Please...Put Pan or Panning View Back!

Hello
I don’t know about you guys but in my opinion the Panning View is far better than this xb_x view we have now, where the view springs back. I want to look left or right for a reason and I want my view to stay there. I don’t fly an airplane with my head springing back and forth. I have to determine my relative position to other aircraft, air fields etc…

My disclaimer…the statements above ONLY reflects MY Opinion. Do you hear me?

Coalition of “Bring Back the Pan View Please.”

Sincerely
Noboru

Win 10 64, 32 gigs ddr3, Nvidia 2080 TI 8gigs…Hotas

1 Like

Hello,
Maybe I’m confused on what you are asking for, but I have panning mapped to the hat switch on my yoke and it does not spring back when I release the hat switch.

Mine pans correctly as well, Is there a chance a mapping may have switched?

It’s there. It’s a different binding. Don’t remember the name. Have been using Trackir / VR and hatswitch for trimming.

Have you tried this?

Hi
Thank you for replying… after the latest update I lost the ability to pan around without it snapping back to forward 3d view.

I’m thinking they Asobo change it. Spent all day reinstalling.

Regards
Noboru

Hi
Thank you for replying, No… I double check. Spent all day reinstalling.

Regards
Noboru

I do not have this issue. I’m sure you double checked your bindings, but they must still be wrong.

Hi
Thank you for replying…No that doesn’t work.

Regards
Noboru

your controller settings / bindings are saved in the cloud, so reinstalling won’t do anything. Try resetting your controller profiles from the settings. Must be something you’ve changed.

Hello
Even in freelook or view snaps right back to forward view.

Regards
Noboru

Solved: General => Camera=> Free Look Reset =Manual for cockpit and Chase Views.

Thank You for help…I’ll buy ya a cold one

REgards
Noboru

1 Like

Click the middle button or the wheel button, then you can move the mouse to look all around

Freelook hold vs toggle sounds like the issue.

I do find it very odd that Asobo updates seem to change or erase keybindings. It’s done that a few times now…

As far as I know this has only happened once, and that was because some commands were renamed (I think the ones moving the cockpit view camera up/down and left/right.

Nah, it changed the rudder mapping for some of us one update. Rudder went from analog to digital and would stay in the position it’d been moved to unless you pushed the other rudder pedal to move it back. Controls had to be remapped to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.