrong, i would ASSUME it could be any day now.
@zkdos propably knows more, but i guess he will not talk… :sweat_smile::wink:

1 Like

SWS stated they are patiently waiting for SU6 prior to releasing the Kodiak. Sounds like they want to iron out any SU6 issues that may arise and then release after that. Won’t be long then.

2 Likes

Oooh, i missed that. Sad to hear, but yeah, better than a release that might get buggy in a few weeks.

My heart wants to get the Kodiak but my brain says I already have a single-engine turboprop with the G1000 setup (Grand Caravan). How different is the experience going to be?

Well, the Kodiak seems to be well made, with lots of different variants and features as cargo/pax versions, loading stuff in the back, etc. Also i expect it that almost every switch will work and the PT6 engine is well simulated.

The default Caravan is just that, default. It will, propably, be a totally different level of simulation.
He stated that the Kodiak matches the POH performance already very exact, but he is tuning the engine simulation further.

1 Like

This aircraft is a real artwork, very nice addition to the sim. Beautifully made, working nicely. And it includes a proper manual as you might expect (ahum developers of the Ju52… :wink: )

Thanks Milviz. I know I have been quite annoying about the …, but that is past us. Very happy with it!

To everyone still doubting: just BUY it. You won’t be disappointed!

3 Likes

It really is. I was first a bit uncertain about MilViz`MSFS approach with about 10 (exaggerated, i have not counted them) projects working on the same time. Also i first said i wont buy the PC6 because i didnt like the “Stage 1” and “Stage 2” release-strategy. But then i gave in, i needed something new as the JU was a bit disappointing.

Im really amazed by the PC6! It has character and even if i have never flown one, it seems it simulates the bits of the airplane that are special about it very well. I can not really say what it is, i guess its the whole package, that make this product very unique and lively. The features it has add some depth, the sounds are well done. Its just a great package.

Cant wait for Stage 2 to make it even better! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She looks so good in this Red Bull livery. Made by kcgb over at flightsim.to

2 Likes

Yeah i :eyes: that too today, first thing im gonna install this evening and fly out of Salzburg!

Thank you for removing the service. Which version is the first without it? 1.05? Just bought it on milviz.com.

Yes. You can get it on the support forums.

We will be releasing the update today or tmrw to all customers. Please check your spam mail should you not have it in the next couple of days.

2 Likes

Awesome, just messaged my pop to Oisin. Thanks again for making this move. This makes me a very happy camper!

@Krazycolin

What can we do to help you guys against piracy? I don’t want you to get discouraged from further MSFS product development seeing how even with this service SOMEHOW those looters were able to pirate the product. Hypothetically speaking - WHAT IF there was a developer that offered OTHER (as in multiple, basically all the people that develop aircraft for MSFS) a service to run DRM as a universal solution (maybe even something a la WASM Helper)… This would ensure ALL aircraft from as many developers as possible are relying on this to help protect their investment and work. Would you contemplate it?

What about users? Would YOU ladies and gents be fine with a Universal MSFS aircraft DRM? Something that keeps the investment of all the developers on MSFS protected and keeps them invested in developing for this platform? Is this something you’d support?

2 Likes

Why not, if it is securely managed and not intrusive, I’d be all for it. We probably should create a separate topic on this though, not to get this thread locked for being OT.

2 Likes