Pink / purple textures on aircraft

No, not on my system.

I just remembered that I uninstalled several of the default big jets because I normally don’t fly them. That might have been the reason for my purple jets. This condition should not cause the purple textures, because if the right aircraft does not exist for AI or multiplayer, another existing aircraft should be used.

OTOH some of the internal textures for jets I do have installed are still missing. I’ll see if that gets cleared up after I finish installing the big jets.

Reinstalling the big jets fixed the issue with external textures but not the internal textures on the Cessna Longitude. For that, I had to remove and reinstall the Deluxe package before those textures appeared correctly.

1 Like

Hi
I’m not on steam.I don’t have any add-on in my community folder.I have not made any change in FS . Have installed new update 1.21.13.0 .Noticed my problem to MSFS forum and as response : Solved .But I have still pink airplanes at the airports i.e
JFK-ORL-ELLX-FRa and so on.
This now for a couple of month.
This must be an Asobo issue.
What else could I do.
JohnB

1 Like

I’m not sure why this happens. I’ve had some luck by deleting some of the Asobo-aircraft-generic* folders under the …\Packages\Official\OneStore folder. This will force MSFS to recreate those folders when it next starts. However, when I compared the folders with what had been in them before, I could detect no differences, so I’m unsure what restoring those folders did to the simulator.

This was on a Microsoft Store install. I don’t know if the same folder structure is on the Steam version. If you can find those generic aircraft folders, though, you might try renaming them to hide them from MSFS and let MSFS recreate them. Add “_deleted.0” to the end of the folder name. Then restart MSFS.

2 Likes

Hi
I followed your advice.Found the new and also older files in the generic aircraft folder.Deleted them,started MSFS 2020 ,the older files were replaced and the pink planes disappeared completely.

Thanks a lot
JohnB

2 Likes

3 Likes

Are you using Bijan mesh?

I think this is normal, I see it in real life too as per this pic :slight_smile:

It’s not a different texture or wrong texture, these silly pink squares look like no texture… 3d surfaces without any texture. On a PC, consider switch back to DX-11. The texture file seems to be incompatible, or missing. In Content Manager, make sure you check updates for MSFS (standard, premium, etc) and for the aircraft… or when it is scenery: the world update these textures are expected. If nothing works, try antzdeman advice above. Maybe the files are misplaced, the fallback options provide MSFS with alternative directory names for texture files.

Normally, delete the aircraft mod in community or content manager, then reinstalled it. Most of the problems will be solved.

Hey Everyone! I just bought the Deluxe Version of MSFS and I can’t seem to get rid of the Pink on the Boeing 787. I am using the Xbox Series X. Thanks!

how do we fix this issue on Xbox Series X?!

does anyone know how to fix this?

2 Likes

Did you ever figure this out? I get one aircraft (parked on tarmac) that is purple / pink when I’m running FlyByWire injector.