Please Remove "Press Any Key to Start"

please, is useless, why do we need to hit a key if we already started the sim?

1. run the sim
  2. wait to hit a key
  3. after hit a key wait to load the UI

make everything so slow…

89 Likes

Agreed. If I start the sim, the first thing I want to get to is the menu, any video or ident and prompt before that is just slowing things down or being an obstacle to what I want to do. The game takes long enough to load as it is.

21 Likes

I’ll throw my hat in on this.
It’s a hate of mine so far.
I have another thread you might see in my profile where i timed it vs X-Plane just to get to a menu.
Results were not good for Microsoft, the key press requirements make it worse.

5 Likes

Please, yes.

3 Likes

Yes, totally agreed. Maybe on an XBox that makes sense. But not on a PC.

I already clicked the icon. Yes, I am ready to start… Why are you asking again? Maybe I changed my mind? :crazy_face:

11 Likes

Agree! It’s not 1996 anymore.

5 Likes

Yes this would be better to have once the menu has loaded, then display ‘press key’ screen and then it instantly displays the main menu. That would be better imo.

4 Likes

Agree. Ths is totally useless step. Launch to the menu right away.

3 Likes

Yes please!!!
And also when you finsih your flight and you want to close the simulator, yo have to got to the main screen( waiting) and then go to desktop

Much better to go out in one step

7 Likes

the way fsx was setup was better. you had a menu screen where you could directly start a new scenario and load in. and when done you could go back to the menu.

2 Likes

Another vote to get rid of the stupid press to start screen.

There are ways to force the program to exit, but it would be nice to have a more graceful way to do it. I’ve also been thinking lately that it would be nice to be able to end a flight and go directly to the world map to set up a new one.

6 Likes

“Take me to the main menu”

1 Like

CH yoke and pedals picture is not displayed in the Control menu?

2 Likes

How in the dev team thought that users would really enjoy the same intro credits EVERY TIME (which, by the way, are unnecessarily long with animations an so on)?? It’s a no brainer!

6 Likes

Yes please!

2 Likes

Agreed and what’s more, I can’t hit any key, its just the mouse button that works for me.

4 Likes

Agreed, get this trash out of here.

2 Likes

Yes, you launch it, go for breakfast, comeback after 10mins and it’s stuck there :frowning:

6 Likes

Yeah, at least move it to just before the menu is ready and display it immediatly.

4 Likes

They can’t do it just before the menu because incompetent design has the GPU at 100% in the menu. They’ll burn down houses if you walk away with the menu loaded in the background.

10 Likes