Please Fix Photogrammetry and/or LOD

C’mon guys we’ve already been told the higher LODs will be available and a solution for the pop-ins are underway and are to be included in the next update. In the meantime that lovely extra performance can be further tapped with a simple config fix. … Apparently they say that patience is a virtue.

1 Like

Dude, the update came out yesterday. Hotfix update 1.18.15.0, check in your xbox app for the update.

Literally the very first bulletpoint on the release notes, granted LOD is not listed but level of detail from high altitudes is meant to be fixed in this update.

Dude I have the hotfix and I am only relaying info that is readily available … DACH update to include these fixes August 26th or 27th if I remember correctly.

ok, but what we are trying to say is the airline altitude problem is not fixed although asobo thinks it is, and the only way to let them know it’s not is to post and/or vote about it.

Oh! and maybe true but I thought this was a photogrammetry thread

I am really not sure what happened… My PG looks awful now. It looked so well last week. Now the every thing looks a bit grainy… Especially the trees. Buildings look awful. Even tried ultra settings and its the same

2 Likes

Don’t you lose rain effects with Eye Adaptation set to 0? I did and I read others have.

1 Like

Since Hotfix 2 I no longer believe this change is necessary so I’ve changed the setting back to normal.

I can’t say I saw any change to the rain effects either way.

Cheers.

1 Like

I also noticed a much more grainy look to trees after the last updates.

2 Likes

Is your PG loading properly? For me it is not… If i fly over newyork the buldings look awful and broken…

1 Like

check internet

Does anyone know if Bing Maps will add new photogrammetry cities? Watching the partnership video it seems like making a 3D presentation of the world is their goal but they have not added any new 3D since forever.

Anyone know anything on this subject?

The recent official post regarding the next update being extended into September mentioned that there will be a few photogrammetry cities added.

As of the latest dev blog update, this bug (which we logged back at the launch of MSFS PC) will hopefully be solved/better with a fully cached scenery slider. Fingers crossed everyone!

1 Like

Not sure if Asobo or Bing but with each world update they fly over SELECT cities or areas capturing better quality data. In the meantime Bing satellite(s) will be doing their thing too and the quality improves with each generation but it all takes time and you can’t simply just say fly over here please.

The new cache settings are just for the culling and popping however with higher LODs now available to lesser hardware I expect there will be improvements for most of us.

True, but they also said photogrammetry draw distance will be increased (regardless of the slider) so I think this will help out a lot, which is a primary reason I created this ticket way back when.

3 Likes

Too late for me I’m afraid. I just jumped in the sim after a few weeks break after update 5 and I’ve decided to give up simming. MSFS has just turned into total a pile of junk after that update. So many bugs it is frankly unbelievable, and each patch has made things worse not better from what I can see. The beautiful visuals that we knew we could have, have all gone away. Now you fly and the scenery loads in blobs… and never that far in front of the aircraft. I’d rather fly with worse scenery of P3D that this total mess - teasing reality. But how come YouTubers seem to have slick visuals still - do they have their bandwidth allowance turned up for them??? There seems to be something odd going on here. Well done MS for taking a great product and killing it by getting greedy. Did you forget that your existing customer base are all PC based when you made it an “XBOX First” product? To the extent that the controls don’t work properly, the camera doesn’t work properly, the visuals don’t work properly? Well good luck with that - you’ve had my money, but not a penny more.

3 Likes

i have cable 500mb and same problem, new x-box users+old pc users, must be ruins servers

I am also very disappointed at the SU5 release. Yes the performance is much better but the LOD is very bad. For example, if you look at the CN tower in Toronto at a distance it looks terrible. You have to get super close for it to show at LOD0 detail. The buildings also pop in and out. Very unrealistic. Not sure how this was not caught in testing or if I am missing something? I have everything set to high/ultra.

Also getting random CTD’s. I have a completely vanilla install of the sim with no add-ons.

I hope the team addresses this in the next update. I listed my specs below for reference.

PC specs
Core i7 8700k
RTX 2070
32 GB Ram
MSI Z390 Gaming pro carbon MB
2 TB SSD

Shervin