Please add an option to turn off the new blue/yellow highlights when using Lock interaction mode

I really like the new lock interaction controls that were added with SU5. I did turn off all overlying tool tips, though. Great that Asobo provided the possibility to turn these off.

However, at this stage, there is no way to turn off the blue/yellow color overlays that fill in and highlight the locked-in control. Yes, you can go back to Legacy, but as I said, I really like the concept of the lock mode. I get it that if you‘re using a gamepad, it‘s not so evident to see what you‘re hovering over. But I‘m mostly using my mouse and have a pretty good feeling over what control my mouse currently sits.

So I would really like to have the option to turn off these blue/yellow highlights, just like the with the tooltips.

I think the new lock interaction are a welcome addition, not just for gamepad users. I really love how easy it is to spin around the heading bug, or dial in a frequency without having to endlessly scroll with the mouse wheel. Not to mention doing this in turbulences or when using head tracking. I just feel like the overlays are too distracting and immersion breakers. The tooltips can be turned off, so please Asobo, give us the option to turn off the overlay colored highlights too.

So, if you feel the same, please vote.

I really don’t like the glowing cockpit objects with the new mouse interactions. I would love to see a third option of new interaction, but no object glow.

The glowing reminds me of a first person shooter, when you find a box of ammo, or some food, and are being prompted to grab it. i know where the knob for the kollsman window is…I don’t need it to flash blue when I touch it.

4 Likes

That’s a good point… I mainly don’t like the tooltips and highlights the new lock mode makes as they ruin immersion for me, but I do like the concept of locking onto a control. It would be great if we can have this as an option. Voted!

Yes, this is what makes me reluctant to use the “Lock” control option on PC. A simple pointer change should be sufficient when using a mouse. As already mentioned, the glow highlight makes sense with a gamepad controller, but if the control in use is a mouse, it ought to behave like a mouse – which in typical UI standards is a pointer change, not a change to the object underneath the pointer.

It seems that this new control option will be the standard going forward, some devs already mention in the manual that the new control model must be used to have everything working as intended.

If this is the case and the legacy control mode is not anymore supported, we should definitely get this upvoted!

The blue highlights are immersion braking and a bad idea in general.

5 Likes

Upvoted. I only use legacy control mode- the blue highlighting of switches, levers and knobs are a massive immersion killer!

3 Likes

What??? Who? I can‘t stand that locking thing, personal taste. But if they only mention it in their manual it‘s money wasted if you don‘t want to usw that mode.

1 Like

Supper idea! Turn off this colorful stuff :slight_smile:

I have to use this setting to be able to use the wonderful CJ4 WT reasonably. It worsens the gaming experience, as even I don’t need this color feature with the mouse. A corresponding switch off option would be great!

1 Like

Agreed, please add an option to turn off these vivid colors.

Absolutely. The lock mode is excellent when push/pull are bound to the thumb buttons on the side of the mouse (so no actual “locking” is used), but the highlights are very immersion breaking.

I’ve been looking everywhere to turn them off! Are you serious that it’s not an option??? It’s horrible and makes me feel like I’m playing a children’s game. Has anyone discovered how to turn them off?

Hello fellow simmers,

I came to realise through research and discussion here and discord it was actually impossible to turn off the highlight over buttons on my Xbox Series X, and I guess it’s the same on Series S.

It would be fantastic for realism to be able to turn it off like the instrument tooltip description for example.

Hope this is going to be looked at.
Have a great flight all!

On PC too please, with an additional option to disable the white interaction dot (which is the actual cause of this annoying blue highlighting and other issues).

I was watching the last PMDG video on YouTube about mouse usage on the futur 737. It’s fantastic and they obviously don’t have any highlights on colors. I understand it makes the sim a lot convenient and easy for all kind of users but giving the opportunity to choose if you want it or not would be really amazing!

Hello everyone,

I think it’s an easy feature to toggle for the devs, please give it a vote!

Thx you simmers, have good flights.

Wholeheartedly agree. Night flying in VR is more or less impossible because glaring yoke just burns the eyes out…

Good Evening Flightsim community,

I just wanted to reach out and ask this question so I could get it straightened out for future flights. When I’m flying on Xbox I’m always getting that annoying blue highlight over my instruments while I’m flying. I was wondering if there was even a way to turn it off on Xbox, because I want my flying to have more of a realistic feeling. As far as where I’ve looked so far, I haven’t seen a place to do so. Any clarification will help!

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how many vote do we need for the topic to appear in the wish list ? I’m pretty sure this feature would be quite easy to add to the sim (as it already exists on PC).

Thx

No it doesn’t. I think you’re confusing Legacy mode, but that’s not what this wishlist is about. This is about removing the hightlights in lock mode, which the PC doesn’t support either.

I know but if it’s possible in Legacy mode, it’s possible in the sim.