Please Make a Completely Separate Forum for XBOX Users

You can also mute entire categories on the same page. Doing so not only blocks those posts from your notification feed, but it hides those categories on the forum index as well.

2 Likes

Two forums… Why… say this MSFS support forum would grow 3x current size… and suppose they would put two separate General Discussion sections, one for XBox and one for PC. I wonder if currently active (PC) members are willing to check two lists of topics every time… Or be interested in a “XBox section” at all. Especially if you would put XBox on an entirely new forum… they’d have to invent a lot of answers all over again.

Not all questions are specific for hardware.

I think there is a very easy solution for most confusion (Q: newbie what do you have, XBox or PC ?)

Suppose the device could be made visible in the account info. You could check XBox or PC when setting up your profile… or Microsoft account management would put it in. They have the information… MS knows what device a user has (last) installed, PC or XBox…

I can see value in a platform flag or auto-signature.

Where is that ? Is it visible for other users ? (the idea was to introduce it)

Signatures don’t work the way you think they do on Discourse, that wouldn’t work well. From a technical standpoint, it would be possible to add an account flag for platform, but, how would you represent that in the UI? How would you force existing users to fill it out? What if a user doesn’t want to fill it out for one reason or another?

1 Like

But XBOX users already have their own dedicated forum
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_gapp?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=all&isFilterExpanded=false&page=1

So why mix them up with PC discussions that may only confuse them.

We should want all discussions pertaining to MSFS to be in one location, that is why this game, and so many others have their own dedicate forums. That is the purpose of https://forums.flightsimulator.com.

The forums you linked is for “Gaming on Xbox”, not for playing MSFS on Xbox. By your logic, all Windows users of MSFS should be on these forums Results in Xbox - Microsoft Community

2 Likes

@SofaJockey, @ArcanePython931 - If you want more info on why signatures don’t work on Discourse, take a look at this post of mine. Signature in user post - #4 by Nyx1819.

Sorry I couldn’t find the link earlier, I was dealing with a code issue and was distracted.

1 Like

There seem to me to be two parts to this discussion:

• ’Keep those Xbox kiddies and their toys away from the grown-ups’, which I find to be an ill conceived and unsavoury sentiment.

• ’Sensibly partition some categories where Xbox and PC simmers have separate interests’, which is perfectly fine and a useful step for healthy forum use.

I trust that forum administration will only seriously consider the latter. :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! We plan on only separating out potential bugs/issues with a tag #pc #xbox and will assess the need for any future categories more Xbox-related in a few weeks after we see how much of a need there is for it. The goal is to be one community.