Plane always turns to left or right when taxing and take off

It’s just a mess. Especially in light aircraft it becomes worse and worse as a keyboard player. And when you’re airborne it’s indeed suddenly all gone and works perfectly. And when you land it’s not a problem on approach, but when you hit te runway it’s back again and the plane is al over te place.

I don’t know how to record my screen and upload it to youtube for instance, to show it, but it’s annoying.

And no, i don’t think “buy a controller” is the right solution, it should be playable with keyboard controls as well as it was before simupdate 2

1 Like

A slight rudder yes. But a tick of the rudder makes most small aircraft completely go to the the edge of the runway… not realistic at all. I’ve found out it starts at about 40kts

Same for me.

GA aircraft on take off or landing.

Once airborne it goes away, or once slowed to a slow taxi speed, too

They’re trying to simulate your wheels loosing traction because of lift being generated as you accelerate. Which does make sense, but it seems to me that not only is it a bit canned (as in rather than calculating lift, then figuring out the vertical force on the tires, which translate into available traction, they probably have a table with 0 speed : 100% traction, takeoff speed : 0 % traction), but it also clashes with some other things they’re trying to emulate, and the outcome is the mess we’re experiencing where it is impossible to follow the center line on takeoff or landing. And the whole thing is made worse by the rudder being so twitchy. I move my foot half an inch and i’m skidding off the runway in the other direction.

I have another problem when I try to install the game again after resetting my pc the installer first says that we cannot sync with the cloud and then it works but then the installer closes by itself.

I’ve had this issue also…

• Happens with multiple aircraft when take off auto-rudder assist is switched to OFF so I believe I should have full manual control of the rudder.
  • Happens with no external input on my part, I can load the flight and simply throttle up and at 30 knots the rudder pulls right and stays like that until either off the ground or slowed down below 30 knots where it will centre itself again.
  • Nothing in community folder. Default aircraft with default livery.
  • No controllers or flight sticks/yokes connected/plugged in.
  • When the rudder moves to the right the pedals don’t move.

Here’s a quick screen grab showing the rudder move to the right as I hit 30 knots and back to centre when it drops below 30 and me fighting it for a scruffy take off.

1 Like

Had the same problem weeks ago.
Aside from the airplane dynamics, which is really quite good in the sim, the cause might also be your rudder,
as with me :
Checking the sensitivity in the controls menu
for my rudder, I saw that the neutral (zero) point of the rudder was not where it should be :
The damping of the rudder was too strong for the
springs to center the rudder completely.
Another time it was an inadvertent
setting of the trim.

Good luck and again much fun !
bye , walter

See my post here. I had the same issue, but it is fixed now.

anyone else here having problem when going to settings??? when i try to go to general settings or control settings or assistant settings the game crashes and exits with no reason. can some one explane how to fix that? i tried to reinstall the game after factory reset the pc but the problem is still there

It is not the problem of the wind because if you leave it it makes circles

It’s broken, and needs an update, having the same issues here.

Old Thread but its still happened to me. Cant taxi straight. Doesnt matter which type of aircraft.
Its so annoying, sometimes almost crash the plane on takeoff because of the extreme right or left steering.
I use the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick. Any new tips are appreciated.

4 Likes

Over a year later I’m afraid the answer to this question is still a resounding NO! :angry:

I will honestly say this iteration of NSFS is without question the crappiest in terms of flight models I have ever experienced. Not that any of the stock models have ever been great to begin with.

The only thing worse is ASOBOSOFT apparently not having a clue what is causing something so pervasive and repeatable (or just not thinking flight models in a flight sim are a priority :roll_eyes:)

3 Likes

In the game control/options: choose your hardware - sensitivity - the move the #Neutral" meter to the left or right to compensate it.
It works for me having the same problem with Virpil rudder pedals.
The main problem is in the game 100%sure.

You dont have to change to “Modern flight model” go for realistic if you want =)

1 Like

turning off gyro from assist fixed it.

the same issue happens to me while taking off with every plane, can ur solution help me because im on xbox and play with controller?

Has anyone been able to fix this PERMANANETLY on the Extreme 3D Pro “twist” rudder !?!?!?!?!

I can fight with it for a hour or two and somehow get it working. But the next MSFS update (or other random things) will cause it to revert to a hard right turn only. Taxiing is near impossible and coordinated flight is a huge chore. Typically it will be fixed for a month or so … then I am back to deleting and downloading of drivers again, resetting everything, etc etc … I have tried all of the suggestions I could find on the forums and none of them are more than a “band aide” fix.

Help … before I jump off a tall building !!!

2 Likes

And mysteriously it is fixed today without doing anything.

I have also decided to buy another joystick for troubleshooting. There is always a possibility my original stick is broken.

Such a pain.

Same issue, on Fenix a320 and thrustmuster airbus, are y fixed that? Plane go right/left on taxi, takeoff, roll out, all time correction and bad takeoff and roll out. Thanks.

You report both LEFT and right turning tendencies.

Suggest you first try with ZERO wind, (Preset weather with wind & wind gust at zero)and eliminate effects of wind

Then Try, on same runway, with preset wind, (say 15 knots) from 90 left and then 90 right (ie Full crosswinds) to verify that it’s a wind effect, and not just a random intermittency on your controller.