Pimax users: OpenXR is here! (unofficially)

Sorry to hear that, but please take your frustration elsewhere than this topic. This thread is about an extremely experimental piece of software developed for free on my personal time. I friendly suggest that you go back to SteamVR until this project matures and save yourself some frustrations.

2 Likes

I think it’s a placebo effect. The only changes between 0.1.1 and 0.1.2 are:

• more tracing for me to debug issues (code is not executed unless you enabled debug traces)
  • remove an error check that cause ACC to crash (code is not executed in MSFS at all)

Hi,
Thanks again for all your effort!
After further testing I have to agree. It is the same in either version.
Waiting for further updates. Is there anything you can do about the artifacts on the sides?

I have tried it with DCS and I get more performance although I am not able to use openxr toolkit. If I press ctrl+f2 it doesn’t appear. I had 1.1.3 installed. I also tried with 1.1.0 but it doesn’t work too.
Can I try anything else? Great work!!

That’s terrible. Do you have problems with other games?

Try again but uninstall 1.1.3 first, then reinstall 1.1.0. I can tell you after extensive testing into many scenes that I get ~5-10% better performance and still can use OpenXR in all it’s 1.1.0 functionality including the FFR, NIS, and FSR; perhaps try safe mode (of OXT) for your first retry, . I had been using fholgers mod and, while I want to credit and thank fholger; OpenXR Toolkit truly perfected the art. No small feat!

Thanks for trying to help. I had unistalled 1.1.3 because it didn’t allow to install previous ones without doing it.
In msfs I can see the openxr toolkit menu after pressing ctrl+f2 but in DCS only changes the view but the menu doesn’t appear.
Has anyone else got this issue?

Ah! try enabling safe mode in OXT. Last time I had that symptom (including it working in MSFS) it was that the menu was simply WAY off screen. Running safe mode allowed me to reset values and get my menu in DCS.

New versions:

NOTE for OpenComposite users: some users are reporting major issues with OpenComposite in 0.1.4. However Flight Simulator 2020 is unaffected. Working on a solution now.

UPDATE: Have a fix for this issue on Discord. Will release a new version in a few hours

Official PimaxXR 0.1.6 update that fixes the issues with OpenComposite: Releases · mbucchia/Pimax-OpenXR · GitHub

IMPORTANT: In order to use OpenXR Toolkit with OpenComposite, you must use the newer OpenComposite DLL from the official OpenComposite GitLab (make sure the URL ends with -/tree/openxr). Do not use the old OpenComposite-ACC as instructed on a few videos and/or forums, it will not work. That version is over a month old and is no longer maintained by the developer.

Files · openxr · Campbell Suter (ZNix) / OpenComposite · GitLab

1 Like

I did the X update and it download fine installed all the way to 99% and CTD. And now it CTD while loading at about 75%. I tried safe mode too and A repair but Now I have to reset.
The only thing i had running while it was installing the update, was Pimax openxr, and Pitool not saying this was the cause but I thought i would put it out there in case someone else has the same thing as me. I have never had a CTD with MSFS.
Edit…
Culprit was Open XR.
I uninstalled Pimax- open XR and Open XR1.4 . MSFS back to normal. have not reinstalled open xr yet…

Thank you very much :slight_smile: Just one question: hast anyone an Idea or a link to an Installation Guide? I dont get it :wink: Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
Andy

Can you capture a trace from the control center app and send it to me?

1. Download installer file from the release page
  2. Double-click downloaded file

That’s about it :slight_smile:

maybe a dumb question but where do I find it?

It’s explained here: Capturing debug traces · mbucchia/Pimax-OpenXR Wiki (github.com)

I don’t really understand what the “X update” is?

Thank you very much! Yey did it, do i need something else? Openxr Toolkit fir example? :slight_smile:

You should really just do one thing at a time if you are starting. Otherwise you make too many changes to your system and something stops working, it will be impossible for you to know what caused it…

Ahh this one is a standalone… Nice, thought it needs Openxr Toolkit! :slight_smile: