[BUG LOGGED]Please fix the lights on AI Aircraft

Makes my night flying impossible.

7 Likes

Agree. Enough said.

2 Likes

I for one could use more info?

No lights on AI aircraft since SU5.

2 Likes

Ahh, OK, I have had AI off since the SU5 release … I dont miss them and watching the new guys crash is kinda lol.

1 Like

The only lights on the AI aircraft that are working are the cabin lights. So they are impossible to see at night.

2 Likes

I’d probably like it since I am ultra wide screen and aircraft lights show up like giant illuminated Tide Pods™

Oh I agree that they left something to be desired, but they are called anti-collision lights for good reason…

How about on all the planes. I’d like to be able to see the runway when I’m landing at night.

4 Likes

Yea the candlepower of most aircraft is like holding up the screen of a flip phone for light.

2 Likes

Same issue on other aircraft genrated while flying in VatSim.

There is some news here. Looks like we are screwed for now as far as AI Aircraft is concerned.

Lights and draw distance as well. At 4K ultra settings, you can’t see any planes or lights until they are very close.

2 Likes

So proprietary now? Then fix your bloody lights!

It looks like they nuked something on the [ELECTRICAL] side of things. I use 3rd party models for AI and the ones with old pre-MSFS values seem to have working lights while the models with modern settings don’t.

1 Like

Can you share the [ELECTRICAL] settings before the update? I’d like to try them on current AI aircraft to see if it would fix it…

These are old prehistoric values from a 3rd party model but the lights are working. Don’t forget to disable the modern stuff in your system file.

[ELECTRICAL]

; LEGACY
max_battery_voltage = 24 ; ###
generator_alternator_voltage = 28 ; ###
max_generator_alternator_amps = 60 ; ###
electric_always_available = 1 ; ###
flap_motor = 0, 5, 17 ; ###
gear_motor = 0, 5, 17 ; ###
autopilot = 0, 5, 17 ; ###
avionics_bus = 0, 5, 17 ; ###
avionics = 1, 5, 17 ; ###
pitot_heat = 0, 2, 17 ; ###
additional_system = 0, 2, 17 ; ###
marker_beacon = 1, 2, 17 ; ###
gear_warning = 0, 2, 17 ; ###
fuel_pump = 0, 5, 17 ; ###
starter1 = 0, 20, 17 ; ###
light_nav = 0, 5, 17 ; ###
light_beacon = 0, 5, 17 ; ###
light_landing = 0, 5, 17 ; ###
light_taxi = 0, 5, 17 ; ###
light_strobe = 0, 5, 17 ; ###
light_panel = 0, 5, 17 ; ###

4 Likes

So should I take out everything under [ELECTRICAL] and replace it with what you mentioned? Or should I just add on what you mentioned without deleting stuff?

You can create a back up file and just replace the stuff or you disable every line with a ; in front of it.

Please elaborate on the “modern” stuff in the “system file” please.