Pilot voice keeps changing between male and female

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

My pilot voice keeps changing between make and female, I am not changing the pilot avatar.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

no

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

no

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

no

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

after SU9

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

ob

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

ob

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

ob

ob
Yes
ob
Voices change from male to female randomly

ob

fixed it now by changing the co pilot and instructor avatar.

This also happens to me on all platforms, it happens on pc, series X, and cloud and is frustrating enough that I’ve stopped spending on any content and am close to moving on to X-Plane at this point.

Mine are wrong as well and sometimes they switch in flight. Pilot and Copilot are female avatars, tried switching to others (then doing some ATC comms) and back, no luck. Seen in SU10 and 11, but I more or less took a break after SU5 where it still was fine. On both Azure and local. PC.

The problem has come back again, this time changing the pilot avatars has no effect.

I have same issue, but i cant control steps. My pilot avatar is male, but sometimes it switches to female voice.

No extra information

Same stuff

Some one reported to zendesk?

It seems to have resolved itself, for now at least!

Well, I went in an manually changed all the aircraft.cfg files. Today I completed a flight, exited to the main menu, started a new flight in the same aircraft with the same livery (didn’t change anything in the menu) and the pilot voice changed genders. The aircraft.cfg is male (pilot and copilot), the avatars are male (pilot and copilot) and still got a female voice. It seems that I have to change the avatars in the flight to get the voices to match the visuals.

yes

This shouldn’t be that hard. Fix this glaring issue. Gender equality doesn’t mean I have to pretend I’m a girl half the time. The avatars should have the voice that matches the very obvious gender of the avatar!

there are no screen shots because even when we pick a MALE avatar, we get a female voice more than half the time.

Still no fixes?

Nope, its intermittent but shouldn’t happen at all don’t think Asobo or Microsoft care to much about it.

Yeah, still happening.

Changed .cfg file to all male, but when I let the co-pilot handle the comms it switches to female sometimes…seems random.

Such a basic thing for such a ‘sophisticated’ sim and they can’t (won’t) fix it?

Personally I don’t even think they listen to the community, all the updates we have had and the things I see they have added or supposedly fixed are not what i am seeing people asking for, really important things like getting the ATC to work properly, stupid things like the ATC telling me to climb to 20;000ft when I am doing a IFR flight and about 10 miles from arrival airport and have just been given instructions to begin my decent, and I am in an aircraft which cant even fly at 20,000ft! or assigning the wrong runway based on the wind conditions.

2 Likes

Still having the same issue. Sort it out Asobo/Microsoft.

Same here, even with MALE avatars… It’s surely a simple fix…

I’m glad I found this post because I thought I was imagining things. I’ve experienced the same thing. Even though I haven’t changed anything, its hit or miss who’s voice you will get. And as JayviatorX discussed about the ATC issue, same thing just happened to me again. I’m 5 miles out on an ILS approach and told to go to 7,000ft and a heading taking me away from the runway. Now I’m trying to figure out why my T-37 disappeared. Not in my hanger.

Why in heavens name doesnt this get fixed?? it is still happening !

Yeah, I am having the same issue on my Xbox X and I am on beta SU15…