Piper PA-32

Hi guys, I’m new to the forum. I’m finally getting back into flying and simming after a four year hiatus. I just finished my custom built PC and have been playing around with MSFS. The graphics are awesome but I’m stilll working out some bugs.
My question is are there any companies who have developed an add on Piper Cherokee 6/Saratoga/Lance?
I have Carenado’s Saratoga for FSX that was my favorite to fly. I would love a PA32 for MSFS.

3 Likes

not that I have seen - neither free ware or for money…not yet anyway

Thanks for the reply. I got excited when I saw your pic. I thought you had good news for me. :smiley:

1 Like

I think the closest I’ve seen, and it’s not out yet, is the A2A Piper Comanche 250. Should be amazing when it does release, but A2A (wisely) won’t commit to a release date.

2 Likes

The closest at present, at least in terms of cockpit and general flight characteristics, is probably Just Flight’s PA 28’s .

They have an Arrow, Turbo Arrow III, Turbo Arrow IV and a Warrior II.

3 Likes

JF are working on ( porting ) an Archer II as well. ( And the Tomahawk, but that’s a different beast ). There’s a PA-24-250 on the way also ( A2A was it? ).

1 Like

I wonder what the sales numbers look like for the JF arrow series?

Yeah. I had A2A’s Archer for FSX and was pleased. I love flying single engine six seaters with a slight preference towards the PA32 compared to the Bonanza. Guess I’ll have to wait.

I’d love to see a good Saratoga in the sim too. My dad owned one in the early 80’s, fixed gear with the club seating. It was just a fantastic all-around airplane.

It’s definitely an awesome family plane. Six seats with the true capability of carrying 6 adults + a good amount of fuel and bags.
Most of my hours are in the Cirrus SR20/22. I now have a family of five and will hopefully have access to a PA32 as owner or club member in the near future.

The A2A Comanche will most likely be a worthy substitute for the Saratoga. Also I think overall the PA-24 is the better plane anyway. After all the Saratoga is basically a stretched Arrow with a bigger engine. The Comanche is faster, more economical, has a better climb rate and far more range, a wider cabin (though shorter with only 4 seats which in a simulator matters less than IRL) and even looks better. And from A2A (who model it after their own Comanche) I expect it to be brilliant. :crossed_fingers:

https://msfsaddons.com/?s=A2A

Just Flight have an excellent PA-28 Arrow and Turbo Arrow. They also have the Warrior II. Would recommend these over the Carenado planes. They have Arrow, Seneca and Seminole which are ok and not too pricey.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks. I’ll look into these planes.

The other plane you should look at is the Bonanza G36 Improvement Project Mod. This plane is a direct competitor of the Saratoga and is very nice if you like the Garmin G1000 glass cockpit.

2 Likes

CFI friend has … a lot of PA-28 hours & about 50 in a Comanche, & absolutely swears by the PA-24, considers it a far better aircraft all round. I’m quite looking forward to this one, which is a surprise for someone who’s not a great GA fan & prefers GA twins anyway…

The 310R ( and the modded DA62 ) is probably the current GA king. The JF PA-28s are really good but they’re waiting on the sim to settle down to tweak them, and well, they’re PA-28s…

2 Likes

There’s also a turbo mod for the G36 which gives it that extra oomph.

Seating capacity, fuel efficiency and maintenance costs are really only relevant in MSFS if you are using a virtual economy to run your own aviation company or airline.

In MSFS we are the equivalent of billionaires who, if we choose, can fly a very pretty, very high performance, but high maintenance and expensive to run money hog like a 6 seat 250 kt cruise Aerostar 700 with none of the real world issues like parts shortages, long downtimes and an empty bank account.

I’ve been flying both Carenado’s Bonanza and Saratoga for years on FSX and love both for different reasons. Bonanza is slightly faster and has more, so to speak, sleek flying characteristics. The Saratoga has a more subtle feel to its flight characteristics.
I’ve only been flying MSFS 2020 for two weeks now and whoa!!! what a difference from FSX. Graphics and flight characteristics are off the chain. There’s a huge difference between the way Carenado’s Bonanza feels when compared to the stock FS2020 Bonanza. I’m anxious to experience some other planes.

I would recommend getting the mods for the default aircraft, some of them are absolutely transformational. Most of them can be done through the Community Downloader, so it’s not even too big a pain to manage.

It’d be nice if there was a modded Baron to match the Bonanza, I’m much more fond of twins.

I definitely will download the mod once I get home from vacay. The Baron 58 is by far one of the best GA planes built and hands down, the best twin IMO.
One of my favorite views while sim flying is the left and down view out the window from the left seat. For this reason only, I prefer single engine planes but the twins are definitely more fun to fly.