Pimax anomaly ( SU11)

Same issue here … Is this similar to what everyone is seeing ? Imgur: The magic of the Internet

1 Like

You shouldnt need it for msfs. Its open xr native?

I made it vanilla.
And I also tried VR using the following, which bypassed STEAMVR.

The situation has not changed at all.
I think there is no doubt that the cause is a bug in SU10.
It seems that some people are working well, but I guess that it is probably limiting the field of view of PIMAX.
(Or the 3090 doesn’t trigger any of the new built-in support functions this time, so the bug doesn’t occur?)
Unless a workaround is released quickly, PIMAX users won’t be able to play properly.

How I understood it, Pimax XR and Open Composite are components that are supposed to work together: Open Composite as a OpenXR Runtime as SteamVR Replacement, and Pimax XR as a kind of “translator” between OpenXR and the Pimax Headset, wich is an OpenVR Headset as far as I know.

If I understand you correctly, you just have Pimax XR installed and not Open Composite?
I will try removing Open Composite and just use Pimax XR too and see if it makes any difference.

For me the flickering can be controlled by adjusting the antialising settings in conjunction with the object detail sliders… If I use TAA antialising and lower the rendering it made a difference… it also definitely seems to get worse closer to the ground… I’m also running a 3090 card. And in the end, the better I see graphical quality … The worse flickering gets.

I had the same issue as well.
I improved it by activating DLSS and lowering the cloud quality.
Name plate slightly flickers, but is playable.

Yeah this is because most other games dont speak ppenxr natively, so openxr passes the calls in other games to a opencomposite orst. Unnecessary with MSFS.

This is the current situation.
The situation disappeared when I lowered the rendering resolution to the limit.
However, it was too dot world like the world of Minecraft, so it was totally unacceptable.
So, I increased the set value a little to about 60, but it still looks like it has degraded about 10 years compared to before SU10.
And I was hit by this screen before takeoff.
No matter what I do on the user side, it doesn’t improve.
Other games are working, and I was able to fly comfortably before SU10.
A fix update is required.
スクリーンショット (454)
スクリーンショット (455)
スクリーンショット (456)

So an update on my situation is I have noticed that if I change field of view from large to normal in PiTool… The problem goes away completely the minute I go back to large field of view it’s a mess

Yeah but I guess the question is… who going to fix it? I don’t know for sure but my guess is pimax users are a small minority of VR users… I’m not even sure if a Osobo or whoever even acknowledges that they support pimax… I guess there could possibly be a fix implemented through open XR… Not sure about steam… Situation is very frustrating.

It is clear that SU10 has serious bugs.
I tested again today and it’s still the same.
Even if I try the method that someone solved, nothing will change. This is because no fundamental measures have been taken.
It’s been half a month already, but there is no resolution, or even an announcement of a schedule.
Are they waiting for us to give up?
It’s extremely dishonest.

4090 on order… So we shall see if the issue persists on the newest generation of graphics cards.

It’s really bad news
I installed the latest beta today, 1.29.25.0, and it hasn’t improved at all.
You can’t release it like this, can you?
what have they been doing all month?
No, since there was already a problem in the previous beta, it’s longer.
I would love to hear your reports.

Hi, the same issue here. I thought I was the only one with this flickering mess. Pimax 8kx, i9900k and a 3080FE. Before the big update everthing works fine winth 30FPS, now i need 45FPS to reduce the flickering…not possible with my hardware.

1 Like

There is a link at the end, please report from there.
I feel the same tendency.
However, at around 45fps, if you turn around or make a quick turn with a helicopter or a fighter jet, flicking may occur.
In any case, there are reports that this bug is unavoidable even on the 3090, so we have been forced to endure unrealistically low image quality or flicks that are incomparable to before SU10.
And this will be the same even if you buy a very expensive modern GPU.
It is not known at all how long the current situation of being a flight simulator made up of programs that do not allow PIMAX and GPU to demonstrate their true capabilities will continue, or if this will be the case forever.
Some say it’s simply a fixable bug, but it’s been a long time since the su10 beta, and we’ve had no answers to the few reports we have.
You can report a report by signing in here.
They don’t think it’s worth at least a month to answer serious reports from minorities, so please report the unplayable situation.
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

The problem is TAA in MSFS VR graphic options. The solution is to change Anti-aliasing in MSFS VR graphic options to Nvidia DLSS quality, performance or ultra performance. Ultra performance may have a slight lag in the roll axis.

@MasterCptn … All of that has been covered in this thread… It’s not a solution… And at least for me it’s only offered a small improvement… But to be honest I haven’t tried VR in MSFS for over 2 months so for all I know sim update 11 has fixed it

1 Like

Thank you.
Are you saying that DLSS is the only solution?
Does it mean that models that worked before SU10, such as GTX and Radeon other than RTX, no longer work properly after that?
Also, it seems that there are many people who say that 3090 and 4090 do not improve, so I will ask questions elsewhere.
I have tried many times before, but I will try something other than TAA for the time being.
But anyway, if my assumption above is correct, this is not the solution.

I just did a test.
Again, the SU11 doesn’t bring any improvement.
DLSS, FXAA, ALL OFF
I lowered the low end and render scale to 70, but the flickering persisted.
70 is a setting value that causes pain because the brain thinks that something is wrong with the eyes.
In other words, even minimal image quality remains deprived of a way to function properly.

Before SU10, I used custom image quality, set most items higher than middle, and was comfortable with TAA and a rendering scale of 100.

Unfortunately the SU11 didn’t bring any improvement.