Please add right click action on aircraft buttons and switches

In P3D, we can use the left and right click with the mouse on buttons and switches in aircraft.

But in MSFS, we can only use the left click on buttons and switches in aircraft.

It’s very inconvenient.
Especially need to click the small arrow to select direction, such as pushing in or pulling out knob.

Please add the function below:

• left click to turn on/clockwise or push in knob.
  • right click to turn off/counter clockwise or pull out knob.
  • wheel scroll in any direction.

I think that the default mouse configuration is fine.

Left click for switches

Right click to move the camera

You can change your settings in the controls menu I guess

3 Likes

I want to voice my opinion to the oposite. I love the right click to pan the view. It is what most games use, and having the right click open a menu is totally inconvient. Using the scrollwheel to manipulate buttons is the way to go.

2 Likes

Disagree with OP, this is not needed. MSFS is not P3D and it is hard to add back what wasn;t there in the first place. Right Click to pan is ideal for me

3 Likes

Another vote for right-click panning. It works fine. I use it all the time. Don’t change it.

3 Likes

Each one seems to be taking sides strongly: right-click to pan or right-click to action.

I believe there is no fence side to choose:

• you can right-click OVER a control and then right-click to action
  • you can right-click OVER anything else and right-click to pan.

Why choosing one or the other since you can get both?

The same goes with the scroll wheel. Those of you used to Reality XP GTN and Reality XP GNS products can:

• left click to turn counter clockwise.
  • right click to turn clockwise.
  • wheel push to push the knob.
  • wheel scroll in any direction.

And this is also user selectable so that you can opt for an alternate control scheme:

• left click on the left side to turn counter clockwise.
  • left click on the right side to turn clockwise.
  • left click below the knob to push.
  • wheel scroll in any direction over the left or the right side indifferently.

I’d join the OP in this case: the more the merrier.

4 Likes

That is what I want to mean. Thanks. :)

Doesn’t the scroll wheel already do this?

I’m sorta on the same page as OP… I don’t if a right click is really convient as a solution and how it should be implemented; what I know for sure is that the more time I spend clicking buttons in the A320, the more I swear at the mouse and trying to assign everything to keyboard hotkeys… With low FPS, shaking view cause turbulence and head movent simulation, to switch Landing lights you must hit the pixel perfect position, waiting for the arrow cursor to change in the way you need, then view bobs around and you loose the spot… So you start again etc. So yeah, in this case would be much more simple to use to keys: put the cursor on the button, push left to switch off, right to switch on, and so on. (Plus, from the pilot viewpoint lots of switches are one ontop the other in perspective which renders everything more difficult to use)

1 Like

And this is when I swear at this sim :smiley:

Would also like to see the L and R mouse buttons used to tune frequencies, navigation radials, and select characters while entering a flight plan. Yes, buttons in addition to the current mouse wheel tuning. The issue I have is that the spots for the mouse wheel cursor are so small, that with the movements of the aircraft my mouse wheel tuning is interrupted by instead having the mouse wheel zooming the view in or out. Very frustrating.

With Reality XP GNS and GTN gauges you can hold down the left button to tune knobs and dials in one direction, and the right button to tune them in the other. You can also click one step at a time to tune knobs and dials in fine increments. I can tune COM and NAV frequencies, navigation radial settings, and especially flight plan airports and waypoint names in a fraction of the time it takes in MSFS.

Remember to vote for this topic after reading it.

1 Like

My biggest MOUSE control issue at the moment, that I do remember having in FSX, is that if I want to control and item with the scroll wheel (ie Turn a Know clockwise or anticlockwise), very often, if I slip off the object, it ends up Zooming in/out instead.

Not figure out yet the an easy way to turn on/off Mousewheel Zoom ??

What am i missing … must be me ~!!!

OK, just realized why I did not have this issue in FSX … I mostly used 2D gauges !!!

(wont get into why – but i sure miss them in Fs2002 )

1 Like

As for the inability to interact with knobs and switches when the aircraft is shaking, there is a wish list for this one as well:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/completely-turn-off-camera-shake-for-better-mouse-operations/278876/8

Not yet. For example, scroll wheel can only change altitude, you still need to click the small arrow to push in or pull out knob when using the airbus autopilot system.

1 Like

I’ve missed this one and made the correction in my post.

For example the Reality XP GTN and the Reality XP GNS also support wheel push to push the knobs!

NEVER EVER ASSIGN THE RIGHT MOUSE CLICK TO OTHER THAN FREELOOK STOP-AND-GO.

knobs in the cockpit are to be handled by the left mouse click, single, double, drag and hold.
and only the left mouse click.
it’s the law!

As the title said. I am really really missed that feature from p3d and fsx.

Xplane does it better - just hover the pointer over the knob and use the scroll wheel up or down.

1 Like

It’s the same in MSFS. :wink:

2 Likes

You can do that in msfs2020 too.

1 Like