Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date]

Not quite…

you definitely don’t work in the IT industry :rofl:

2 Likes

No I hadn’t. Because when error first popped up I clicked “no” and then didn’t restart the sim. So my hours and my logbook was still there.

I did a couple of flights now and I seems to have resolved the issue. So far the „Packages out of date“ message didn’t pop up again…

One can only hope to the best.

1 Like

Can anyone please confirm whether backing up and then copying back the backup WGS folder once your logbook goes to 0 hours, actually works, will it overwrite the cloud data properly?

C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs\ folder (for MS Store version)

Getting really fed up with all this now. Asobo need to have a big team meeting and sort how they run this so called “simulator”…I have spent more time fixing things than actually flying.

1 Like

How many weekends have we all sat waiting for a Monday hottfix. I think more communication is necessary. We should have an Asobo response box posted at the top of this forum for their replys to such situations. Some communication, even an affirmation of the problem, is better than silence. That would definitely help get us through the weekend. Also they should post the problem and most importantly an ETA for a fix.

6 Likes

For me this bug occured the same day as the last Windows 10 update,
I lost 500 flying hours (this time I lost more than 500 hours in a previous update).

hey friend thanks for the tip but I’m tired of fixing their asses. If they broke them they fix it. I lost 400 flight hours, all flight challenges, landings, etc.

1 Like

And the last windows phone disaster (the one they decided to make themselves with no help from an actual phone manufacturer)

I know all about that…I had one. It was the worst mobile experience I have ever had, totally unfit for purpose and then unceremoniously dropped by MS rather than deal with the many technical issues it had. €500+ paperweight.

Laughable. MSFS is nowhere near Beta stage yet.

2 Likes

zero weekends

beg to differ

1 Like

Now just imagine.

If they can lose your flight logging and/or achievements what happens when the data that they lose is your in game marketplace purchases?

Worth noting that for Steam users at least any purchase from the marketplace does NOT result in an itemized proof of purchase receipt which you could use to prove that you once owned aircraft/scenery which has been lost by their servers.

What an absolute shambles.

It’s time to Microsoft do something about this, come on

they not “loose” it… the application overwriten it. Beside of different servers…

Did all that, but my logbook is not back

Yep that’s just one issue with the marketplace. Purely hypothetical but this could happen seeing what else has gone wrong. Also what’s to say that a year or two down the road they decide to end online access or just cut off marketplace functionality? Good luck getting any updates to any purchases you made. They already have some issues getting products updated in a timely manner, whether due to Microsoft or the developer taking their time in submitting the update to the marketplace. I bought the CRJ off the marketplace. Should have done my research first. Some products I imagine are safer than others but the CRJ was the first one I bought off marketplace, and the last one.

Back to main subject I have had the packages out of date happen 3 times now. I have hit yes, no, and also manually updated those 3 files. Not sure anyone who has posted they know whats going on really knows to be honest. I haven’t lost any key bindings or lost my logbook though so I have been lucky in that regard. I feel for those that have lost their stats though. Things like this should not happen.

Fortunately I keep all my stats logged via my VA that I’ve been a part of since before MSFS launched. Not as indepth of a logbook but doesn’t really concern me as I could care less about the statistics that MSFS tracks. I also just recently started a FSAirlines VA for a little more added depth and it seems like it will add another layer of depth to the simulator. (Just need some more peeps (pilots) to join :wink:

Although the in-game stats don’t matter to me doesn’t mean they don’t matter to other sim pilots and it is completely unacceptable for this to be happening. The weekend is no excuse as this issue started happening back in the middle of last week. Just goes to show they really aren’t that concerned with their users’ experiences. The made their money and have moved on to the XBOX release for their next money grab.

1 Like

That does not work

I totally agree. They should fix this and not pawn it off to the community to find a workaround. I just tried it and it work so why not enjoy the sim in the meantime?

1 Like

I suspect you probably meant “ranting” given some of the toxicity on this thread

And that’s why I won’t buy anything trough the marketplace…

1 Like