Please "destroy" out of range (FLYING) AI Aircraft - that are causing FPS decrease, (and eventually CTD ? )

I don’t know LOL … the Wishlist seems to get more attention by MS & ASOBO, but whatever.

I don’t mind… whatever will do the most good …

1 Like

Any bets on whether or not this workaround ends up causing another bug and unexpected behaviors due to that immediate state change of the AI craft and other dependent code? I’m looking at you, ATC. :slight_smile:

maybe just a simple rule - before you delete an AI, on the List for delete, be POLITE - wait till they finish their conversation with ATC,

Then to anyone listening, all appears OK – unless you realize that United1234 seems to have Disappeared some 100 miles from you - but “out of sight - out of mind”

1 Like

Well, I have seen reports of another bug that involves a CTD upon landing and some interaction with ATC, so I wouldn’t be shocked if blowing the AI out of the sky is a problem.

Hopefully, we will soon find out )

Well this is interesting!

I just took this screenshot, to document the change from AI traffic build up to turning it off.

But! When I turned off AI traffic, instead of having them disappear and getting a performance boost I got a, wait for it…CTD!

Error	10/21/2020 7:56:36 PM	.NET Runtime	1026	None
Application: FlightSimulator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FF7C8F1B46C

Error	10/21/2020 7:56:39 PM	Application Error	1000	(100)
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f7c8cf2
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f7c8cf2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000003db46c
Faulting process id: 0x3e88
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a7eebf714115
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 40febc95-6c57-4e9e-adb3-f3f8365db6c2
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

This is similar but not identical to an error I saw over here: VCRUNTIME140.dll Error

1 Like

I have turned off AI Traffic many time, when LNM was full of planes, and it never did a CTD.

Maybe you were already heading that way, and it would have happned in any case ??

How repeatable is it ??

okay, there is definitely a memory leak going on, ive made 5 flights today, all 5 of them on the final phase of flight after just being in the air for no more than a hour, CTD and i have a matching timestamp Event Viewer log confirming my entire system’s worth of RAM was used up, mind you that is 64GB of DDR4!!

right as im establishing on a localizer, im watching my memory via RTSS and it literally starts spiking, in 5 minutes during final, the sim goes from 10GB of usage to over 45. once this happens, texture and scenery errors start occuring in the sim, ground becomes erratic and corrupted, i literally just flew NAS Key West to KRSW a 35 minute flight, right as im establishing my final, i start noticing texture errors, FPS Dropping progressively and after i nailed a perfect landing, what do i get? huge rips and tears in the runway surface that flipped my plane on its back!

changing AI Settings, traffic and multiplayer on and/or off in any combination has no effect on this.

so what is suddenly sucking up all the system memory of our systems?

frankly, its becoming a real problem. since im not a programmer either, and there is no way to truly map RAM of a windows 10 system, there is absolutely no way to determine the leak source or what is being pointed to.

I monitor my system with RTSS in real time…

notice the upper left screen of this capture, this is a dedicated 3rd monitor

“our systems”?

Anyway, according to your image, your system peaked at 6GB of RAM usage. I’m not sure where 64 GB came from. 6GB is not much by today’s standards.

And when you consider most only have 16GB according to your analysis they shouldn’t be able to fly for more than 10-15 minutes. I think we would notice that.

1 Like

here is the last entry of my most recent CTD

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Resource-Exhaustion-Detector
Date: 10/01/20 12:43:09
Event ID: 2004
Task Category: Resource Exhaustion Diagnosis Events
Level: Warning
Keywords: Events related to exhaustion of system commit limit (virtual memory).
User: SYSTEM
Computer: BEAST
Description:
Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: FlightSimulator.exe (29740) consumed 51,788,317,141 bytes, chrome.exe (23516) consumed 1703292928 bytes, and chrome.exe (30296) consumed 658497536 bytes.

The two Chrome processes are Chrome itself and i was using the events.flighttracker.tech on my second screen. but look at FS 2020, thats 48GB of RAM!

1 Like

i have 64GB of RAM, im just showing how im monitoring it, that was not live and after the sim crashed and i went to handle something else in my home.

but the event viewer log proves the usage also

here is another one, just 2 hours prior

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Resource-Exhaustion-Detector
Date: 10/01/20 22:04:23
Event ID: 2004
Task Category: Resource Exhaustion Diagnosis Events
Level: Warning
Keywords: Events related to exhaustion of system commit limit (virtual memory).
User: SYSTEM
Computer: BEAST
Description:
Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: FlightSimulator.exe (2288) consumed 53402289152 bytes, and chrome.exe (9680) consumed 347365376 bytes.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Both of these, this occured in the same phase of flight, establishing to land. two totally different regions, two different aircraft.

do you see the sim on my right screen? because its not there, im looking at my desktop a few minutes after the CTD and the matching timestamp of the event log.

HI @anon33898240,
Seems pretty definitive, and matches what I am seeing! Have yu posted to zendesk?
Thanks
PaulyFSPAuly

1 Like

i have, numerous times over the last 6 months, this was a sporactic issue during the Alpha also.

but because of the way Windows 10 locks out mapping of RAM and since users cannot map applications as such, its impossible for us to help determine what the leak is.

ill go back and use file and memory management monitoring to see if i can spot a particular instance of excessive calls, but, without knowing whats actively happening in RAM, grim chances. only Asobo and MS can do that level of debugging.

maybe YOUR system only has 16 or 8GB Of RAM, mine does not, because i do much more than just gaming with it.

but ill take your silence now, for re-reading the topic and seeing the matching event viewer logs and now, another user stating the same thing happening.

1 Like

Your RTSS graph shows both the current memory usage as well as the maximum reached since it was started. This maximum value doesn’t change after MSFS closes, but is an indication of the peak amount of memory usage that had occurred. This value only resets if you close and restart Riva Tuner or reboot your PC.

So does the comment “i went to handle something else in my home” meant you shut down your PC before taking the RTSS screen shot? This comment seems to indicate not “do you see the sim on my right screen? because its not there, im looking at my desktop a few minutes after the CTD and the matching timestamp of the event log.” So if that is the case then the value of 6.5GB is still relevant.

Your screen shot shows a peak of 6486MB (6.5GB) had occurred. Hence the comment by Yuudai5178.

This is my memory reading from Riva Tuner long after MSFS has been closed.

This is yours (after MSFS has closed??)
Memory

The event viewer logs you have provided don’t appear to conifrm that all 64GB of your ram has been used. In fact the logs show no comment about ram at all. The error message about memory from the dump appears to refer to virtual memory, not physical ram. “Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition”. So did MSFS chew up all 64GB of your ram then help itself to another 53GB of virtual memory? Erk!!!

So is it possible that your PC is not correctly utilising your ram forcing Windows to use excessive amounts of virtual memory instead, until it just hits the available space limit?

Just a suggestion.

2 Likes

Just one thing I forgot to mention above. I bought a new PC a couple months back and was having problems, crashes etc, which I traced to a faulty memory stick. Removing the offending stick (until the supplier replaced it) solved all the problems I had been having. There are a couple of methods in the link below to check your physical ram.

yes, i restarted it prior to the screen capture. and ill trigger the sim again and capture it showing the insane spike.

My RAM is fine, it has passed multiple Memtest 86 passes over the last 2 years and one being within a month recent. OCCT was also used when i first started up the SLi setup of my second 1080 FE Reference card being installed.

RTSS is monitoring RAM, not PageFile which i turned off recently for monitoring.

event viewer only shows the highest usage processes, which at the time of the event trigger, was Chrome and FS2020. with the Sim showing 48GB of RAM on RTSS and a matching number in the event log, you do the figuring. when the info matches from multiple sources.

Event viewer also categorizes RAM as Virtual RAM in many cases. a quick Event ID 2004 search turned up PLENTY of sources showcasing Physical RAM being exhausted and throwing this same error.

Could if possibly be because of your memory size? Maybe MSFS is not optimised for 64GB, as Microsoft’s system spec lists only 32GB even for the hughestsoec PC. I have 32GB and don’t get a memory leak while you do. Memory size is an obvious difference. We’re both using the same MSFS software. Maybe remove half the ram and see if the problem continues.

1 Like