Planes pull hard to the right on take off

Im from the valley, Modesto, and when air quality wasn’t super poor, the spring morning air was the freaking best.

Good area to fog fly too!

1 Like

Nice! I did a lot of flying out of Auburn and would hit up a lot of the airports in the Sierras and the foothills. Favorite destinations were Chester (O05) at Lake Almanor and the foot of Mt Lassen, and Willows (WLW) to get a $100 burger at Nancy’s.

1 Like

Thanks. I came to the forums specifically looking for a way to troubleshoot this problem and saw you had a thread going on it. I mostly fly a Cherokee 180, although I have time in other makes and models, and usually fly in 10 - 30 kts surface winds here in my area. If this problem is in fact modeling weathervaning to this extent with as little as a 3 knot crosswind component, then it’s just an incredibly unrealistic physics model. Sadly, if it hasn’t been fixed for this long I doubt it will be corrected.

Still hoping the in flight deficiencies I’m noticing are a settings issue somewhere and not a physics issue with the sim.

1 Like

Im glad im not the only one, and im happy to see others seeing this as well.

I dont want to be warned about duplicate threads, so im going to ask @TheSevenflyer to please move this thread to the bug reporting thread under weather, as i dont want to confuse and irritate other more active members of the fourm.

We have multiple users experiencing the same problem, there is no way its a user issue. Now it time to vote on priority to get this fixed.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No i like to log my hours thank you

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No mods or add ons

Brief description of the issue:

Discussion from multiple users and a brand new user that signed up today also was looking for an answer.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aircraft-pull-to-the-right-excessive-weathervaning-multiplier/596534

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Just try loading up a C172 yourself.

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

This discussion link also links to another discussion of the issue
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aircraft-pull-to-the-right-excessive-weathervaning-multiplier/596534

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load onto both sides of the runway with 2Kts of crosswind or more, have the wind to your right, and you will see the problem.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

4070, 9900k, 32 GB Ram, T rudder peddles, Honeycomb yoke, Logitech throttle quadrant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current Stable public build (Not beta) as of posting.

I’m not sure what you are describing is a bug. If you have a right crosswind, the plane will weathervane to turn into the wind.

Unless I am misreading what you wrote, even the left turning tendencies can be overcome by a strong enough wind, especially given how that effect is exaggerated in the sim.

If you are describing the excessive weathervaning as the issue, then fair enough, but if it’s just about the plane turning to the right because of a right crosswind, then no.