Please give us personalizable pilot avatars!

Is it feasible to add a feature similar to Fallout where you can personalize your avatar so we can feel more like it’s actually us in the cockpit? Maybe even using personal photos?

When will I be able to get my picture on the Avatar in the sim?

You can change your forum profile picture here, and your MSFS picture in the Xbox Console Companion app, or on the Xbox Website.

As far as I can tell, your only choice for pictures on the X-box companion or website is a bunch of cartoons. You don’t seem to be able to choose your own picture as far as I can tell?

You can, but annoyingly the image needs to be 1200 x 1200px.

1. Open the Xbox Console App
  2. On the left click your profile picture
  3. On the window that opens up, click ‘Customise’ just below your username
  4. Mouse over the avatar placeholder, and it should say ‘Customise’ and left click
  5. In the modal that pops up with the ‘cartoons’ click ‘Choose a custom picture’

I’m sorry, are we talking the same app?
It only says Edit gamerpic at the top of the window that opens and has some cartoons to choose from.
Is this on PC?
I don’t have an X-Box.
I searched for XBox Console app and it didn’t have anything for Win10?

I am not sure when, or where I got it, but this is the app:

This might help. From my August 21 post to another user:

Login to your Microsoft Account, Click on Your Profile, at the bottom, click on Go To Your Xbox Profile. Click on Customize Profile. There is a Pencil Icon next to your Current Gamertag (Username). Use that to change your Gamertag. You may need to validate the availability. If someone already has it, you may end up with Username+random digits to distinguish you from similar Gamertags.

In this same place I believe I could change my photo/avatar to the custom one I uploaded.

MS Account Login:

That sounds right. Almost positive that’s how I changed both my “Gamertag” and my photo/avatar.

In the sim not in XBox

Do you mean a 3D avatar? Like one of the pilots? Maybe when someone figures out a Mod.

1 Like

Yes to replace the pilots with me or the wife.

1 Like

That’s definitely a custom mod. You may want to ask around the Mod sites like NexusMods or Flightsim.to. I’m sure this has occurred to someone out there already.

1 Like

For instance, there’s a mod out there for putting a co-pilot in the seat next to you, and in there he modded the Asian woman’s face apparently. Just look for the pilot models and look for their textures, then you can create a mod by replacing the face pictures.

The textures are in D:\FS2020\Official\OneStore\asobo-simobjects-characters\SimObjects\Humans\texture

So, you’ll need to create a new Human Pilot simobject mod, and modify the appropriate face texture using your picture(s). I imagine you’ll need a good graphics program to stretch the picture so it looks right.

You could change the color of the coat and shirt, add logos too it, change hair color and so on…

1 Like

I think this sim is gorgeus. I would really like do bush flights with my friends, visit great places and take pics/selfies. it would be great if avatars are included so we can see each other when we are out of the planes on the ground, visiting places. Imagine a beautiful escenary you like, with the planes, sunset and the avatars of your friends.

by the way great work Asobo!!

5 Likes

Considering you can already select avatars in the menu, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a feature in the future!

3 Likes

Would be great!!

1 Like

I too think would be a wonderful idea, even if they don’t do exit/enter animations just pop in out like in farming simulator, but flying with a group and getting out and hanging out around the planes in avatar form would be a major RP bonus feature, tied with shared cockpits this would be utterly amazing!

1 Like

This is a proposal to beautify FS2020 or possibly as an additional update…
There is some graphic work to be done then…
Would it be possible to scan my head all around in the FS2020 with a still to be designed app ( can it be done with the camera built into the PC? ) that could be delivered with the FS2020, in such a way that all the necessary sides of my head are there to imitate a pilot. This model could then be used as the head of the first pilot of the type of aircraft used, and where all the attributes that a pilot normally uses, kepi, sunglasses, communication unit, and so on, can be mounted when used as the pilot of the aircraft used. The same could be done for the second pilot, if it was possible for the first pilot, by scanning another person and imitating the second pilot.
I am sure that this would add value to the FS2020.
It is only a proposal, but one can always try it …
Proposed by Jozef Van Ingelgem, Kasteelstraat 38, Blaasveld 2830 Belgium.

Yes yes and again yes! I Found this mod, but isn’t editabile. So i agree!