Playing the sim on 4K 60 Hz non-gaming monitor?

Anyone play the sim on a 4K 60Hz non-gaming monitor?

Specifically will the sim be OK with this LG 27" 4K 60 Hz monitor?

I would have to max fps below 60, like 58 target? Would it work OK?

really depends if your computer is good enough to render at 4k 60fps/Hz.

Yes. I fly 4k Ultra on a 65" 4K Native 60 HZ monitor.

It is great.

3 Likes

I play on 55" 4K HDR TV… It’s awesome… Depending on your GPU. If you can target 60 fps, then it’s good. But for me with 2080 Ti, I set my graphics settings on everything ULTRA, but I usually get around 30 fps… And I’m pretty happy.

2 Likes

What are the minimum PC specs needed to run the sim maxed out/Ultra like that?

Well I can’t say for sure as can’t get it myself i use a 4k non hdr 60hz monitor on a rtx 2070 and i9-9900k and have to turn the render scaling down to 80 but have many things on high settings and lods set at 200. I only get between 30 to 40 fps depending on where I’m flying.

I would guess and don’t know for sure but would likely need top spec CPU and an rtx 3090 if the fps really matters that much.
But I can’t say for sure hopefully someone with decent specs can let you know what is really possible.
Could look on Youtbe to see if there is any vids that show msfs maxed out 60fps on 4k.

1 Like

Thats a bit rude what the hell just trying to give him advice if you know then tell him.

Was planning on getting a i911900, 32GB RAM, and at least a RTX 3080. Debating on a RTX 3080ti and RTX 3090, as the price goes up a lot, especially the 3090.

1 Like

I do, not the same make and model. No issues, works well. I use a 2070Super and get 30-ish fps with 90% render scaling and setting tuned between Ultra and High (Ultra where there is a visible difference).

Edit: Just saw you are getting a new system with a better GPU, so I suspect you will have no issues running 4K, especially with render scale a little less than 100 if needed. If you really need 60 fps though you might have problems there.

Hello - that user was being helpful to me and I appreciate the help. My initial question was about a monitor, and I did try the search function. Welcome all genuine helpful replies.

1 Like

Stop it. Stop it. Please.

That’s what I’m toying with. Since I cannot hope to get a GPU at a reasonable price, I’m going prebuilt. Some prebuilts have very good CPU thermals with liquid cooling, but GPU can get toasty, especially with the 3090. It is so much more expensive so wanting to get away with a 3080 or possibly 3080ti.

If I can get 4K, Ultra maxed out, with at least a playable smooth 40 fps in places like London and NYC, I’ll be happy. If not, maybe wait to see what 2022 brings.

Well done a search and few said they run it 4k on a 2080ti but getting upto 55fps so maybe a 3080ti would be enough to get 4k 60fps. it would run more than smooth enough below 60fps anyway.

@GlobalFlyer2020 If 40fps would be enough then the 3080ti would likely be more than good enough.

I just recently upgraded to a Ryzen 9 5900x with a 3080ti….32 GB 3200 ram…2 x Nvme SSD’s ….heaps of cooling…running on a 55” 4K at a locked 30fps……very smooth and solid…

Thanks. Sounds like you have a custom built. Great you were able to get a 3080ti. Decent GPUs are really hard to find in my part of the world.

That is what he said.

I fly 4K Ultra with UserCfg.opt set to:
Prefer Custom
Opt LoD =6
Terrain LoD = 6

To a 65" 4K Native TV/display.

FPS between 14 and 28 FPS.

Flight is smooth and scenery is great.

i9-9990K, 390 MB, 64 GB SDRAM, M.2 NVMe 2.0 SSD, GTX 166 TI

Try it.

Who said?
op wanted to know about a 4k 60fps monitor he was looking at and then what specs he would likely need to run at 60fps.

Do not direct posts to others. Follow the Code of Conduct. Those who can not follow these guidelines will have action taken on their account.

3 Likes

Yes. I use Vizio 43" TV HDMI 2.1 4K@60Hz (w/ gaming option enabled) and it works great. Somehow, in Windows Display setting, this TV was set to 30Hz and I didn’t realize this until after 6 months. But the moment I changed it to 60Hz, I could see the positive FPS impact (w/ RTX 3080).

I haven’t tried it with PC Gaming Monitors, so may not be able to share the difference between them.

I little off topic and not what the OP was asking but I would put your money into a VR headset.
I have a reverb G2 that is incredible.
I only fly in VR now, the difference between a monitor and VR is huge!!!
I am a pilot IRL and VR gets me pretty darn close to being in and flying the real thing.
If you can demo using a VR headset from someone, it will change your mind.
Food for thought.