Please give us Chaseplane

I do not think that Reality XP was literally Shut Down, but instead, chose to not pursue adding their “Licensed Garmin Trainer Solution” to MSFS, mainly for technical reason with MSFS and the inability to implement the methods they felt were necessary to meet their technical standards, in the way that they were able to in other simulators.

The loss of Reality XP (and its developer) in MSFS 2020 was MSFS’s loss, but turned out to be X-Plane’s Gain.

3 Likes

Nothing better than chaseplane

2 Likes

It’s been two years. This needs to happen.

The difference is that ChasePlane has a dedicated UI where we can visualize the cameras for each plane. The built in tool does not have this. You have to rely on keyboard shortcuts which can be forgotten and confused.

2 Likes

Please Asobo, open the camera API… we need Chaseplane !!!

6 Likes

So much time left, but I still have the request to make it possible I get Chaseplane for MSFS → a really urgent request to Microsoft and Asobo

3 Likes

Yes please open the Camera API for chaseplane.

3 Likes

A much needed addon after years i cannot get used to the default camera system, pls open the camera API for Chaseplane!

3 Likes

Cant believe MFS is still holding this program to be developed :rage:

2 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT:
Please Asobo, open the camera API… we need Chaseplane

S’il vous plaît Asobo, ouvrez l’API de la caméra… nous avons besoin de Chaseplane

2 Likes

same here We want chaseplane

3 Likes

Yes …we need Chaseplane

2 Likes

Camera API would be valuable to VR too. Over the years, there have been many posts about what’s wrong with MSFS VR camera implementation. With camera API, we could just fix that.

1 Like

Absolutely a need for Chaseplane

MSFS/Asobo - the sim community needs Chase Plane, please do whatever is required to make this happen

1 Like

I use Sky Dolly to set up a chase plane scenario, works well and it’s free on flightsim.to

Sky Dolly != ChasePlane

I find it a bit bizzar that these complaints are ignored, plus instead of giving people the option to let mods/third parties come up with a solution… They just leave it as is

2 Likes

For heavens sake Jorg, just give the guys at Parallel what they need to bring Chaseplane to MSFS, it is the ultimate in Camera software and will only increase your sales of MSFS.
You said you would listen to the community, SO listen.

2 Likes

FYI, at 128 votes (at the time of this post), this Wishlist item is not in the top 48 items in the March 14th Lifetime Wishlist. For comparison, #48 has 349 votes.

There are two camera related items on the list. This one has 915 votes, listed as planned for 2024+:

And this one has 370 votes (though the post was closed on 10/2022 it is listed as under investigation):

The Camera API Idea on the dev support site has 100 votes"

As with any Wishlist item, IMO, more votes give the wish greater visibility with those in MS\AS that decide which feature requests to consider adding to the sim. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I posted the can we have our classic flyby views back from the start got alot of interest but never anything done by asobo which is a shame because to this day its still the only thing that its missing in my view