Players should lookup RNWY in use

I think maybe some kind of ranking system could help. I know there’s already one for hours flown but points accumulated for following the rules; correct taxi speeds, correct runway etc, and points deducted for infringements could encourage people to follow the rules, but keep it in live mode only. I always like to see some sort of rank progression in games. I mean people will still mess about, that’s been the case with any multiplayer game, I’m really not bothered, I’m just happy to see other players!

You mean like a social credit score? Where if you made too many mistakes, the game will lock you out from being able to access some aircrafts, or even not allowing you to go to certain airports? Where you can buy any addons from the marketplace, but you won’t be able to use it until you’re at a specific score?

I do this, But lately ACT is choosing the exact opposite rwy. If either METARS or ATIS states 180@9kt wind, ATC chooses Rwy 36. This has been happening 100% of the time on Taxi/Takeoff and on many different regions/airports. Even the wind sock is right but still ATC want’s me to line up in the wrong direction.
based on this and other issues like IFR Altitude assignment, It seems ATC in general is broke, way too many bugs that I haven’t noticed before.

Not sure, but I think he meant a “level system” where you are not “punished”, but get “access points” instead - “access points” which unlock certain “multiplayer servers” (or “layers” or whatever you’d call them) where you’d find “like-minded pilots”. Those that “invest a lot of time in realism”, and the people who are in the same “layer” like you invested the same amount of “seriousness”, so chances are high that “they will behave”.

Everyone else wouldn’t notice any difference, they would just fly as before.

I am not sure whether such an “elite pyramid system” would be something to wish for - but then again, why not? Again, everyone else who is here “for the fun” or “free flight” wouldn’t be affected at all (we basically already have such a system, but only with two levels, and currently everyone can enter both: “All Players” and “Live Players”).

In fact, an additional third one, “Professional Players” (name to be chosen) would maybe already be sufficient, but you’d need to “prove your worthiness”, by “flying realistically” (follow ATC, only spawn on parking spots, …).

My personal tip: we have the entire world now at our disposal! I know that certain airports are more attractive than others, but besides turning of “life players” completely: why not fly in Africa? Or Siberia? Middle East? There are - in my experience - so many regions of this planet where you fly literaly alone (and yet, every then and when you “meet” another player, visible when you enable name plates - fascinating :))

I’m just the opposite. I personally just want MSFS to be a Simulator, not an ANOTHER social media app. That’s what it used to be, and that’s why I bought the latest version like I’ve done since 1990. I have nothing against multiplayer and it’s fun sometimes to see other users act a fool.
I guess i’m just hoping Asobo spends more effort on simulating true flight and less on gamming. But in the end I know it’s all profit driven so…
I’m Completely Off Topic. apologies to the OP.

1 Like

No not like a social credit score at all :joy:

Well the good news is for those who don’t want the social aspect and multiplayer they can just disable it.

Rendering it useless as the proposition seeks to impose some arbitrary set of standards that everyone would need to adhere to take part in MP. If it can be turned off, it will be turned off.

Assuming you’re referring to my comment I meant for those saying they don’t want to see other players, MSFS has the setting to just disable multiplayer.

1 Like

I didn’t mean an ATC/pilot system like Vatsim, I simply meant a multiplayer for the clearly more experienced in flightsim, who are either ranked in skill based on the pointing system, using the same points system challenges. Seems perfect, why not? Works in PCARS 2, and a range of other games. Otherwise if not, then people need to stop complaining and just live with the guy who lands an A320 upside-down.

I would totally land it upside down.

But only to see the crash model :sweat_smile:

Yes i know its a Sim, but its still fun to see things crash. Especially when ther is not repercussions for it Material, Money, or Animal.

I do apologise for spawnling my plane on the runway when you are on approach to land.

Good thing collision with other players/planes are of.

I have to say tho, it is a bit immersion braking when i spawn at a gate/parking spot, and another plane spawns in on the same spot to.

Ehhh perhaps, though I don’t think that’s the business model at all here. The system would merely be an overall score of your flight. You wouldn’t lose points for flying like a maniac, you just wouldn’t gain any additional. The additional multiplayer option would be unlocked after a few flights completed - it’s not a punitive system nor is it a reward system - only a scoring metric that would gauge if you’d be ready for the option to fly “realistically” with other like minded players who want the same.

1 Like

It’s exactly what people need to do, people just need to accept that MP is the Wild West and if they seek a “professional” environment they need to look into VATSIM. Many, many people seek a much better environment when it comes to interacting with their fellow aviation enthusiasts and VATSIM really is the answer. I’ve been on the network for so long (12 years) and decided that I would like to now be a controller and it’s exactly what I have applied for. I passed a VATUSA test and just recently got accepted into an ARTCC (a very busy one) getting a 100% on my first ARTCC specific test and super excited to actually start my training.

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: congratulations, hope you got patience, especially with sim pilots like me

1 Like

Peeps on VATSIM absolutely have the patience for new pilots and in fact there was an event a few days ago that was new pilot specific. All that is really asked when you fly on the VATSIM network is that you try and want to learn. Making mistakes happens and it’s not the end of the world if you do. If you do make a mistake a controller will let you know what you did wrong and what you can do better next time. VATSIM is a learning experience for all and at the same time you’re able to really raise the bar when it comes to your flight sim enjoyment. Gone will be the really bad stock ATC and your desire for a good MP experience, you’ll actually be able to get it when you choose to fly on VATSIM.

1 Like

Yeah I know I have joined but just remained an observer, ready for the next step I have learnt the planes I fly, and not a very busy aiport…people on these forums have given me great advice :+1:. I am here to learn pen and paper is my friend haha

What bugs me is the ones that sit there playing Captain for 15 mins on the runway before moving.

1 Like

As much I agree with some of the things OP says however, I dont want to turn into a boys club.it can come across very arrogant. Just am sick and tired of people blaming X box players. We are a community and we have choices. Like I said previous pilot 2 atc assigned me to a different runway to other pilots were using, and different from my simbrief flightplan. There was a thread out about the same subject, before Xbox was released.

1 Like

I certainly hope that this will apply only if you have multi player active. Personally I never start at the gate.
Neither do I wish to see other simmers so I start on the runway and dont bother anyone.
So a blanket ban of starting on runway wouldnt be acceptable.