Players should lookup RNWY in use

I really don’t see Asobo doing this, especially given that VATSIM is a partner.

Why? Even on VATSIM there are people who simply don’t know their aircraft (not saying I condone to such a practice). Simply having X amount of hours is arbitrary, it serves no purpose by itself.

1 Like

Or… And hear me out…

Play the GAME… Enjoy the GAME… Have fun in the GAME… Nobody will use a GAME Sim like a REAL SIM… I would like too but I understand how this works… Hat enjoy it.

4 Likes

You forgot to mention ATC! :rofl:

I’m referring to a private server type of thing. :grinning:

Turn off multiplayer.
Not sure why you have it on if what other players do bothers you. And if you need it to be on for a group flight, then turn it on just for that and turn it back off when done.

1 Like

True @FrankTheMoose, but lots of strips without ATIS, and one advantage of a Sim is to have the option, if you want to, of taking the easy route rather than strictly following RL procedures. Cheers.

Having another plane trying to crash into your tends to bother people.

That’s exactly the wrong way to do it. Always, always, always check the final approach path for landing traffic before taking an active runway, clearance or not.

1 Like

Sure, it bothers some people, and they can turn multiplayer off.

It’s nice to have options.

Anyone who plays online games know that people are inherently idiots and behave like jerks when there are no rules.

Turned off multiplayer 2 days after release.

2 Likes

#1: When MSFS pushed this game to the whole world, especially now with Xbox, and enabled all players to see each other if desired, did you SERIOUSLY expect this to be anything other than a constant airforceproud95 video? This is a game, folks are playing it how they want. So let them have their fun and don’t let them ruin yours.

#2: Nobody forces you to use multiplayer. You can turn it off.

#3: Or you could try Live Players instead of All Players. Live Players is supposedly where all the “get off my lawn!” folks hang out. I dunno from personal experience because that’s not me so I’ve never gone there, but that’s the rumor I heard. But my suspicion is that it’s not much more disciplined than All Players. I mean, why should it be?

#4: You do know there are no mid-air collisions, right? So seriously, what harm’s it really do to you when some random guy does whatever, ignoring your presence? OK, I have crashed when on short final to Courchevel because several drunks in quick succession all tried to take off head-on at me in 747s. Flying through the 747s did no damage but they totally obscured the runway at a critical point so I undershot. But instead of getting mad, I thought it was funny. Gotta expect such things at all the advertised challenging airports. They attract the drunks and crazies, at leas in All Players.

#5: It’s possible the other folks might not even know you’re there, so don’t realize they’re cutting you off. IIRC, even if you have MP turned off, folks using All Players can still see you even if you see no other folks. So don’t get mad when they might be thinking they’re in their own world. You can’t tell so don’t judge.

#6: I advise you to avoid combat sims at all cost. If you can’t take some harmless joshing, stumbling drunks or the uneducated masses out just having fun, or even folks thinking they’re alone in the world, you definitely are not meant for games where all the other players are actually trying to kill you :wink:

1 Like

It’s also worth noting that the default ATC doesn’t handle multiplayer aircraft. So ATC can’t detect if there’s any multiplayer aircraft on the runway or on final approach. So they’ll always give you clearance as long as there’s no AI traffic on the runway or on final.

1 Like

do you know what the sim ATIS RNWY in use is based on at the time we tune to the published frequency? Is it live info gathered somehow from the internet? Or does it use some sort of formula of wind direction and runway directions and determines which would have the least tailwind quartering component?

Lookup RNWY in use?’ Last night while at Heathrow in the DC6. In the time it took me to complete my takeoff checks I saw one guy performing aerobatics over the runway, yet another 320 landing without undercarriage deployed, one kamikaze who flew straight into a terminal and umpteen aircraft landing on the runway in front of me. Pretty widespread lack of looking up I’d say :joy:

The problem is that with multiplayer turned on i would hold short for ages. Just look at places like EDDF or EGLL. A constant stream of aircraft coming in. I’m not really in the mood to sit there for 30 minutes.

1 Like

Why do you say that?

Pretty sure this is based on downloaded TAF and METAR for the live weather.

If the airport has no ATIS you should tune the closest airport that has one - and then make a qualified guess on what runway is in use.

Its funny this keeps coming up. I wondered this last March 2020 when Microsoft published the multiplayer feature discovery video. All players for having fun with with everyone. And “live” for people that wanted to follow the rules. I always wondered just how they would, or could enforce that. Now I know… they cant.

I think on the recent wishlist items for “force players to spawn on taxiway instead of runway” was listed as “started” so maybe there’s some hope on that front. A simple levelling system (I think infinte flight has something like this) where you complete flights properly from startup, taxi, take-off, landing and shut down. You get points towards another level based on your overall flying. If you don’t care for the points, no worries, you can continue doing whatever you please as per normal FSX Steam Edition days. However, those interested in collecting points for the next level then unlock a new multiplayer option - not sure on the name - maybe “Realistic” where you know the two A320s lined up in front of you are going to follow their assigned taxi routes to the best of their ability and not blast off out of KLAX after sliding around on the taxiway. Simply provide a separate multiplayer experience for the simmers who want to… ya know, simulate as much of the facets of flight possible without having nuisances buzz into your plane constantly. We want to use multiplayer, but in a way that all of the like-minded simmers can cooperate and utilize the big world MS has provided as close to how the real world would operate.

1 Like

I think this will annoy those that think this sim already has too many gamey elements to it. It’s a slippery slope to unlockable skins, and cosmetic dice to hang from the compass!

1 Like

I am like Tony Stark in this game. A Billionaire who has a lot of planes and can fly and start where ever I won’t. I find it totally funny to see alle the pilots starting