Plane always turns to left or right when taxing and take off

Be curious if you disable all winds, and then fly it should creep to left slightly, but if its going to the right without any winds, something is bugging out xD

Interesting. I’m doing a bush trip series using the X-Cub and I have to apply RIGHT rudder during takeoff

That’s normal and accurate though! Read my post above

Yes and in direct contradiction to JohanBak and vibrophil’s experience. Obviously I am using a different Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 than they are…

1 Like

Well, I need to apply right rudder first, and that’s a given. Over time, though, just a tiny amount becomes way too much right rudder so I need to counteract it with left. I don’t think that’s a contradiction.

Still happening in windless conditions, and at low taxi speeds as well.

1 Like

I never need to use left rudder…

Check to see if you have multiple buttons mapped to the rudder pedals. This used to happen when I used my Xbox One controller. Could be conflicting information being sent to rudder if you have more than one control mapped to it . Hope it helps.

Hi try this: Main meny. Go to OPTION. Go to ASSISTANCE
Chose easy for all.
Apply and save.

Why would you want to do a thing like that? Might as well play GTA V

1 Like

… and it does not really help except you can go off the runway, bounce up crashing a few roofs :smile_cat:

That is gyro-effect. It is in order, also for C152 and C172, a pilot (real one, like Yetti5997, see above) confirmed recently on this forum. For Cessna’s it is subtle… quite easy… for older planes you’ll somtimes have a struggle to keep it on the runway, especially tail draggers.

Why ? because your propellor is making your airplane tilt to the left when it accellerates, you’ll see it go left. Start correcting a little rudder right before you get that. Make some room for going left, then compensate tapping the rudder to the right and to the left and to the right… pilots call this “rudder walk”.

Even a C172 needs a little bit of rudder now… on C152 you will need it… and for all tail dragger airplanes you’ll need it as well. Just practice… in the last update, they put in the gyro. In the november update, they improved the rudder handling. Just tap it gently, don’t overdo it. When you keep the rudder (or stick, pedals) on one side, your plane will turn, or crash its wing to the ground.

Tip: switch to external camera and play with it while the plane is still on the runway. You see what it does.

1 Like

You didn’t read the entire thread did you. You think someone hasn’t brought this up before?

The flap issue was fixed.

1 Like

I think I found the problem. when I connected my Xbox controller it shows that the rudder is connected to the same axis stick that is used for elevation and banking. and since my controller is a bit damaged it might be a reason why the game registers a rudder toggle.

Thanks to Asobo/Microsoft. You did a great job!

Apparently you aren’t watching your ball when you take off or trying to keep your heading straight then. It attempts to emulate p-factor, torque, slipstream and gyroscopic precession but seemingly only when on the ground. As soon as you are air born if you keep right rudder in then you’re yawing, you have to center the rudder after take off. In a real plane you should have to hold some right rudder during the climb until you get to cruise and pull power back. Same issue for coordinated turns, there aren’t any. No “stepping on the ball” in this game.

I’m not the original poster. I’m not having the problem.

Yeah that’s why I was replying to you because you said you don’t have any problem with it, but I bet if you watch the needle and ball while taking off and climbing you will find it’s not realistic and you have to let off the rudder after becoming airborne.

That is true. It is a bit of a violent transition both ways. Weird that they would simulate it that way.

Yeah seems like they only simulate it during the takeoff roll then it’s gone when flying. Also works in reverse sometimes during a crosswind landing. Nothing like landing and almost launching off the side of the runway haha

THIS is exactly what the OP is experiencing. Especially in smaller aircraft, the rudder will push the tail left or right depending on wind direction and strength during taxi and take off. Use opposite control input to correct the drift.