"Please insert the MSFS Game Disk" with beta only : Update: work around found

I ran both at the same time and it worked for me…

Right, but for me, it did not work. So I’m trying to see if @ProneManager476 doing it the way I did it and the way @PotentialTERROR did it works for them.

Heres hoping, its very frustrating!

@moxiejeff

Doing it the posted “solution” way nothing was happening. The second command was opening the store, but nothing could be selected

After I tried it my way I could use the second command to get to the store and “get” was available.

Anyway hope this helps you all

Phew what a journey we are on :joy:

3 Likes

yep. seems like every beta we’ve had there has been some insane log in issues.

I think it’s fair to Asobo to assume this was an issue with a beta test of the gaming services. Which they really don’t have control over. There’s another team I assume that controls that update and probably never talked to Asobo or informed them that they were releasing it.

This is what happens when you have a huge company with so many moving parts. One part of the company has no clue to what other parts are doing and sometimes you end up with things conflicting.

Thanks, it works after restarting between the powershell commands.

1 Like
       WORKAROUND FOR INSERT DISC

Ok so if anyone is having issues with insert disc, or rolling back the gaming services beta try this

Go to your windows insider and exit the windows gaming services beta then reboot your pc

When back in Windows right click start and select windows terminal (admin)

Use the first command posted in the “Solution”post and press enter. Close power shell and reboot

Once back on desktop right click start again and use windows terminal (admin) and paste second command and press enter

Once the store opens “Get” should be available, if it isn’t, just reboot again and all should be selectable upon restarting

I know it’s an absolute faff to keep rebooting but it’s the only way I could get mine rolled back and get into the Sim

Any issues let me know and I’ll try my best to help

3 Likes

Thank you! Wish I had seen this post before uninstalling and reinstalling. LOL

1 Like

Thanks for the workaround. I’m back in.

yes for customers, not for beta testers :grinning:

that happens if you use CMD instead of powershell. happened to me too. using powershell as admin did the trick. try it!

1 Like

Hello,

i am on MS Store and Game Pass, so i have no Disk to insert ???

It happens since today and yes, i saw the Topics about this, but all these was older.
Is anyone else getting this, maybe again ?

I saw also i am now on 1.27.21.0 … seams there was a Update from 1.27.18.0 ??

Please help, i can not start the Game anymore
Matthias

Same here.
I then open XBOX app, close it and then MSFS starts again as it should.

Hope they will fix that before SU10 release.
Started here sometimes with version .18 and is 100% with v .21 now

I just tried the solution and I‘m back in

I’m 75% finished with my uninstall/reinstall. I didn’t opt out of the beta and my release now during install shows 1.27.21.1.

Should this be ok when the install is complete?

Yes I already fixed it thanks.

Well, this morning I went to verify the solution steps posted WRT gaming services beta and opted back in. Launched the Sim (1.27.21.0) and was presented with a new message:

Clicked “OK” and the sim continued to the home screen. Marketplace and all online services very much available. Progress.

I haven’t done anything to windows gaming services yet which I am still opted IN to. Will experiment with that shortly.

same here, I tried the above solution but nothing to do :frowning:
3 days without being able to lunch the game!

Hello,
i did that from @notsofearless above.

It seams to work, i could start the Game from the store after the 2 Powershell actions.

Do i have to opt in again in Windows Gaming ?

Also … whats new in 1.27.21.0 ??

Matthias

1 Like